2 days from now Zags/UNC is gone and UConn is the sport's top story | The Boneyard

2 days from now Zags/UNC is gone and UConn is the sport's top story

Reaction Score
And 2 days from now, who knows if more shat has hit the fan for Husky land?

Kentucky's revolving door puts this year's team in The League only to re-load, with Diallo et al., for next season. Same old. Puke now plays the same game.

2014, 2011, 2004, 1999 NCAA national champion UConn?

Middling Norwalk's own Enoch: gone despite ample playing time to earn. Rather sit a year than stay.
Daddy's little boy Vance: gone despite ample playing time to earn. Rather sit a year than stay.
King of loyalty is dead Durham: gone despite 2 bad knees, UConn's kept promise and ample playing time to earn. Rather sit a year than stay.
MAL-adjusted: Scared of comp from Vital? (whom I now love to high heaven). Rather split than stay.

I know NCAA ball goes away pretty much asap with baseball opening day and NBA playoffs looming; but this has to be the story of the new off season. Some sports writer with a lot of time on his hands has to ask a big WTF and shine a light on this mess. If there is a grand plan and KO, Chilli and Killings are making a killing for '17 - '18 that would be an even bigger story. Terry and Alterique are huge ifs. I don't want to be looking up at Tulane.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just been eating a lot of crow...... ^^^^^^

Reaction Score
The plan: everyone comes back healthy, we bring in a couple capable grads (maybe Cam Johnson from Pitt, Rooks from Cal, etc), we bring in a couple capable recruits (Harris, Diarra, Waters, a late decommit, a late reclass?), everyone works really hard, and plays pissed off in what becomes a really great season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What's 01 + 17 =?
One year removed from one of the worst periods for men's bb.

Reaction Score
And 2 days from now, who knows if more shat has hit the fan for Husky land?

Kentucky's revolving door puts this year's team in The League only to re-load, with Diallo et al., for next season. Same old. Puke now plays the same game.

2014, 2011, 2004, 1999 NCAA national champion UConn?

Middling Norwalk's own Enoch: gone despite ample playing time to earn. Rather sit a year than stay.
Daddy's little boy Vance: gone despite ample playing time to earn. Rather sit a year than stay.
King of loyalty is dead Durham: gone despite 2 bad knees, UConn's kept promise and ample playing time to earn. Rather sit a year than stay.
MAL-adjusted: Scared of comp from Vital? (whom I now love to high heaven). Rather split than stay.

I know NCAA ball goes away pretty much asap with baseball opening day and NBA playoffs looming; but this has to be the story of the new off season. Some sports writer with a lot of time on his hands has to ask a big WTF and shine a light on this mess. If there is a grand plan and KO, Chilli and Killings are making a killing for '17 - '18 that would be an even bigger story. Terry and Alterique are huge ifs. I don't want to be looking up at Tulane.
The light has already been shined to some degree. I'm hoping that this is a situation where the players were defective rather than the coach. Since I have not heard so far that KO is impossible to deal with, is real negative, not great to be around, then that is a good sign. KO needed those players to buy in to the team concept and they had their own agenda. We cannot have any of our main players not be 100% next year. It you are correct in scratching your head about why guys who are going to get big minutes sit out rather than play for KO?

Reaction Score
Wow....came to the board to review the WSU opinions, only to find we lost 3 players, a coach and top recruit. Time to put my head back in the sand...

Reaction Score
Are we the top story yet?

No we are not the top story and I was in a bit of a frenzy upon originally posting this. So now I ask, Why is UConn not the top men's CBB story? Does the public turn off the game the minute the final four ends? Or worse to my mind, did the media and others move on from the UConn program as news worthy?

On face value this seems to be a big deal. Understanding this is a fan forum; but as I referenced above, KY is losing 3 or 4 to The League and we are just losing 4 players/recruits to who knows where. If all publicity is good publicity it sure seems as if we aren't news.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I have not heard bad things on Killings and hopefully Chil will start recruiting like crazy.
People underestimated how important the Bunkey fun factor is - does anyone honestly believe if he was around dudes would be homesick - of course not

Reaction Score
No we are not the top story and I was in a bit of a frenzy upon originally posting this. So now I ask, Why is UConn not the top men's CBB story? Does the public turn off the game the minute the final four ends? Or worse to my mind, did the media and others move on from the UConn program as news worthy?

On face value this seems to be a big deal. Understanding this is a fan forum; but as I referenced above, KY is losing 3 or 4 to The League and we are just losing 4 players/recruits to who knows where. If all publicity is good publicity it sure seems as if we aren't news.

Yes, I think the public stops caring after the tourny and moves on to baseball, the masters the NBA playoffs and the NFL and then NBA draft

Reaction Score
UConn men's basketball has not been relevant on the national stage for 3 seasons. Nobody cares about what happened to a team that wasn't even good enough to make the NIT. Sad, but true.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I have not heard bad things on Killings and hopefully Chil will start recruiting like crazy.
People underestimated how important the Bunkey fun factor is - does anyone honestly believe if he was around dudes would be homesick - of course not

Who's Bunkey?

Reaction Score
UConn men's basketball has not been relevant on the national stage for 3 seasons. Nobody cares about what happened to a team that wasn't even good enough to make the NIT. Sad, but true.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah...never ending story can't believe you can't get sick of yourself quite honestly. We ALL get it, it ain't pretty but you should wipe that piece of crap that's firmly entrenched under your nose above your top lip, its not very becoming and may even help you smile for once. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Blah blah blah blah blah blah...never ending story can't believe you can't get sick of yourself quite honestly. We ALL get it, it ain't pretty but you should wipe that piece of crap that's firmly entrenched under your nose above your top lip, its not very becoming and may even help you smile for once. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if you can't handle the truth. I smile for many, many reasons. Lately, UConn basketball has not been one of them. I did enjoy seeing Facey develop this season. Other than that, I saw a once proud program that looked really awful in many ways.

Reaction Score
I am in no way an insider, my only tie within the athletic dept is a friend who once played for the team in the mid 2000s, but he said that from what he's heard about Durham is that he was asked to leave. Very little work ethic, and was told by the staff he'd be better off elsewhere. As far as the others, I have no idea.

Told him my concerns for the program, and he said that this happens more often than not and is pretty common and mentioned about how schools have 2-3 transfers or a de-commit all of the time, we just notice it more this year bc of this class' expectations and the year we came off of. While it's a lot at one time, it's not something that's rare or just local to our program.

Also, he mentioned that the kids always say that it's their decision to leave when 9/10 times it's the coaching staff as people need to remember that scholarships are year to year, not 4 year contracts. Again, not saying the staff told all 3 and MAL to leave, but you can make a case that outside of Steve, one was asked and one was parental influence and not a shock and one wasn't even ever here.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry if you can't handle the truth. I smile for many, many reasons. Lately, UConn basketball has not been one of them. I did enjoy seeing Facey develop this season. Other than that, I saw a once proud program that looked really awful in many ways.

Oh I can handle the truth, it's right in front of us all not just you. I guess it's how you perceive it and handle it yourself. I can't be in constant negative mode after all the good UConn has delivered me over the years and I can handle the bumps in the road. I know KO needs to prove some things but I also know the hand dealt last year, others prefer to use that weakness to further their agenda., not me unfair from my point of view.

Again just me, it pains me to see people not give an inch as if there hasn't been anything positive thrown their way over the "last 3 years." Actually not pains me actually it's downright ugly. Still a "proud program" to me sorry you see it any other way but that's your right.

Reaction Score
I guess my perspective is very different than yours. I was a student at UConn from 1983 to 1988. JC and Geno arrived while I was there. I was a campus tour guide, summer orientation leader, resident assistant, member of the track team (briefly), member of a fraternity, on the Student Union Board of Governors, etc. Suffice it to say that UConn has been a big part of my life.

I have attended hundreds of home and away games over the years. Every year I have attended many games with the exception of 1992-93 when I lived in California. Whether it was celebrating the 1988 NIT Championship or watching rain fill huge buckets during games at the fieldhouse, I have been there and enjoyed every minute of it. I played pickup against Earl Kelley and became friendly with several of the players from my era. Heck, I just remembered that in my final year or two, I actually got paid $25 per game to be an usher at the football and basketball games.

The bottom line is that I love UConn and UConn basketball. I am thrilled with the success UConn has had over the past 30 years. But its not the Championships that I miss. What I miss is being relevant, being in the hunt, seeing highlights of regular season games on Sportscenter, having a bit of a buzz about the program.

Hopefully, now you will understand why I have been so disappointed over the past 3 seasons. Its not that I don't care about the program, but rather that I might care too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom