2 Minutes of Castle D | The Boneyard

2 Minutes of Castle D

Reaction Score
IMG_8378.gif

Reaction Score
Watching this makes me realize just how special he is.

Watching UConn basketball puts a smile on my face.

Wish they showed his defense on Floyd - had CFJ basically calling for his mother.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Bottom line the D gets soft after about 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
That Illinois clip where dude has Castle in front of him and Clingan behind Castle and he still tried to go up with it lmao

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I always felt like watching him he has another gear. When he gets challenged or amped up its scary fast and physical. Another plane. He's a little like Milton Berle. He just uses enough D to win.

Reaction Score
Kinda crazy that he didn't even know he was good at D until this year. I don't have the quote or a clip of the interview handy, but it was something like, I didn't really have to play D in high school. So I didn't learn I was good at it until this year.... or something like that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I forget if it was a BET game or a mid-round tourney game (I do remember Raf was calling it) but Castle faked a guy so bad on a drive to the hoop the man looked like he was bolted to the floor. It was so subtle I had to watch it a couple of times. Anyone know which one I'm talking about? We were shooting at the hoop on the left. Anyway, that one move said pro to me. He's going to be good.

Reaction Score
I forget if it was a BET game or a mid-round tourney game (I do remember Raf was calling it) but Castle faked a guy so bad on a drive to the hoop the man looked like he was bolted to the floor. It was so subtle I had to watch it a couple of times. Anyone know which one I'm talking about? We were shooting at the hoop on the left. Anyway, that one move said pro to me. He's going to be good.
This one against Illinois? Or the one against Seton Hall where he buckled the knees of 2 guys on his way to the basket?

Reaction Score
I always felt like watching him he has another gear. When he gets challenged or amped up its scary fast and physical. Another plane. He's a little like Milton Berle. He just uses enough D to win.
Milton Berle???? Holy mackerel Andy, what an analogy

Reaction Score
I cannot remember a freshman whose defense was as good as Castle's - and only a few upperclassmen too. Maybe Ricky Moore as a frosh? But he didn't have the positional versatility of Castle.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom