16 treys and Jackson had none. | The Boneyard

16 treys and Jackson had none.

Reaction Score
Whodathunkit? Jackson still had 7 boards and 3 steals, so he contributed. The fouls slowed him down. But he didn't force anything. He let the game come to him and when it didn't he just helped his teammates. That's is a mature thing for a freshman.

But who on earth would think we could score 97 points and Jackson get a goose egg? That's actually a very good sign. Some guys are up when other are down. That is the team concept. Enjoyed the game thoroughly.

Reaction Score
Whodathunkit? Jackson still had 7 boards and 3 steals, so he contributed. The fouls slowed him down. But he didn't force anything. He let the game come to him and when it didn't he just helped his teammates. That's is a mature thing for a freshman.

But who on earth would think we could score 97 points and Jackson get a goose egg? That's actually a very good sign. Some guys are up when other are down. That is the team concept. Enjoyed the game thoroughly.
Yeah he rebounded well and was active on defense. A little too much. LOL!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't think it was/is a good sign at all
VJ has stopped looking for his shot.
I know he was in foul trouble but in the start he was passing up open looks
He is too important to this team this season to fade on the offense
VJ has to wake up and be thinking score

Reaction Score
Jackson had the undisputed play of the game when he dove into the stands to save a pass going out of bounds while we were up 40 points. That's UConn basketball and the stuff coaches recognize.

He also laid there for a while then did a few push-ups. Ref thought he was hurt and called the under 12 time out!

Not sure Ollie will be so pleased about that part :p

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd rather our players not dive into the stands up 40, but I respect it. It's the stuff champions are made of.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was/is a good sign at all
VJ has stopped looking for his shot.
I know he was in foul trouble but in the start he was passing up open looks
He is too important to this team this season to fade on the offense
VJ has to wake up and be thinking score
I don't agree. He did lay off some shots but if I believe it was early in the shot clock. Rather than throw up an early three he stayed inside the framework of the offense. I thought he played smart on offense.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He and Rodney both drove towards the hoop and kicked it out even though they easily could have gotten all the way to the rim, but I ain't complaining about anything about that game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like the boards and steals when his shot isn't falling and/or he isn't taking shots.

He needs to show he can be valuable for 25 mpg next year regardless of his shooting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
After his back to back ROW weeks he's completely stopped looking for his shot. Kinda disappointing.

Reaction Score
This is fine. How many games this year did we get blown out and have the one consolation of "Well Vance really showed us something tonight. The one bright spot for us." We already know what he is capable of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom