$1M Basketball Tourney | The Boneyard

$1M Basketball Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw this article about a $1M open basketball tourney that has a lot of former NBA players and alums of programs competing. Apparently there is a [mostly] UConn team. Anyone have any idea who's on the roster. This could be a fun tourney to follow, especially with the semis and championship being hosted at Fordham (aka the Basketball Capital of the Bronx*.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...players-shoot-1-million-basketball-tournament

*excluding any other organized or unorgainzed basketball teams

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wasn't Josh Boone in it last year? Might be him and a few guys he's played with.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Josh Boone in it last year? Might be him and a few guys he's played with.
Yup, he was on Team Barstool Sports.

VtCqWbm.jpg

Reaction Score
would be nice to see this for former college football players too... but a different format of course... and not that XFL or AFL crap that flopped...

Reaction Score
PG- Khalid
SG- Ray
SF- Rip
PF- Adrien
C- Okafor

Bench: Rashad, Dyson, AJP, Boone, Hasheem. This team would be a lot of fun to watch and is not way too unrealistic to get together (minus Ray and Rip). I would definitely show up for that and would be great to see them pick apart the sorry exCuse team.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Team Mill Rats: Ater Majok
One Chicago: Darius Smith
The Citi Team: Jerome Dyson
Slam: Josh Boone

There was a Team Connecticut started by Ryan Gomes, but they couldn't get enough votes and were eliminated.

@ktuck911 Devin McCourty (football player) is playing on Reach 1 Teach 1.

Reaction Score
@CTBasketball thanks for this. I started searching through the rosters but the tourney's website was too slow and I gave up. The ESPN article was misleading. I would have loved to see an all (or mostly) UConn team. Would have been a lot of fun to watch.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
By the way, if you guys sign up as fans for the team you think will win, 5% of the payout to the winning team goes to the team's fans. Unique.

Reaction Score
Interesting side story on Josh Boone: I went to a sports broadcasting summer camp in New Jersey a few years back (Bruce Beck and Ian Eagle ran the camp), and the play by play radio announcer from the Nets came in. He said that in his years covering the league, he'd never met someone who hated the game of basketball more than Josh Boone. Any information? I'm too young to remember

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Team Mill Rats: Ater Majok
One Chicago: Darius Smith
The Citi Team: Jerome Dyson
Slam: Josh Boone

There was a Team Connecticut started by Ryan Gomes, but they couldn't get enough votes and were eliminated.

@ktuck911 Devin McCourty (football player) is playing on Reach 1 Teach 1.

I believe Darius Smith was one of the players responsible for our APR banning, after he and Tice quit the team AND quit school leaving in bad academic standing

Hence I don't think of him as a UConn player

although I appreciate the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member