1st Practice Today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

1st Practice Today

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is a TIK TOK from the Pepperdine University Waves (WCC). I'd like to see the UConn women make THEIR version of one similar.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I disagree strongly with the folks who said that UConn has the #2 class. They recognize Paige is #1, in fact, a rare #1, and Mir is a top 10-20 player, but they didn't know how to handle our international players or Piath, who is a later bloomer. Eric and I agree that Aaliyah is close to a top 5 player and Nika is a top 10-20 player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards is a flat out baller. That much was evident from the first time I saw her in that international tournament last year. Good luck keeping her off the court.

Alot of initial comparisons being made (Geno + Players) to Napheesa with the work ethic, motor, competitiveness, need to impact every play and versatility. Cant help but think how lucky Aliyah is that she has a very tangible target to reach and work towards and you know the coaching staff will be using those comparisons vigorously.

Reaction Score
and Anna (Freshman Class super aggressive and Super Competitive)

The pictures of Anna are impressive, showing a commitment to fitness. Predict that while she is on wing, she will be able to overpower most defenders. If she has to put in time as a "4," will be interesting to see her take the typically slower defender outside and open up the floor, in particular for ONO.

Reaction Score
Predict that while she is on wing, she will be able to overpower most defenders.

I'd prefer she hang outside and drill 3's or feed the post with great fundamental passes or make solid passes along the perimeter. I'd be completely shocked if she has any type of inside game vs a top tier team. I can't wait to see the whole team this year. But until I see - I am also highly skeptical that she is a 4.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mir's what you call a physical specimen. I've seen less of her than any of the freshmen save for PG. Very interested to see what she looks like on the court.
I saw 2 of her high school games. She had the crowd gasping on several rebounds. Her quick leaping is very much like Gabby's. I think she's a better shooter than Gabby was. In terms of Mir's frame, think a lean version of Crystal, but 6" taller with long arms. Mir was a multi-sport star. She may be a little raw as a basketball player, but she'll move up the learning curve fast (Mir is smart--she speaks several languages).

Reaction Score
Is it not great to actually look forward to reading the newspaper, to watching the evening news, or to listen to the radio and read, watch or hear about something other than "Red States and Blue States, Coved19, and what phase we are in? Hopefully we can look forward to this for several of the coming months.

Reaction Score
I saw 2 of her high school games. She had the crowd gasping on several rebounds. Her quick leaping is very much like Gabby's. I think she's a better shooter than Gabby was. In terms of Mir's frame, think a lean version of Crystal, but 6" taller with long arms. Mir was a multi-sport star. She may be a little raw as a basketball player, but she'll move up the learning curve fast (Mir is smart--she speaks several languages).
Mir is one of the more unheralded players that I think is going to be a major contributor to the program.

Reaction Score
six feet taller than Crystal..wow..she must be 11 feet tall...gonna need a bigger uniform.... :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom