1st Practice Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1st Practice Today

Reaction Score
I like aggressive freshmen. Like Nurse. Most freshmen are along for the ride. Nurse picked up an oar and started rowing the boat from day 1. Better an error of commission than one of omission. As long as they are trying to do something positive instead of trying not to make any mistakes I'm happy.
She earned that spot because we lost to Stanford that year very early in the season and Saniya Chong couldn’t play defense. I think it was the end of many UConn streaks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Hardly surprising. Just recalling her Post UConn Commitment Interview. Such a tough minded and serious person.

Reaction Score
When is the Midnight Madness exhibition practice/game for the fans to watch??

Reaction Score
It will interesting to get insights on how well Evina is moving in practice after 2 serious knee surgeries. I'm sure Geno will take it easy on her & not push it early.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Male practice players with masks

it looks to me like Paige is on the floor with Christyn, ONO & Anna. Wonder if this is our core 4 starters with a rotating fifth?? Evina is on the sideline but could just be getting a breather. Is Nika the fifth player on the floor?? Love preseason we get to engage on lineups & get ready for November!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
That’s because they aren’t playing as many games. Silly Geno. :rolleyes: Just trying to stir the pot...
Let me help you stir it faster and harder. Olivia may have realized her new teammate Aaliyah is of the same build, potential, demeanor, and possessing the same skill set as Aliyah ... Aliyah Boston. Competition is a good thing. Iron sharpens iron. I heard that somewhere around Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I think in another year that we'll see a lot of Paige and Nika on the floor at the same time. Paige is comfortable playing off guard or a two point-guard system, and I can see Nika setting some picks and giving and receiving some bruises.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lots of nuggets in the audio of the interviews with Geno, Paige, Anna, and Aaliyah:

BTW, Nika is a sweetheart off the court, but a total Badass on it.

And Aaliyah sounds like Maya Moore to me. Mature way beyond her years.

I was able to connect to Geno's Coaches Corner Podcast but I did not see the student podcasts? By the way, Geno just loves everything about Paige and especially her personality. It is like Diana Reincarnated but with a little more humor I guess.

After signing off his podcast and hearing Paige is up next, he said. Tell Paige I said hi. I will have my people contact her people. Major League kibitzing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and some more

I was hoping this would have included a very funny line on his podcast.

All the players want to shoot the ball That is good and bad. Just last practice, I think I heard 15 times from the players that I can shoot from there. Geno goes. Yes, I know, every one can shoot from there. I can shoot from there but I am looking for a few players who can make it from there. :p:p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom