2.29 Bracketology | The Boneyard

2.29 Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We are going to play the 12 v 12 play-in game so the stand alone first game of the tourney gets ratings. I'm calling that now.

Reaction Score
I'd love the Wichita matchup but Mich St would be a nightmare. They are exactly what we aren't. A team full of leaders that hustles and plays hard for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I'd love the Wichita matchup but Mich St would be a nightmare. They are exactly what we aren't. A team full of leaders that hustles and plays hard for 40 minutes.
Why exactly do you love it? Facing a seasoned Wichita team with one of the best PGs in the country would be an absolute nightmare round one matchup IMO. They are much better than the typical 7 seed.

Reaction Score
This is not going to be a 3-bid league. I don't care what the "Bracketologist" says

Agree. 2 at the most.

Why exactly do you love it? Facing a seasoned Wichita team with one of the best PGs in the country would be an absolute nightmare round one matchup IMO. They are much better than the typical 7 seed.

I've seen Wichita play multiple games this year and I'm just not impressed. Yes VanVleet is a top 10 PG but that's all they have. Baker has taken a step back this season and the rest of the team is average at best.

Reaction Score
Basically confirms that if we lose to SMU we are out.
No it doesn't. The NCAAs aren't like the AP Top 25; losing to a Top 25 team on the road doesn't make you drop, it just takes away another opportunity.

Look, I'm not holding my breath for a win there, but it is not a must win. Best UCF, beat Houston in the AAC, and they'll be in.

Reaction Score
The flip side is that if we could somehow beat SMU on the road, then we essentially cancel out what happened yesterday.

My biggest fear is we have to play Cincy in the first round of the American (if Houston beats them we will) in what is essentially an elimination game.

Reaction Score
SMU Thursday is the biggest game since the AAC final last year.
YEP.....with a loss would be 6-10 vs top 100...not very impressive. But crazily we still might be hanging on by a very thin thread as 6 lousy wins vs. top 100, good BPI & Ken Pom compared to the other final teams in / out aren't as horrible by comparison...ie Michigan has 3 top 100 wins / Butler has 5 / Cincy has 6.

But beating SMU would be huge otherwise will be sweating buckets on Selection Sunday without AAC title.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The flip side is that if we could somehow beat SMU on the road, then we essentially cancel out what happened yesterday.

My biggest fear is we have to play Cincy in the first round of the American (if Houston beats them we will) in what is essentially an elimination game.
Agreed, we needed to finish the last four 3-1 to not sweat at all on selection sunday, that can still be done. Being 3-1 against the RPI top 25 is not a bubble team.

Reaction Score
losing to smu will not eliminate us.. SOS goes up regardless which helps RPI. if we beat ucf and win a game in the AAC tourney/don't lose to any bad teams were good

Reaction Score
Basically confirms that if we lose to SMU we are out.

Not necessarily. However, if we lose to SMU and lose first round of the AAC tournament then we are out for sure.

Reaction Score
More info from Lunardi:

Add it all up and we've already filled 59 of 68 chairs at the dance. And, in the unlikely event one of the T.O.P. "locks" drops off the list, it is just as likely that spot (or more) can end up in the hands of a bid stealer.

For all the chatter over these next two weeks -- my own included -- we're really only talking about nine empty seats. As a public service, allow me to group the contenders accordingly:

Probable (5). These teams have a 65 percent T.O.P or better and should make the tournament, provided they suffer "no bad losses" down the stretch: Syracuse, Providence, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Connecticut.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...6963/how-many-spots-available-ncaa-tournament

Reaction Score
More info from Lunardi:

Probable (5). These teams have a 65 percent T.O.P or better and should make the tournament, provided they suffer "no bad losses" down the stretch: Syracuse, Providence, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Connecticut.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...6963/how-many-spots-available-ncaa-tournament
Notice how we are last one listed as "probable"....we will be the first off this list if/when movement occurs....damn we need to beat SMU to alleviate us from this mess.

Reaction Score
Think they need 2 more wins. SMU/UCF or UCF and 1st round win in American tourney. 3 wins and they are 100% lock.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
10 seed vs Dayton in St. Louis with Xavier as the 2. Yummy!

Reaction Score
Notice how we are last one listed as "probable"....we will be the first off this list if/when movement occurs....damn we need to beat SMU to alleviate us from this mess.
I agree I wouldn't want to leave any room for error especially with us being in the AAC and losing to most of the fringe tournament teams in head to head matchups. We need to beat smu, ucf and first game in tourney or otherwise we will be sweating bullets come selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
This is not going to be a 3-bid league. I don't care what the "Bracketologist" says

That's just because Temple is in right now as the auto-bid. Cincinnati and UConn are in the best position for an at-large, but that could obviously change. I wouldn't be shocked if this was only a one bid league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom