15-11 | The Boneyard

15-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is our Big East record against those powerful football schools, Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt. All that history and tradition and the upstarts won more than they lost against them. The real reason Pitt and SU fans don't want us in the ACC, because they know it will not get better for them there.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
#FifteenAndEleven http://Post original url/TiUXFw

Come on Twitter tweeps let's make this trend! (the url is a shortlink back to this thread)

Reaction Score
We are the State University in one of the most affluent states in the country. The legislature has never been shy about helping UConn elevate itself. The governor has made it clear that he sees UConn playing a pivotal role in turning around the states economy. This is a first rate university all the way around.

And 15-11.

Reaction Score
Guys, this isn't anything to write home about
Why not? None of those supposed football schools owned a winning record against us in Big East play. Remember, we were the ones that were going to take 20 years to catch up to them. Baloney we more than held our own.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why not? None of those supposed football schools owned a winning record against us in Big East play. Remember, we were the ones that were going to take 20 years to catch up to them. Baloney we more than held our own.

I get the sentiment, but first class programs don't storm the court/field. That's what this sounds like. Those who feel the need to crow about accomplishments will be the ones left out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's not crowing. It's serving up crow (to the UL fanbase). This is not a good season for UConn football, but that does not put UL heads and shoulders above UConn to be invited to the ACC which is the hype /propaganda being pushed. And their fans and some in the media are buying it.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Look Ville's propaganda campaign has gotten to the point where they are an even bet to go ACC before us. All this silence on our side may backfire. I sure hope not, but no need for us to be quiet on the boards. THAT 15-11!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
It's not crowing. It's serving up crow (to the UL fanbase). This is not a good season for UConn football, but that does not put UL heads and shoulders above UConn to be invited to the ACC which is the hype /propaganda being pushed. And their fans and some in the media are buying it.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
Serving up crow is crowing

Reaction Score
Serving up crow is crowing

Ok, I guess every fan should check with you first to see when it is appropriate to be proud of something our teams did.

I guess we are supposed to sit politely and sip tea to celebrate beating a program that was made out to be the Alabama Crimson Tide in comparison to ours.

Reaction Score
Ok, I guess every fan should check with you first to see when it is appropriate to be proud of something our teams did.

I guess we are supposed to sit politely and sip tea to celebrate beating a program that was made out to be the Alabama Crimson Tide in comparison to ours.
That's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is not to be proud of being 15-11 against mediocre teams. If we were 19-7 or 21-5 that would be impressive. Thing is these teams have been mediocre for the past decade, sure there have been glimpses from all of them but they're not UF, Bama, USC or even Nd or FSU. They're Cuse, Pitt and Ville...they're not god, we know that

Reaction Score
That's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is not to be proud of being 15-11 against mediocre teams. If we were 19-7 or 21-5 that would be impressive. Thing is these teams have been mediocre for the past decade, sure there have been glimpses from all of them but they're not UF, Bama, USC or even Nd or FSU. They're Cuse, Pitt and Ville...they're not god, we know that

Newsflash. We are a mediocre program. One that's been playing D1 football for 1 decade. We can be proud of whatever the hell we want to be proud of. And if you expect to have a 21-5 record against anyone at this point other than Buffalo and the Mac you better buy yourself some perspective real damn fast. But thanks for letting me know Pitt, Cuse, and Ville are not USC, Alabama, and Florida. With knowledge being dropped like that around here, someone is bound to get hurt.

Reaction Score
Newsflash. We are a mediocre program. One that's been playing D1 football for 1 decade. We can be proud of whatever the hell we want to be proud of. And if you expect to have a 21-5 record against anyone at this point other than Buffalo and the Mac you better buy yourself some perspective real damn fast. But thanks for letting me know Pitt, Cuse, and Ville are not USC, Alabama, and Florida. With knowledge being dropped like that around here, someone is bound to get hurt.
Continue to strive for mediocrity, it will get you far in life.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I had the same feeling initially, however, in this context it has a purpose. Our football program has been slaughtered in the press this week as under performing and undeserving of an ACC bid afforded cuse, Pitt and now Louisville. I think it's valuable to point out we have a significant advantage in winning percentage against them to illustrate their misconception.

Reaction Score
CAHUSKY good job. We've made out to be as bad Indiana or Colorado or worse. The three schools mentioned, are supposedly superior programs to ours, yet collectively they went four games under.500, agAinst us in big east play. Haters can suck it, 15-11, .

Reaction Score
UC99, a little perspective please. A decade ago as you allude to we were beginning our fbs transition and were being told it would take us 20 years just to not get our brains bashed in. In that context 15-11, is damn impressive.

Reaction Score

So a realistic view of the program means you're striving for mediocrity but expecting 21-5 recorrds against these teams is being unrealistic? I want them to winevery game they play but it just is not going to happen. when they rant and rave how much better they are than us if we own a better record than them it should absolutely be pointed out, i could care less if it was by one game better!

Reaction Score
Ummm, lets not play the Mac card. I have a feeling it won't be 21-5, and won't be something to impress the acc.

Reaction Score
Look Ville's propaganda campaign has gotten to the point where they are an even bet to go ACC before us. All this silence on our side may backfire. I sure hope not, but no need for us to be quiet on the boards. THAT 15-11!!!!!!!!!!

An even bet? #analyzeharder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01