2 guard lineups with Sidney at the 3 | The Boneyard

2 guard lineups with Sidney at the 3

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I would love to see what our team would look like some of the time with Sidney at the 3 and Polley at the 4. Or with Polley at the 3 when Diarra comes back. Its very hard to play 3 small guards against certain teams
Yes. But I think Wilson and Polley need to demonstrate a little better handle and ability to dribble penetrate for Hurley to like it. I like it, though.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Especially when our guards played like they did today. Give the minutes to polley and Sid. Although we even play four guards at one point, so not sure where Hurley is on this. He likes lots of guards. So,do I when they are playing at a high level.

Reaction Score
This is what I’d like to see more. 2 guards with Sid, Polley on the wing + a big.

Reaction Score
Carlton with 0 pts 0 rbs and 0 assists in 15 minutes is a big problem. He needs to get angrier out there. Have more pride. Cobb with 12 and 10. Consistently getting double doubles against tough competition and it’s more moxy than skill. The dude gets mad. We still lack toughness from 1-5 but Hurley will change that

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I would love to see what our team would look like some of the time with Sidney at the 3 and Polley at the 4. Or with Polley at the 3 when Diarra comes back. Its very hard to play 3 small guards against certain teams
I think we are seeing our 8 man rotation with JA, CV, AG, TO, and JA starting with TS, EC and now Sid. There you have it

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Would love to see 3 guards, Sid and Polley.

Won't happen until Polley shows he can defend the post and rebound. His rebound numbers are absurdly bad. I don't know if his role is to rebound or getluton the break to get to a wing or corner for a 3 but he doesn't grab boards.

Reaction Score
I think this is where end up down the stretch. Without Wilson it wasn’t really an option. Probably takes a while for this to be a thing though, Hurley needs to get more comfortable with Wilson.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Won't happen until Polley shows he can defend the post and rebound. His rebound numbers are absurdly bad. I don't know if his role is to rebound or getluton the break to get to a wing or corner for a 3 but he doesn't grab boards.
If one of the guards is 6’10...

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Against a small CT high school team sure.
Well, maybe if you are pressing full court and running hard off every turnover, but otherwise, no.

Reaction Score

That's a situational lineup dependent on matchups. Possible, but not for long. Could be used as a different look out of a TO to play fast to change the dynamic of a game. Not much else

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For clarification, yes, this would be a situational lineup for a 3-5 minute stretch. You could go real fast and put strain on another team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There are a lot of positives We shoot an extremely high %, we rebound relatively well, we share the ball. We need to work on decreasing turnovers, foul shooting, how to defend without fouling, and stop gambling so much. Right now we’re already one of the best offensive teams in the country. We shouldn’t get reactionary over one close loss and start completely changing around our style. We’re really close to being really good.

Reaction Score
Polley can’t guard 3’s or put it on the floor at all. Diarra at the four is a spacing nightmare.

Like the idea of Polley at the 4 and Sid at the 3 tho it’s intriguing.

Reaction Score

Hurley played that yesterday in the first half to get Cobb a rest. So impactful no one in this thread noticed. Hurley put in Yakwe one play later I believe.

Reaction Score
Hurley loves the guards lineup, but he's using someone else's players. At times they get the ball and become dribble/shot focused at times driving and others shooting bombs. Just saying I'm not sure Adams, Vital, Gilbert and guard #4 are effective together. Perhaps by January they will figure it out.

With his recruits it should look a lot better and fluid.

Reaction Score
What if AZ did not shoot 17% from 3? Defended them well OK but they also had a lot of uncontested layups so Hurley has a lot to coach with our defense. Our bigs do not defend well. It would be nice to have a shotblocker in there like Akok but we have what we have.

Reaction Score
is anyone really doubting that sid has a higher ceiling than vital? if not, it only makes sense to hope sid develops enough to eventually take vital's starting spot on the wing.

i'm already pumped for gilbert, bouknight, wilson, akok, and fill in the blank center next season!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom