2-6-21 Saturday Viewing and Discussion Thread | The Boneyard

2-6-21 Saturday Viewing and Discussion Thread

Reaction Score
Friday 5PM Bonus High School Basketball:
#4 Sunrise Christian (KS) vs #1 Montverde Academy (FL)

MONTVERDE ’21 recruits
#8 Caleb Houstan, 6’8 PF, Michigan
#35 Langston Love, 6’4 SG, Baylor
#39 DaRon Holmes, 6’9 PF, Dayton
#101 Ryan Nembhard, 6’1 PG, Creighton
#135 Ja’Vier Francis, 6’8 PF, Houston
’22 recruits
#2 Jalen Duren, 6’10 C
#7 Dariq Whitehead, 6’5 SF
#24 Jalen Hood-Schifino, 6’4 SG
#27 Justice Williams, 6’3 SG
SUNRISE ’21 recruits
#14 Kennedy Chandler, 6’1 PG, Tennessee
#15 Kendall Brown, 6’8 SF, Baylor
#36 Zach Clemence, 6’9 PF, Kansas
#173 Kenny Pohto, 6’11 C, Minnesota
#242 Jaylon McDaniel, 6’6 PF, undecided
NA Quentin Flood, 6’5 SF, undecided
’22 recruits
#31 Gradey Dick, 6’7 SF
#156 Willie Lightfoot, 6’0 PG

SATURDAY

Noon:

Seton Hall @ UConn - Fox: Let’s go good guys.

#10 Alabama @ #18 Missouri - ESPN: Missouri are winners of five of their last six and Alabama are winners of eleven of their last twelve. For me, the player to watch is Missouri junior guard Xavier Pinson. After scoring 27 against Tennessee and 36 against TCU, Pinson continues to build his alpha role in the Missouri offense, giving the Tigers a chance to have the offensive firepower to pair well with their defensive system.

2 PM:
#23 Kansas @ #17 West Virginia - CBS: After a loss to Florida and a too close of a game again st Iowa State, West Virginia can use a sound win against Kansas as they stay their B12 gauntlet of Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, two games against Baylor and Texas. Hell of a six game stretch. Similar to what I said about Pinson, sophomore guard Miles McBride is developing as Vest Virginia’s go-to guard.

St. John’s @ Providence - FS1: St. John’s is on fire and Providence has lost 6 of 8. I’m rooting for the Johnnie’s to lengthen their five-game winning streak and with future games against Xavier, DePaul, Villanova, Providence and Seton Hall, a Madness bid is certainly possible.

Saint Bonaventure @ Saint Louis - Considered the pre-season A-10 favorite, Saint Louis hasn’t won since playing UMKC in December as their team has been idle due to covid. On the other hand, the Bonnies were a dark horse A-10 candidate and they’ve won their last seven. They’re a very balanced team with five double-digit scorers while junior big Osun Osunniyi is a double-double machine who averages 2.1 blocks a game. With no seniors on their team, 21/22 can be a HUGE year for the Bonnies.

2:30 PM:
#19 Wisconsin @ #12 Illinois - Streamable on Fox Sports: Wisconsin is 2-2 in their last four while Illinois have won their last three. Like Missouri and West Virginia above, Wisconsin is a great defensive team, but is lacking a true lead guard to feel confident going into March. Can fifth-year senior D’Mitrik Trice (13.3 ppg) become that?

3:00 PM:
#6 Texas @ Oklahoma State - ABC: Interesting to see how Texas’s defense responds to Cade Cunningham after he scored 25 against them earlier this season. Texas has a good defense, but Cade is a unique prospect so it’ll be good for them to build confidence against a big guard/wing like Cade.

4 PM:
Pittsburgh @ #14 Virginia - ESPN: A win for Pitt would be huge especially for their offensive confidence. Champagnie has been a revelation (19.3p, 12.2r, 1.3s, 1.4b).

5 PM:
#15 Creighton @ Marquette - Fox: Creighton has quietly played just .500 ball in their last six. A must win game for Marquette if they want a chance of an at-large bid.

6 PM:
Wofford @ Furman - ESPN+: Two of the top-four teams in the SoCon vying for the top spot. Furman junior Mike Bothwell and Wofford’s senior Storm Murphy are their respective team’s lead guards, both averaging over 18 ppg.

North Carolina @ Duke - ESPN: Ever been to a high school reunion and the two pretty mean girls from your grade now look like duds?

7 PM:
Marshall @ Old Dominion - ESPN+: Old Dominion has been a surprise team in the C-USA, 8-4 overall and 4-2 in the conference. Jaylin Hunter’s stats: 4.7p, 2.2r, 1.6a, 0.8s in 19.2 mpg. Marshall is a ton of fun to watch: Taevion Kinsey is their star (19.8p, 6.8r, 3.8s in 37.6 mpg!)

8 PM:
#11 Tennessee @ Kentucky - ESPN: I wonder if Terrance Clarke is playing? :)

Arizona @ Colorado - FS1: Very good Pac-12 matchup: Both offensively strong teams (both top-30 KenPom), so could be a fun, high scoring game. James Akinjo alert: 14.6p, 5.6a, 1.6s, 36 fg%.

UMass @ Rhode Island - ESPN2: Fun intra New England game. UMass is ahead of schedule, going 5-2 in A-10 play so far. Tre Mitchell (20p, 7.4r, 2.2a, 1.1s, 1.3b, 50 fg%, 38 3p%) has been a stud.

8:30PM:
South Dakota @ South Dakota State - ESPN3: Battle of the top-two teams in the Summit. South Dakota senior wing Stanley Umude is their stud (20.5p, 7.3r, 36 3p%) while SDSU sophomore wing Noah Freidel (17.6p, 4.5r, 46.7 3p%) is the Jackrabbits leader. Chance to watch David Wingett, if you’re into that.

10 PM:
#21 UCLA @ USC - ESPN: With their 78th ranked defense and 201th ranked 2p%, I fully expect the Mobleys to destroy UCLA’s weak interior D. Tahj Eaddy alert: 12.6p, 3r, 2.6a in 31 mpg.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
#2 Sunrise Christian (KS) vs #1 Montverde Academy (FL)
Sorry but I’m booked. UConn hockey at 5.

Otherwise this Saturday slate is INSANE. I will be glued to the couch until like 9. Those 8pm games and out don’t really intrigue me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
#2 Sunrise Christian (KS) vs #1 Montverde Academy (FL)

MONTVERDE ’21 recruits
#8 Caleb Houstan, 6’8 PF, Michigan
#35 Langston Love, 6’4 SG, Baylor
#39 DaRon Holmes, 6’9 PF, Dayton
#101 Ryan Nembhard, 6’1 PG, Creighton
#135 Ja’Vier Francis, 6’8 PF, Houston
’22 recruits
#2 Jalen Duren, 6’10 C
#7 Dariq Whitehead, 6’5 SF
#24 Jalen Hood-Schifino, 6’4 SG
#27 Justice Williams, 6’3 SG
SUNRISE ’21 recruits
#14 Kennedy Chandler, 6’1 PG, Tennessee
#15 Kendall Brown, 6’8 SF, Baylor
#36 Zach Clemence, 6’9 PF, Kansas
#173 Kenny Pohto, 6’11 C, Minnesota
#242 Jaylon McDaniel, 6’6 PF, undecided
NA Quentin Flood, 6’5 SF, undecided
’22 recruits
#31 Gradey Dick, 6’7 SF
#156 Willie Lightfoot, 6’0 PG

SATURDAY

Noon:

Seton Hall @ UConn - Fox: Let’s go good guys.

#10 Alabama @ #18 Missouri - ESPN: Missouri are winners of five of their last six and Alabama are winners of eleven of their last twelve. For me, the player to watch is Missouri junior guard Xavier Pinson. After scoring 27 against Tennessee and 36 against TCU, Pinson continues to build his alpha role in the Missouri offense, giving the Tigers a chance to have the offensive firepower to pair well with their defensive system.

2 PM:
#23 Kansas @ #17 West Virginia - CBS: After a loss to Florida and a too close of a game again st Iowa State, West Virginia can use a sound win against Kansas as they stay their B12 gauntlet of Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, two games against Baylor and Texas. Hell of a six game stretch. Similar to what I said about Pinson, sophomore guard Miles McBride is developing as Vest Virginia’s go-to guard.

St. John’s @ Providence - FS1: St. John’s is on fire and Providence has lost 6 of 8. I’m rooting for the Johnnie’s to lengthen their five-game winning streak and with future games against Xavier, DePaul, Villanova, Providence and Seton Hall, a Madness bid is certainly possible.

Saint Bonaventure @ Saint Louis - Considered the pre-season A-10 favorite, Saint Louis hasn’t won since playing UMKC in December as their team has been idle due to covid. On the other hand, the Bonnies were a dark horse A-10 candidate and they’ve won their last seven. They’re a very balanced team with five double-digit scorers while junior big Osun Osunniyi is a double-double machine who averages 2.1 blocks a game. With no seniors on their team, 21/22 can be a HUGE year for the Bonnies.

2:30 PM:
#19 Wisconsin @ #12 Illinois - Streamable on Fox Sports: Wisconsin is 2-2 in their last four while Illinois have won their last three. Like Missouri and West Virginia above, Wisconsin is a great defensive team, but is lacking a true lead guard to feel confident going into March. Can fifth-year senior D’Mitrik Trice (13.3 ppg) become that?

3:00 PM:
#6 Texas @ Oklahoma State - ABC: Interesting to see how Texas’s defense responds to Cade Cunningham after he scored 25 against them earlier this season. Texas has a good defense, but Cade is a unique prospect so it’ll be good for them to build confidence against a big guard/wing like Cade.

4 PM:
Pittsburgh @ #14 Virginia - ESPN: A win for Pitt would be huge especially for their offensive confidence. Champagnie has been a revelation (19.3p, 12.2r, 1.3s, 1.4b).

5 PM:
#15 Creighton @ Marquette - Fox: Creighton has quietly played just .500 ball in their last six. A must win game for Marquette if they want a chance of an at-large bid.

6 PM:
Wofford @ Furman - ESPN+: Two of the top-four teams in the SoCon vying for the top spot. Furman junior Mike Bothwell and Wofford’s senior Storm Murphy are their respective team’s lead guards, both averaging over 18 ppg.

North Carolina @ Duke - ESPN: Ever been to a high school reunion and the two pretty mean girls from your grade now look like duds?

7 PM:
Marshall @ Old Dominion - ESPN+: Old Dominion has been a surprise team in the C-USA, 8-4 overall and 4-2 in the conference. Jaylin Hunter’s stats: 4.7p, 2.2r, 1.6a, 0.8s in 19.2 mpg. Marshall is a ton of fun to watch: Taevion Kinsey is their star (19.8p, 6.8r, 3.8s in 37.6 mpg!)

8 PM:
#11 Tennessee @ Kentucky - ESPN: I wonder if Terrance Clarke is playing? :)

Arizona @ Colorado - FS1: Very good Pac-12 matchup: Both offensively strong teams (both top-30 KenPom), so could be a fun, high scoring game. James Akinjo alert: 14.6p, 5.6a, 1.6s, 36 fg%.

UMass @ Rhode Island - ESPN2: Fun intra New England game. UMass is ahead of schedule, going 5-2 in A-10 play so far. Tre Mitchell (20p, 7.4r, 2.2a, 1.1s, 1.3b, 50 fg%, 38 3p%) has been a stud.

8:30PM:
South Dakota @ South Dakota State - ESPN3: Battle of the top-two teams in the Summit. South Dakota senior wing Stanley Umude is their stud (20.5p, 7.3r, 36 3p%) while SDSU sophomore wing Noah Freidel (17.6p, 4.5r, 46.7 3p%) is the Jackrabbits leader. Chance to watch David Wingett, if you’re into that.

10 PM:
#21 UCLA @ USC - ESPN: With their 78th ranked defense and 201th ranked 2p%, I fully expect the Mobleys to destroy UCLA’s weak interior D. Tahj Eaddy alert: 12.6p, 3r, 2.6a in 31 mpg.

Like @ucawn I'm planning on some UConn hockey at 5:00. Need a big win.

I have shuffled my schedule for noon tomorrow. Was planning to go for a nice walk with my wife after the game. But that Kansas vs WVU game may require a different approach

Reaction Score
Seton Hall @ Connecticut, 12:00, FOX -Brian Custer, Jim Spanarkel
Line: Connecticut -2/134.5

DePaul @ Butler, 12:00, FS1 - Alex Faust, Steve Lavin
Line: Butler -4/131.5

St. John's @ Providence, 2:00, FS1 -Eric Collins, Danny Manning
Line: pick/149

15 Creighton @ Marquette, 5:00, FOX - Tim Brando, Nick Bahe
Line: Creighton -4.5/147.5

Reaction Score
“Gradey Dick is not afraid to get his skin burned.”

The color announcer after Sunrise’s Gradey Dick dove for a loose ball. C’mon man...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom