#13 UConn v. UMass Minuteman (Friday 1/20/23 @7p @Mullins Center & Saturday 1/21/23 @4:35 @Toscano) Both games are on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#13 UConn v. UMass Minuteman (Friday 1/20/23 @7p @Mullins Center & Saturday 1/21/23 @4:35 @Toscano) Both games are on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They sell beer, etc, at the new place?
Yes.

That was a fun one. Nice sweep and to get some revenge and the 1st win against UMass is sweet. Those goals were amazing. The 2691 was a little better today. Students filled the benches and the seats seemed to have a little more butts in em. Still too quiet for my taste. Still early, but we as a crowd need to step up and make the atmosphere

Reaction Score
That’s because suits bought the seats. Give it a bit until it isn’t a new THING and regular fans can get in and it will be loud.

Reaction Score
I just listened to coach cav's post game comments, and he said the crowd was loud! I didn't think so either.
I agree. I mean we’re so used to our 3-4k @ XL , and that’s only 1k more in a huge arena. I think either the horn is too loud or they gotta turn down music/PA.

Reaction Score
I agree. I mean we’re so used to our 3-4k @ XL , and that’s only 1k more in a huge arena. I think either the horn is too loud or they gotta turn down music/PA.
Yes! We're not there to listen to the PA. At least he stopped the morgue-like announcement of the opponents goal. He must read the Boneyard. More pep band.

Reaction Score
I don’t get that the place isn’t loud. It seems loud to me.
I think if we’re gonna complain about the crowd we should be complaining about people not staying til the end because they want to beat the traffic. I mean respect the kids and give them a hand after a win.
But noise? I don’t see the problem.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As I watch the G-men get creamed I ask myself “Would you trade 2 wins against UMass for a win against the Eagles”? The answer…”Not in a New York minute.” Go UConn!

Reaction Score
I don’t get that the place isn’t loud. It seems loud to me.
I think if we’re gonna complain about the crowd we should be complaining about people not staying til the end because they want to beat the traffic. I mean respect the kids and give them a hand after a win.
But noise? I don’t see the problem.
I agree man. I saw people leaving way too early. Again, place was 1/2 empty by the end. Better not become a habit.

Notice lots of away fans end up getting seats. Wat up wit that? Who be sellin?

I see lots of familiar faces, but also new ones. Those are the ones leaving and keeping it quiet. I do gotta admit XL and Toscano, we as fans don’t do much cheering mid game and I think that’s my noise complaint. Pep band seems better and students are trying LGH. 1st game it was LGUConn, which was weird. Little kids do that. IDK, I agree on the new factor and may get better next season. Who knows, priority point system may make it worse.

Reaction Score
I agree man. I saw people leaving way too early. Again, place was 1/2 empty by the end. Better not become a habit.

I see lots of familiar faces, but also new ones. Those are the ones leaving and keeping it quiet. I do gotta admit XL and Toscano, we as fans don’t do much cheering mid game and I think that’s my noise complaint. Pep band seems better and students are trying LGH. 1st game it was LGUConn, which was weird. Little kids do that. IDK, I agree on the new factor and may get better next season. Who knows, priority point system may make it worse.

1st game was LG UConn because the opponent that game were also the ”Huskies“. That was the right move.

The crowd needs to be more engaged. At the very least cheer when puck is cleared on a PK and stand after a good pk kill. More noise on a key face off too. it’s like half the crowd there had never been to a hockey game before.

Welp, for the first time outside the HE opener #IceBus tickets have value, so I don’t blame those who can’t make it to post them up on StubHub or secondary markets…

Reaction Score
As far as the hockey was concerned, Capone finally had a good game… made some nice passes to Bradley that didn’t cash in, tied the game with a nice wrister, took out the UMass Captain with a clean hit, and stayed out of the box - he also didn’t get in the way of his line mates, which sounds silly but seemed to be the case when Tverberg was added. So his role was perfect yesterday…

UMass is reeling from injuries and it showed on the ice. Apparently UConn felt sorry for them and decided to spot them one at the very beginning. ;)

Reaction Score

Visiting teams are allotted a certain number of tickets for players and coaches.

Reaction Score
1st game was LG UConn because the opponent that game were also the ”Huskies“. That was the right move.

The crowd needs to be more engaged. At the very least cheer when puck is cleared on a PK and stand after a good pk kill. More noise on a key face off too. it’s like half the crowd there had never been to a hockey game before.

Welp, for the first time outside the HE opener #IceBus tickets have value, so I don’t blame those who can’t make it to post them up on StubHub or secondary markets…
or the Ticket Exchange at face

Reaction Score
My friend, who played at Notre Dame and spent two years with the Indianapolis Racers (Wayne Gretsky's linemate!) knows hockey. He was so impressed with UConn's complete game he said they look like a "top five" team. High praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom