Men - #15 UConn v. Villanova Wildcats @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 4/22/22 @6:05p (Free), Sat. 4/23/22 @2:05p & Sun. 4/24/22 @1:05p) All games on FloSports/Mixlr. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men #15 UConn v. Villanova Wildcats @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 4/22/22 @6:05p (Free), Sat. 4/23/22 @2:05p & Sun. 4/24/22 @1:05p) All games on FloSports/Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not every team in the Big East is absolutely awful. UConn just happened to play 2 of the worst teams in the Big East this season to open up weekend play in the conference. I expect that the roller coaster ride of UConn's offense will come back up again, but I am certainly willing to give Villanova some credit for UConn's offensive problems this weekend. The important thing is UConn was able to take the weekend series, which is certainly the goal of every UConn baseball weekend. Being baseball, I just don't get overly disappointed if UConn wins a weekend series but doesn't sweep it.

Funny game today. Villanova had the better scoring chances early in the game, UConn the better scoring chances later in the game. Until the 9th inning when UConn walked off with the win, the game was oddly balanced in that way.

Also, liked what I saw of Brady Afthim and Brendan O'Donnell today out of the bullpen. They are both looking more and more like bullpen mainstays. O'Donnell in particular had a bit of a slow start of the season, but he has been showing in his recent appearances why the Cape Cod League has shown an interest in him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> Game Notes
  • Casey Dana has 12 RBI from the 7th inning-on this season.
  • The Huskies have won nine-straight home series against Villanova.
  • Sunday's walk-off was the first of the season for the Huskies.
  • The Huskies are 5-0 this season when tied after eight innings this season.
  • Sunday was the first time the Huskies won this year when they scored two runs or fewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom