#19 SMU @ Houston- 6pm ESPN2 | The Boneyard

#19 SMU @ Houston- 6pm ESPN2

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Pretty excited for this one to be honest. AAC seems solid at 2 bids right now and if anyone else has a shot at sneaking a third at large it is Houston, who has this home game vs SMU tonight and a game @ Cincinnati left to get a couple quality wins before AACT time. Dotson and Gray are really fun to watch and although SMU won this one by 21 in Dallas the first time these two teams met I have a feeling UH will keep this one within striking distance at home. Anyone else intrigued by this matchup?

Reaction Score
Huge game for Houston. If they win here, and can take 3 of their last 4, they'll likely make it. If they win here, but lose to UConn, and Cincy, they'll need a couple of wins in the tournament to have a chance. Best case scenario would be for them to lose to UConn in the final. That might put 4 teams in.

Reaction Score
We should all want a Houston loss today. We are battling them for 3 seed.
And that's big. Memphis/Houston/UConn are the 3-5, and then there's a pretty big drop off to 6. If we climb into the 3 seed we'll go UCF then Cincy/SMU. That's an easier road than Memphis (likely) and then Cincy/SMU. It just makes the most sense to pull for the easiest bracket and then root for chaos.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston comes out energized- up 10-2 at the first time out

Reaction Score
And that's big. Memphis/Houston/UConn are the 3-5, and then there's a pretty big drop off to 6. If we climb into the 3 seed we'll go UCF then Cincy/SMU. That's an easier road than Memphis (likely) and then Cincy/SMU. It just makes the most sense to pull for the easiest bracket and then root for chaos.

I would rather play Memphis than UCF.

Meanwhile, SMU is showing some chops here. Ojeleye is a handful. They remind me a little bit of that Florida team from '14.

Reaction Score
So we get SMU on 7 days rest while they will be our 4th game in 9 days (middle two on the road). Who makes up these schedules?

Reaction Score
Why?

I just think they're better, plus we've already beaten them twice and had to fend off a late rally in Orlando. I think KO cracked the Memphis riddle in the second half on Thursday - they're a limited offensive team and they don't have nearly the same length UCF does on the other end.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
UCF scares me because it's tough to beat good teams 3x.
If Fall isn't in early foul trouble that last game plays out very differently. MUCH rather play Memphis again.

Reaction Score
I would rather play Memphis than UCF.

Meanwhile, SMU is showing some chops here. Ojeleye is a handful. They remind me a little bit of that Florida team from '14.

Keep in mind though that if we get the three seed we would be playing a team (probably UCF) that played the day before and is probably a little tired. If we're the four seed we play the five seed in our first game who also has a bye and is fresh.

Also there's a slim chance that USF could beat the sixth seed and getting the opportunity to play them for a chance at the semis would be huge

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Sort of related: Seems like the Cincinnati/SMU tie-breaker (if both 17-1) will come down to who finishes higher between UCF and Memphis. At least it beats the stupid coin flip thing we had were we won the coin flip but got the worse draw having to play UConn (or Memphis in their home arena). I know somehow someway we are going to be on the same side of the bracket and will not be able to meet in the Finals. It's only right.

Reaction Score
Sort of related: Seems like the Cincinnati/SMU tie-breaker (if both 17-1) will come down to who finishes higher between UCF and Memphis. At least it beats the stupid coin flip thing we had were we won the coin flip but got the worse draw having to play UConn (or Memphis in their home arena). I know somehow someway we are going to be on the same side of the bracket and will not be able to meet in the Finals. It's only right.
Do you know what the tiebreakers are? Guessing head to head is first but what comes after that?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Do you know what the tiebreakers are? Guessing head to head is first but what comes after that?
I think the tiebreaker after head-to-head is record versus the top teams in the conference. So you start with #1 and compare records between the two teams until you find the better record. The key is they consider 2-0 better than 1-0.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom