2.15 Bracketology | The Boneyard

2.15 Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has us as a nine seed playing Mich. which is the eight seed. Our BPI is 22, Mich. 48, our Rpi is 4 better than Mich. and we beat them head to head but he seeded them higher than us. Makes no sense. I know it doesn't mean much but they are getting paid to put this together and some of his seedlings are just stupid!

Reaction Score
Are you really calling the team seeding of an 8/9 game absurd because Michigan an 8 seed and UConn a 9 seed?

All 8/9 games the seeding is interchangeable. They are basically the same teams

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nice to beat Nova in 2nd rd again

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He has us as a nine seed playing Mich. which is the eight seed. Our BPI is 22, Mich. 48, our Rpi is 4 better than Mich. and we beat them head to head but he seeded them higher than us. Makes no sense. I know it doesn't mean much but they are getting paid to put this together and some of his seedlings are just stupid!

He is doing exactly what he knows the committee would do,

He's recognizing that UConn is a member of the AAC.

I don't know why people don't get that at this point. Grasping that will save you a lot of incredulity on selection Sunday where we are either seeded 2 lines too low, or left out entirely with better metrics than all of the last 4 in. ( God forbid we are a bubble team that day) .

Precedent has been set. We've seen it every year on selection Sunday with the AAC and every week with the polls.

Reaction Score
Are you really calling the team seeding of an 8/9 game absurd because Michigan an 8 seed and UConn a 9 seed?

All 8/9 games the seeding is interchangeable. They are basically the same teams
I think the Lavert injury will factor a lot into Michigan's seeding if they perform very well down the stretch. His first game back they went out and beat Purdue.

Reaction Score
I think the Lavert injury will factor a lot into Michigan's seeding if they perform very well down the stretch. His first game back they went out and beat Purdue.
Although I agree that the Lavert injury will be factored in, he was a complete non factor in that Purdue game.

Reaction Score

I know you're talking about the other games they played without Levert, but of course he did play against UConn, right?

Reaction Score
I know you're talking about the other games they played without Levert, but of course he did play against UConn, right?

Yes. Don't think they had Duncan Robinson for that game, though.

Reaction Score
I'm just gonna say I hate the first 4 it makes the bubble atrocious we have been bad at times and realistically we'd still need to implode to miss the tourney I feel like it's been a soft bubble since they started those games and I don't like it

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Playing Villanova at the Dunk in Providence would not seem to me like a horrible situational matchup for us...but of course, we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
Updated bubble watch:

Connecticut [18-7 (8-4), RPI: 43, SOS: 52] On the one hand, Connecticut led by 13 points at the half, and 20 in the second, on its own floor, yet eventually found itself in a possession-by-possession game down the stretch against Tulsa. On the other hand, the Huskies managed to close it out with a narrow win -- against a team that beat SMU at SMU, for what it's worth -- and avoid a second dire collapse in three days. There are positives and negatives to take from a 75-73 win, and maybe more of the latter. But after seeing the Huskies let a 12-point lead crumble in the final five minutes in a loss at Temple last week, merely getting to the buzzer with a win Saturday means Kevin Ollie's team took some sort of step forward -- if only on paper.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32