2-deep out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2-deep out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My only issue is Phillips starting on kickoffs. Never good in my opinion to have starters returning kicks. To many things can happen that are not good.

Freshman play if they're good enough, plain and simple.

When I saw that, the thought I had was Jason Seehorn.

Reaction Score
He's (Lemelle) the same size and weight as Tavon Austin was as a starting freshman.

It's the speed that matters when you're that size. Austin is/was a fast MOFO. If Lemelle's anywhere near as fast, that's good. I imagine that he must be, if he's out there.

Reaction Score
It's the speed that matters when you're that size. Austin is/was a fast MOFO. If Lemelle's anywhere near as fast, that's good. I imagine that he must be, if he's out there.
I think that Lemelle was by far our biggest recruiting get ever. He had offers from at least a dozen D1 schools, including PA State, Nebraska, WVU.

Scout Links never work

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5816834
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brian-Lemelle-118722
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brian-Lemelle-118722

Reaction Score
Sometimes late at night when I can't sleep... I wish my name was Jazzmar Clax. That's an awesome name.

Just saved yourself a whallop from the Debbie Stick ™ after that wet noodle 5-7 comment. it's a brand new season.

I believe there is hope for the Boneyard - when freescooter and whaler find it within themselves to actually be creative and funny? holy crap.

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just saved yourself a whallop from the Debbie Stick ™ after that wet noodle 5-7 comment. it's a brand new season.

I believe there is hope for the Boneyard - when freescooter and whaler find it within themselves to actually be creative and funny? holy crap.

I wasn't commenting on the roster. I was commenting on your predictive powers. I like a lot of the roster but the offensive line scares the crap out of me.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sometimes late at night when I can't sleep... I wish my name was Jazzmar Clax. That's an awesome name.

No wonder he plays football. With a name like that, what better way to stop getting made fun of than to bust some heads. I wonder if some judge in Kentucky is retroactively pushing to change his birth certificate. ;)

Reaction Score
I wasn't commenting on the roster. I was commenting on your predictive powers. I like a lot of the roster but the offensive line scares the crap out of me.

? Not sure what you're talking about, I predicted that we had players recruited as true freshmen last year that could play and compete and do well, and they did. I was right. I didn't make any predictions about wins and losses, that's not a game I get into. My goal for this program, what I want to see, is for them to be in position to win the division title, and be in the post season. The division title has gotten out of reach by November in each season under Pasqualoni, but we've been right there for the post season by the final game twice in a row. Failed both times. Simply cannot fail this year. I think everybody knows it.

As for the OL - it's time that everything needs to start clicking up front. they can't possibly have a better profile for making that happen, with so many players returning, and now having two years in the system. They still have to go out and do it. Hopefully, by the time October/Novebmer roll around, it will be opponents that are frightened of the OL, rather than fans.

Reaction Score
No wonder he plays football. With a name like that, what better way to stop getting made fun of than to bust some heads. I wonder if some judge in Kentucky is retroactively pushing to change his birth certificate. ;)
Was surprised that Walsh beat him out after he beat out Frank. Thought that he looked good in Spring. I think that with lack of depth at TE, FB will catch more passes this year. Maybe that's what Walsh can do.

Reaction Score
Was surprised that Walsh beat him out after he beat out Frank. Thought that he looked good in Spring. I think that with lack of depth at TE, FB will catch more passes this year. Maybe that's what Walsh can do.

To my knowledge, Clax was primarily a defensive player coming into the program, and Walsh was an offensive player. I might be wrong about that, but it that is the case, it would probably explain the depth chart, because Walsh would have had more experience in the handling the ball, because the last thing we need, is a power back, that puts the ball on the turf when he's at the goal line going for a score vs. say a Michigan.

Husky25

Reaction Score
To my knowledge, Clax was primarily a defensive player coming into the program, and Walsh was an offensive player. I might be wrong about that, but it that is the case, it would probably explain the depth chart, because Walsh would have had more experience in the handling the ball, because the last thing we need, is a power back, that puts the ball on the turf when he's at the goal line going for a score vs. say a Michigan.
At 6-0, 230 and 5-11, 240, I see a play action to DeLorenzo and hitting the FB in the flat Wiiiiiiiiide open (No matter who it is)!!!!

Reaction Score
I actually would like to see the goal line defense with Mcbryde and Pruitt in there with Knappe, whole line of 300 pds. Hard to move that group...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
When I saw that, the thought I had was Jason Seehorn.

First thing I thought of as well. Just don't think a starter should be returning kicks.

The rest of the two deep shows a lot of size and speed. I am excited for the start of the season against Towson St

Husky25

Reaction Score
First thing I thought of as well. Just don't think a starter should be returning kicks.

The rest of the two deep shows a lot of size and speed. I am excited for the start of the season against Towson St
Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, and Champ Bailey all say hi...and disagree with you.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, and Champ Bailey all say hi...and disagree with you.

Prime time players in prime time places. Let your best players make plays.

Husky25

Reaction Score
saving you the long explanation - the ability to field punts, and not let them drop, in and of itself is a WIN in field position battle, and over the course of an evenly matched game, can often mean the difference between having significant scoring chances, and not having them.

A fair catch, IMO, is better than letting it bounce dead randomly - and a punt is a dead ball, until it's touched - and therein is the risk/benefit. Because if you don't touch it, it's dead, as soon as touch it, it's live again. (In lower levels of football around the country, recent years, there's been a significant movement where teams simply don't punt anymore, and play 4 downs all the time, and others don't field punts and rush 11 men on returns. Hasn't really made it's way into top level college or pros)

As for returns, any positive yardage on a return, is gravy, IMO. Just catch the ball, and maintain possession without giving up ground, if you can advance - wonderful - not necessary. This is all my philosophy only.

I firmly believe, that a guy that can field a ball (meaning catch punts) is invaluable, and it's a skill that is completely independent of age/height/weight/experience. You can either do it well, and hone the basic skills, or you can't.

...You were saying?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Come on man, I'm just starting to get this game in the rear view mirror. LOL.

When it comes to griping I give myself 24 hours, then I won't mention it again...At that point it's overkill and there are only two choices: Do something about it or shut up, because no one really wants to hear it. Since I have zero power to do anything, the only remaining option is to shut up. ;)

Reaction Score
When it comes to griping I give myself 24 hours, then I won't mention it again...At that point it's overkill and there are only two choices: Do something about it or shut up, because no one really wants to hear it. Since I have zero power to do anything, the only remaining option is to shut up. ;)

Yup I'm right there with ya. That's football. We're coming up on 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom