15 things (not brought to you by GEICO) | The Boneyard

15 things (not brought to you by GEICO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Game actually was competitive for a lot longer than I thought it would be.
2. Tailgating was great. If only the program was improving as much as the Rent tailgating experience
3. More people at game that I would have guessed.Temp stands look nice and serve (probably uninteded) purpose of getting people in the seats. Next week should be insane.
4 Happy for the 8pm start next Sat hope weather is the same/better. Can get a lot done during the day. Better enjoy it because it might be the last Saturday night game for a long, long time.
5. Many more player brain farts than coaching errors Saturday. If PP was responsible for 100 percent of Town-son, that was cut by at least a third Saturday.
6. That said, could you imagine Jim Calhoun passively allowing the players who committed said brain farts to return to the bench without a talking to? I'm sure Calhoun had a befuddled look on the sideline sometime at UConn, I just can't remember it. PP wears it the whole game.
7. It's almost unanimous that people think PP is a decent guy and good family man who at this stage of his career would probably be a competent No. 2. The people who brought him here should be ashamed of themselves for putting him in this position.
8. Guess those 4 ints Chandler threw in his last JC game should have been a red flag, eh?
9. Absolutely stunning how the defense has fallen so far so fast and regressed into a completely opposite persona than last year. Knew Don Brown leaving would have an impact but not this devastating.Heard a discussion on NFL Network last week about how a certain bad defense was known throughout the league for not moving around after they got set. Guess HH following that model. Blitz has turned into be a four letter word. Sure seemed on Ashiru's 17-yard tackle for loss he said screw it and called his own number.
10. 34 yards rushing Saturday, 10 sacks allowed in two games. GDL makes $272K a year.
11.When a UConn loss is all but certain, can we forego the "Great UConn play of the game" on the video board in the fourth quarter and in the post-game radio show?
11a. Can we stop couching postgame radio questions as if the stats were more important the score?
12. Can we put game time/play clock/down/distance/score on the ribbon boards between ads?
13. "UConn has called a press conference to announce . . . " or " (XXXXX) is out as UConn's () coach. The school just released a short statement announcing the move" will be uttered on the news sometime this season. PP obviously leads the list, but don't count out GDL or HH. Odds: 30-1 by end of September; 20-1 by mid-October, 15-1 in November and of course even money by Dec. 8.
14. The PP/TJ friction rumor is very believable. Just don't count on the Horde being inquisitive about that one, either.
15. That push-the-pile TD brought back memories of Andre Dixon's TD to beat Louisville in 2007. Good times

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
#14 I think he's pissed( TJ that is) cuz the headset gets unplugged mysteriously all the time.

Reaction Score
#11 - Couldn't agree more ... The UCONN "Precision Pass of the Game" was a 16 yard screen pass. This is so freakin' embarassing.

Reaction Score
Could be worse: Ulbrich could be sponsoring the "Precision Run of the Game"....or perhaps the "Precision Coaching Decision of the Game".....

Reaction Score
#6- I could not believe Cole Wagner was allowed to walk off the field repeatedly after lousey punts and no one from the staff went over to rip him a new one as he is a good punter and better than that, get your act together! Really, just strolled to the bench area, no one talks to him.
Also did not see Coach Foley on the sideline. Only GDL in front of the offense's bench area. No other coach there.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Wagner was coached not to kick to diggs or the other punt returner, which in turned into muffed punts. He was terrible last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom