1st casualty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1st casualty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So does this leave us with a backup center hiking the ball and a true freshman QB who has never played a down. Can't wait to see the first snap.

"Bullock started eight games at center during the 2012 season and was seeing some early time as the No. 1 center during preseason camp before being injured. Alex Mateas took over the starting role and did not relinquish it. In the last couple of weeks Bullock was being worked into the mix at right guard, spelling starter Gus Cruz."

Reaction Score
Never get why these kids don't use one of the dozens of sober ride services around campus. Think it's embarrassing to call? How embarrassing is it to have your DUI written about in the Courant's sports section? Heck, I once got laid partly because they lady I was taking home from Carriage thought I was "so responsible" for calling. They should assign sober drivers to groups of athletes like they do tutors.
Was the other part of you getting laid because she was drunk also?

Reaction Score
How far fetched would it be to switch a defensive lineman over..say Stephen or somebody with some actual weight and move Hemingway to defense? Maybe not this year but over the winter. What is Knappe's role? He can't block anybody? I don't think I've seen him play a snap yet on defense.

Reaction Score
We r not big time football unless we can sweep stuff like this under the rug
Somehow ESPN thinks this story is so big it's on its main page. Seriously. With MLB playoffs, NFL game, NHL underway and NBA getting ready, they have this on their main page. Man do they hate us.

Reaction Score
And now I scrolled down and saw you linked that tweet. Je vous accuser! You are @NotWardeManuel and you're playing it off ain't ye?
Nope, I'm not nearly that witty.

Reaction Score
Somehow ESPN thinks this story is so big it's on its main page. Seriously. With MLB playoffs, NFL game, NHL underway and NBA getting ready, they have this on their main page. Man do they hate us.
Yes they hate UCONN but I had to go to the NCAAF page to find it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
>>The arrest took place at 12:47 a.m. Thursday on Celeron Square Drive after an officer stopped Bullock for failing to drive right. After being stopped, the 23-year-old Mechanicsburg, Pa. native failed field sobriety tests and was subsequently arrested for DUI, according to the report.<<

Edit add - Court date 10/15/13

Failing to drive right? Failed field sobriety tests? Was his BAC over the legal limit or not? If the answer is "no" or "don't know", not guilty.

Reaction Score
Bye week, light practice schedule, legal drinking age......Nickel Night Anyone??

Just don't drive around campus after having some drinks!!!! Any student/player with any morsel of common sense knows the campus/State police at UConn are Gezpatcho and just looking to pull people over. ESPECIALLY on that road and at this time of night.

Reaction Score
And I have no idea why the website auto corrects g e s t a p o with gespatcho. WTH is that...

Reaction Score
And I have no idea why the website auto corrects g e s t a p o with gespatcho. WTH is that...
It's soup. As someone pointed out to me when it autocorrected me not too long ago.

Reaction Score
It's soup. As someone pointed out to me when it autocorrected me not too long ago.

HA, thanks. I know what gezpatcho is and enjoy eating it.....just curious why g e s t a p o was auto corrected since both are words in the dictionary and it was not auto correcting slang terminology. And to continue the OT post, it auto corrects after the post is submitted, not before which is odd.

Reaction Score
Yes they hate UCONN but I had to go to the NCAAF page to find it.
You should have looked last night. It was in the box on the upper right corner of their site where all the "big" news goes.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Given what happened with Olander, we should reserve judgement at this point. Anyone who has attended UConn knows the reputation of the UConn Police Department.

I would bet the majority of people cannot pass some of the field sobriety tests when they are cold sober at 1pm in the afternoon (you try reciting the alphabet backwards...nevermind while under the pressure of being 'interogated' by the police).

Listen...maybe he was completely drunk and he deserves this...but given the history of the UConn PD and the lack of BAC levels at this point, I think we should reserve judgment.

Reaction Score
Given what happened with Olander, we should reserve judgement at this point. Anyone who has attended UConn knows the reputation of the UConn Police Department.

I would bet the majority of people cannot pass some of the field sobriety tests when they are cold sober at 1pm in the afternoon (you try reciting the alphabet backwards...nevermind while under the pressure of being 'interogated' by the police).

Listen...maybe he was completely drunk and he deserves this...but given the history of the UConn PD and the lack of BAC levels at this point, I think we should reserve judgment.

Yeah. I got pinned to the hood of a UCPD cruiser because I was walking back to Carriage House. Literally walking back. The cop asked us what the hell we were doing walking on this dark road this late at night. My buddy responded with, "Well we got pretty loaded at Ted's and thought this was a better idea than driving. What were we thinking?"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

It's insensitive to Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32