#2 in the BE ... | The Boneyard

#2 in the BE ...

Reaction Score
as I said elsewhere, we just lost 2 top 25 wins as #24 probably drops out. But Maybe Marquette jumps in and we get top 25 wins against them. Does that mean we don't to beat them too badly on Monday, make them look good so we get 2 good wins on our scorecard?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Define "good" game? We beat them by 29 at their place, first time playing them in a while, and that was with them pushing, pulling, elbowing, hip checking... it felt like I was watching us play UCF or ECU.

The next game will be at home, and is technically "senior" night. I hope we wallop them by 40+.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
as I said elsewhere, we just lost 2 top 25 wins as #24 probably drops out. But Maybe Marquette jumps in and we get top 25 wins against them. Does that mean we don't to beat them too badly on Monday, make them look good so we get 2 good wins on our scorecard?
Makes zero difference. Unless we lose, we are a number 1 seed. It might make a seeding difference to other teams.that need a good victory. I wouldn’t mind a contest though. It would be nice if one of the Big East teams become tough outs for us as ND and Rutgers and to a lesser extent St. John’s, BC and WV occasionally were for us. Only DePaul has any sort of competitive history against us and that was pretty much only one game.

Reaction Score
Think you got it wrong (hope you do- only fair). Isn't it the rank of the team when you play them.
Frankly I don't understand computers, but my bet it is both- a good wins over Marquette, a team that finished__ and good wins over top 25 DePaul. (at the time) Not fair to penalize a team IMO.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I dont think it matters much. UCONN should be a lock for the #1 or #2 overall seed if they win out regardless of where Depaul/Marquette finish. DePaul was #53 RealtimeRPI and #44 Massey before today which indicates they're probably not close to being considered a top 25 win in the eyes of the committee.

I only see A&M as a threat and they'll likely need to beat South Carolina twice to supplant the Huskies which I dont think is likely.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Define "good" game? We beat them by 29 at their place, first time playing them in a while, and that was with them pushing, pulling, elbowing, hip checking... it felt like I was watching us play UCF or ECU.

The next game will be at home, and is technically "senior" night. I hope we wallop them by 40+.
Or Rutgers or ND those were classic ND moves undercutting rebounders and drivers

Reaction Score
If you mentioned it elsewhere you're spreading misinformation, UConn didn't lose them 2 top 25 wins...top 18 actually, as @MD#12Fan also stated. They are still shown on the schedule as wins over #18 DePaul and #17 DePaul, at time of game.

1614244934411.png

Reaction Score
Marquette is ranked 37 in the NET rankings (through Feb. 23rd as of this post), while DePaul is listed at 61. Not sure how much will change based on this win.

Reaction Score

Coach Abe definitely employed extremely rough defensive tactics. Reminded me of Coach Q.

Reaction Score
This is only my opinion...but I like a nail biter every once in a while..certainly I want UCONN to be on the winning end of games like what we Might see when we play Marquette for the second time..having said that UCONN is playing better now as a complete unit..I look forward to the Big East Tournament.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What's happening to DePaul? Injuries? They seem to be fading of late....
It's a fair question. No shame in losing to Marquette, but they also just lost to Creighton, and the 2 games before that were single digit wins over Xavier (WHAT???) and Seton Hall. Hall MIGHT have been a NCAA team, but their recent loss to Georgetown, IMHO, sealed their fate as a WNIT team...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What's happening to DePaul? Injuries? They seem to be fading of late....

I think their shot selection is pretty poor. It is one thing to be a 3pt shooting team, it is another to take tough 3pt shots early in the shot clock. And I do not think they have enough team speed to make their press that effective.

Reaction Score
I think their shot selection is pretty poor. It is one thing to be a 3pt shooting team, it is another to take tough 3pt shots early in the shot clock. And I do not think they have enough team speed to make their press that effective.

No injuries to impact performance?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom