2-3 0-1 | The Boneyard

2-3 0-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From where I sit currently, that - and the boneyard is all I really know about this game. It seems that we had another game going where we fought, competed, and had an opportunity to play for the win late and made too many mistakes, and apparently really dumb ones this time.

I'm glad Bobby apparently showed some fire in public if that's the case. There is nothing wrong with some tough love, and it seems that they'll get it.

Bottom line is that coming on the heels of the last 4 season, at this point in 2015, heading into the meat of the conference schedule, we're, as far as I'm concerned, ahead of the curve. We've beaten two teams that we need to be able to beat without a doubt, and we've lost to 3 teams, that it would have been quite remarkable to have beaten.

Along the way, we've got a team that plays with heart, plays with emotion, and plays to win. We've got a coach, that is clearly coaching with the attitude of aggressiveness and want to - want to beat the opponent - want to win.

The best part of reading the boneyard here now, is finding out that Bobby lit it up after the game in the post game interview. That's good. It means he's not coaching in a development process anymore.

As for the end of the game, hopefully the QB deals with this right in the head, and his teammates support him properly, because they all got to understand that no matter how much you want to make a play, a killer turnover late in the game, is far worse, than failing to advance and get first down and not score points. Putting the D back on the field is way better, unless the clock and scoreboard dictates that you got no other choice.

Realistically, I'm pleased. As a fan and follower. I'm expecting improvement to continue and carry over into the conference season, and I expect to get back over the .500 hump.

Realistically, if it is how it says it was, and I'll watch at some point, nobody in the program should be happy with 2-3, and they probably do deserve some tough love, and they need to get at the grind harder and more dedicated than ever.

So - it's on to the Civil Conflict Trophy game. I can't wait for the post game trophy ceremony.

Reaction Score
In all reality this is year two of the rebuild, and the team is making progress. Sure, the offense didn't look great last night and has struggled, but that is the expectation with a young offensive line and a RS sophomore at QB.

After the PP mess, this team wasn't going to turn into a 10 win team overnight. This is all part of the overall progression, and we are heading in the right direction. Losing sucks, but it's all a part of the process.

We're on to Central Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32