Men - #15 UConn @ Boston College Eagles (Wednesday 4/19/22 @ Harrington Athletics Village @5:30p on ACCN) | The Boneyard

Men #15 UConn @ Boston College Eagles (Wednesday 4/19/22 @ Harrington Athletics Village @5:30p on ACCN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eddie Pellagrini Diamond at Harrington Athletics Village
Capacity: 1,000
Playing Surface: AstroTurf
Dimensions:
LF-330,
LC-375
CF-403
RC-375
RF-330

Reaction Score
During broadcast of the Northeastern game, Chris Jones said he had no idea who was going to get the starting pitching assignment against BC. He did guess that it might be Garrett Coe.

Reaction Score
No question, most individual UConn pitchers have been inconsistent and up and down all season. Yesterday UConn quickly fell behind in the game, and because of the deficit the coaching staff pretty much made the decision early on not to go with any of the main guys out of the bullpen, with the exception of Devin Kirby. Suspect it will be pretty much be a staff day today (guessing Garrett Coe will get the start and will quickly come out if he is ineffective) and that that mainstays of the bullpen will get into the game, unless it happens to be another blowout. As usual, we'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
No question, most individual UConn pitchers have been inconsistent and up and down all season. Yesterday UConn quickly fell behind in the game, and because of the deficit the coaching staff pretty much made the decision early on not to go with any of the main guys out of the bullpen, with the exception of Devin Kirby. Suspect it will be pretty much be a staff day today (guessing Garrett Coe will get the start and will quickly come out if he is ineffective) and that that mainstays of the bullpen will get into the game, unless it happens to be another blowout. As usual, we'll see what happens.
Bullpen mainstays? That's part of the problem. Willis and Kirby haven't come near what they were last year, and other than Fogell we have been unable to count on anyone for consistency.

Unless Cooke is ready I expect it to be Coe. (If Cooke is ready I'd rather he pitch today and sit this weekend than be saved for Georgetown.) They need at least 3 decent innings if we want to have a chance to win.

Reaction Score
Bullpen mainstays? That's part of the problem. Willis and Kirby haven't come near what they were last year, and other than Fogell we have been unable to count on anyone for consistency.

Unless Cooke is ready I expect it to be Coe. (If Cooke is ready I'd rather he pitch today and sit this weekend than be saved for Georgetown.) They need at least 3 decent innings if we want to have a chance to win.
If Cookie is ready I think that would be a good idea to start him. He's had success against BC also. Then can go Sears, Sully, etc against G'Town. But my guess is he's not ready.

Reaction Score
Who put this schedule together? 5 tough games in six days.

I jumped in late yesterday. I think Northeastern brought their Friday guy.

Reaction Score

It will be interesting to see how long Coe stays in the game. Expect it to be a bit of a staff game, but UConn could certainly use some good innings from the starting pitcher.

Chris Jones just said that he is expecting a staff game from both sides.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, UConn offense with a scoreless inning after a 2 out walk, no score.

Reaction Score
Top 2nd, UConn offense puts 2 runners in scoring position with 1 out. Garbowski with a 1 out single driving in a run, 1-0 UConn with runners on the corners. That's it for the UConn offense that inning.

Reaction Score
Top 3rd, UConn gets 2 runners on base with walks. Broadhurst comes up with a 1 out RBI single, 2-0 UConn. Pitching change.

Tammaro with a 2 out infield single to load the bases, but that is it for that inning for the UConn offense. 2-0 UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 3rd, BC with 2 no out singles to lead off the inning. A 1 out hit by pitch loads the bases. A 1 out single drives in a run, but a runner is thrown out on the bases for the 2nd out, 2 runners in scoring position. 2-1 UConn.

Coe coming out of the game, M. Quigley takes the mound.

M. Quigley gives up a walk to load the bases with 2 outs. A fly out ends the inning, 2-1 UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 4th, Padilla with a leadoff solo homer, 3-1 UConn. After 1 out, UConn gets a runner on base with singles. Studley follows with a 1 out double to drive in a run, 4-1 UConn. Broadhurst gets an RBI on a ground out for the 2nd out, 5-1 UConn. Huskies leave 2 runners on base, but it ends up being a nice rally for the Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coe remains hittable but wasnt awful, and Quiggers put out a potential fire. We want as many amenities as possible.

Coe pitched pretty well the first 2 innings. That for me counts for something, considering he generally has had a rough time of it this season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Coe remains hittable but wasnt awful, and Quiggers put out a potential fire. We want as many amenities as possible.
DF60AE57-7AA2-439E-B58B-2FF46B79E3D2.jpeg

Reaction Score
Bottom 4th, M. Quigley with a scoreless shutdown inning, 5-1 UConn.

Looking like we are going to be seeing a lot more of Mike Quigley out of the bullpen in tight situations as the season moves along now, after not getting much action until recently. As long as he maintains his control, the coaching staff really likes his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom