#14 Middle Tennessee vs #3 Tennessee - 3/21/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#14 Middle Tennessee vs #3 Tennessee - 3/21/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Did she not play AAU or USA basketball? Seems like that would've shown her there were other good players out there.
Yes she did both. So what? Her arrogance only needed intermittent reinforcement. Just read her quotes from her senior HS year and you'll get the picture.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Lots of good matchups on Tuesday. Michigan/Tennessee, Iowa/Kentucky, Baylor/VaTech, NC State/OK State.

Reaction Score
Not so far this year. Or any year since she's been at MTSU for that matter. @CocoHusky called her an object lesson on how not to conduct yourself as a scholarship athlete. He had a bit of sympathy for her and wished her well in her life after BB. I too wish her well, but have little sympathy for her. At every step she's arrogantly undermined her life and career, while at every step she was told she was doing so. From the moment she signed her LOI at Maryland I said I wanted to be a fly on the wall at her first practice when she realized that not only was she not the best player in WCBB, she wasn't even the best player in the gym. At no point in her life did she take diet and conditioning seriously. Worse, she never understood the benefits of practice and working on her skills. To me she is one of the singular wastes of BB talent I've ever seen in WCBB.
She also had committed to Maryland? I thought she was at Texas before going JUCO?
Did she not play AAU or USA basketball? Seems like that would've shown her there were other good players out there.
You'd think so, but I don't think it should be assumed that this means they'll be a top tier player in college.

I'd use Eternati Willock as an example here. Was also ESPN ranked, played for Canada internationally and earned BIG12 All-Freshman honours in her first season at Kansas State. Got dismissed from the team and has bounced around, similar to Boothe.

There's more than just talent and rankings that gets these players to where they are. We also don't know all of the background going on with their lives personally. Maybe they realized, they weren't as "all in" for the sport than they thought. I just hope that their lives are successful in the long term, regardless what they do.

Reaction Score
She also had committed to Maryland? I thought she was at Texas before going JUCO?

You'd think so, but I don't think it should be assumed that this means they'll be a top tier player in college.

I'd use Eternati Willock as an example here. Was also ESPN ranked, played for Canada internationally and earned BIG12 All-Freshman honours in her first season at Kansas State. Got dismissed from the team and has bounced around, similar to Boothe.

There's more than just talent and rankings that gets these players to where they are. We also don't know all of the background going on with their lives personally. Maybe they realized, they weren't as "all in" for the sport than they thought. I just hope that their lives are successful in the long term, regardless what they do.
I thought it was Texas as well . Maryland is new news , either way best wishes to Rellah !

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Sorry and I apologize to all. I meant Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom