Men - #13 UConn v. Northeastern University Huskies (Tuesday 5/10/22 @ Elliot Ballpark @6:05p). Game on FloSports/Mixlr | The Boneyard

Men #13 UConn v. Northeastern University Huskies (Tuesday 5/10/22 @ Elliot Ballpark @6:05p). Game on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

-> Northeastern travels to Ellliot Ballpark for the first time in program history with the last meeting in Storrs coming in 2019. UConn leads the all-time series 59-19-1.

UConn registered a come-from-behind win at Northeastern on April 26 with a pair of runs in the seventh and three runs in the 10th inning to win 5-2.<-

UConn RPI @ 35
Northeastern RPI is sitting @ 135

Reaction Score
I assume Chudoba gets the ball to start tonight. The only other first line pitcher who didn't throw at all over the weekend was Afton.

We haven't seen any of Alejandro, Quinn, McBride and Favieri in a long time, and each of them "was disappeared" coming off poor performances. I'm interested in seeing if any of them get a chance to rehab themselves tonight, especially if we have a comfortable lead, or if they are simply not part of the plans going forward unless we run out of arms during a tournament.

Reaction Score
I assume Chudoba gets the ball to start tonight. The only other first line pitcher who didn't throw at all over the weekend was Afton.

We haven't seen any of Alejandro, Quinn, McBride and Favieri in a long time, and each of them "was disappeared" coming off poor performances. I'm interested in seeing if any of them get a chance to rehab themselves tonight, especially if we have a comfortable lead, or if they are simply not part of the plans going forward unless we run out of arms during a tournament.

From what I recall, Chris Jones has mentioned McBride has some sort of a leg injury. He came out hurt in the last game he pitched.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If we are big enough, I wonder if Chang gets another chance to impress. Of all the guys that haven't been featured, he would be the next one added to the list in the NCAA tournament I would think if the game is a blowout and we need to save the arms.

Reaction Score
If we are big enough, I wonder if Chang gets another chance to impress. Of all the guys that haven't been featured, he would be the next one added to the list in the NCAA tournament I would think if the game is a blowout and we need to save the arms.
I think he is going to Wang chung tonight being called Chang.

Reaction Score

Yes, I would agree on your assumption that Chudoba is likely to get the start tonight. We'll see what happens.

As mentioned before, I believe McBride has a leg injury. Of the other 3 pitchers mentioned, I'm somewhat surprised that Quinn has not seen the mound in a game since the UMass game which certainly wasn't a good one for him. The UMass game was really the only really bad game Quinn has had this season. Of course, we are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes or in practices.

Also, since that UMass game where Quinn had a bad time, Devin Kirby has really taken off. It would seem the Kirby is now fully healed from Tommy John surgery, and is now an integral part of the UConn bullpen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 2nd, Chudoba with a 1-2-3 inning with 2 strikeouts. He is at 25 pitches on the game.

Chris Jones was speculating that Chudoba would go 3 innings, followed by Cooke with another 3 innings.

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, a leadoff single by Donlan followed by a Padilla double puts 2 runners in scoring position. Both runners advance on a no out Simmons sac fly to make it 3-0 UConn. Bottom of the order continues to be productive, that's for sure.

Smith and Stock both draw walks to load the bases with 1 out. However, a line drive double play ends the UConn threat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, a leadoff single by Donlan followed by a Padilla double puts 2 runners in scoring position. Both runners advance on a no out Simmons sac fly to make it 3-0 UConn. Bottom of the order continues to be productive, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
Top 3rd, Chudoba faces the minimum with the help of a double play. Chudoba with 3 strikeouts on the game. 3-0 UConn.

Ian Cooke was warming in the pen that inning, so if Chris Jones is right (and don't see why he wouldn't be right), look for Cooke on the mound next inning.

Reaction Score
Top 4th, a leadoff single and 2 walks load the bases with no outs for Northeastern. A no out rbi single makes the score 4-1. A 1 out rbi single makes the score 4-2, bases still loaded.

Reaction Score
Cooke gives up a 2 out grand slam, 6-4 Northeastern. Brady Afthim warming up in the bullpen.

After an infield error by Padilla, Afthim coming in to pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom