17 minutes, no points, no rebounds, 2 fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
can one be less productive? that's just messed up

maybe Ollie should call a hypnotist, certainly can't hurt

or maybe Lubin gets more minutes, God knows he 's more productive and more efficient across the boards

Nolan seems to have perfected one thing, the flop, which is not how we play D anyhow.

Has he had one productive game this year? Besides maybe taking three flops?

willie99

Reaction Score
This guy is making us miss TO

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I just found it odd that he was blocked twice on layups once by a guard. Someone talked about Phil having an injured foot? Who knows but at this point he certainly has regressed

willie99

Reaction Score
I just found it odd that he was blocked twice on layups once by a guard. Someone talked about Phil having an injured foot? Who knows but at this point he certainly has regressed

that would make a difference, maybe he should rest that foot

just like Manning last week, unknown injuries can impact performance significantly

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Michigan State's star forward struggled early in the season while suffering with plantar fasciitis, but two rounds before playing us he scored 40 and ending up a first round pick. I don't expect Phil to come anywhere close to that but if he can get back to 4 pts (50% shooting) and 2 rebounds per game (consistently boxing out) he could be an important piece of the puzzle. I've gotta think his struggles are both mental and physical at this point.

Reaction Score
4 and 4 in 23 minutes while playing pretty bad defense from our starting PF is impacting a lot too. Let's not throw this one all on a thread for Phil, although he just can't finish can he?

Reaction Score
4 and 4 in 23 minutes while playing pretty bad defense from our starting PF is impacting a lot too. Let's not throw this one all on a thread for Phil, although he just can't finish can he?
Yeah Facey has by and large been getting a pass but has been near invisible lately.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Facey spent quite a bit of time as the 5 last night and they still do not run any plays for him which I also find odd so he gets a pass from me

Reaction Score
Facey spent quite a bit of time as the 5 last night and they still do not run any plays for him which I also find odd so he gets a pass from me

No passes - 6'9" and athletic make some plays, don't miss lay ups an play defense. Does he get a pass on defense because they don't run pays for him? He's no better than Phil because at least phil is on the right place on D. No expectations from Phil to rebound, Facey on the other hand should get 8-10 is he's playing 23 minutes. No passes for him or anyone. Time to man up. No more "he's still young" BS

Reaction Score
basketball is supposed to be fun

i only played because i had a blast jivin wit team buds and luved to shock highly favored opponents wit dee rainmaker from de rafters and or the deadly and i meen very very deadly bank shot that opponent learned very beri quickly to cover or dies

nobody cared if i played or croaked cause it was military leagues but i didnt care if i played or croaked; i had a ball and more fun at post game parties for sure surely

now lesson 101: do yo thinks current sledteam have fun stuff or fun times?

answer:consult motion picture "CHappie" to be released on world this March on

Reaction Score
This team doesnt utilize their bigs enough. They play primarily a perimeter game. Granted their PF's and C's aren't too talented, making a few more post entry passes would certainly help in having a more balaneed and less predictable offensive attack

Reaction Score
Our bigs just aren't playing big. And Tsam is a questionable ball handler. As is ScJr.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
No passes - 6'9" and athletic make some plays, don't miss lay ups an play defense. Does he get a pass on defense because they don't run pays for him? He's no better than Phil because at least phil is on the right place on D. No expectations from Phil to rebound, Facey on the other hand should get 8-10 is he's playing 23 minutes. No passes for him or anyone. Time to man up. No more "he's still young" BS
Geez I guess our fans aren't "soft"

Reaction Score
Yes. let's blame our back-up big man when our future lottery pick center is ave 4.3 pts 3.5 reb 2.3 bl and 3.7 fouls in our 6 non conference games against real teams this year.

Reaction Score
Guys the fact is we don't have quality bigs right now. That's a fact. If you can't stay on the floor that's a problem. And his reputation is proceeding him now (Brimah), to the point that refs are anticipating him fouling. And when you see him just flinging his arms all over the place it looks at best awkward if not a foul. He doesn't know how to fight for position or isn't strong enough to use his lower body to push on the block.

Then 30 seconds in here comes Phil. Who can fight better for position but can't jump and is always out of position or just doesn't rebound.

And Facey has had a couple bad games now. I don't want to speculate but hope he starts going after the ball and knocking down point blank layups whether being contested or not.

Guys this is major college basketball you have to make bunnies even if they are contested.

Reaction Score
Sorry I don't think we need more Nolan threads. If he's invisible then they Yard should concur and focus elsewhere. Ollie needs
answer:consult motion picture "CHappie" to be released on world this March on

Isn't that the thing from outer space? Ahh thanks, that helps me understand.

Reaction Score
Geez I guess our fans aren't "soft"

Sorry Ed but they are. How can anyone give Facey a pass at this point? He has shown he can thrown 12 and 8 up most any time but all the games we need as of late he really has not stepped up. Do we forget what it says on the chest of his uni? Or do we say "wow what an improvement from his freshman year from 2 and 1 to 6 and 6"? No he should be 8 and 8 at the very least and really has the ability for more than that. He needs to get tougher and smarter, he's been a Husky for almost 2 years now I don't believe champions give passes. And by the way I am not singling him out, there's plenty who should be adding more to their games as we speak.

H

huskymagic

Sorry Ed but they are. How can anyone give Facey a pass at this point? He has shown he can thrown 12 and 8 up most any time but all the games we need as of late he really has not stepped up. Do we forget what it says on the chest of his uni? Or do we say "wow what an improvement from his freshman year from 2 and 1 to 6 and 6"? No he should be 8 and 8 at the very least and really has the ability for more than that. He needs to get tougher and smarter, he's been a Husky for almost 2 years now I don't believe champions give passes. And by the way I am not singling him out, there's plenty who should be adding more to their games as we speak.

Mauconn great post. Too many kool aiders on the boneyard thinking everything is merry. Games like this on national tv only lead to us becoming irrelevant and out of the spotlight stuck in a mediocre conference that were not even able to dominate. Phil Nolan while horrendously bad and not a D1 player is not the reason we lost. Facey has been invisible last 4 or 5 games and is not acceptable for an athletic big who has shown good potential and finishing abiltiy around the basket. Kevin Ollie playing Nolan 17 minutes is the bigger crime when Rakim Lubin as I have been saying for a while that he needs to play as he is 100% percent a better player and only big man with basketball IQ on the court. Rakim Lubin deserves to start next game if Kentan doesn't get his act together.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We Kool Aders don't make a whole hell of a lot of difference about how our team plays. But I like Facey's game and I think he is rounding it out nicely. By years end he will be a nice double double IF we decide to run somewthing for him

willie99

Reaction Score

oh, I'm in no way whatsoever blaming Phil for the loss, I'm just saying he's not helping us at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom