13 days | The Boneyard

13 days

Reaction Score
We can only hope to have a much anticipated season as COVID19 rages across our country. We all are excited to watch this year's team with new recruits and returning players. I for one am holding on to that hope!!!
GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
As the final days pass, the season cannot begin soon enough. I am so anxious about the season not happening, I can't imagine what our ladies are experiencing. I feel terrible beyond words for our student athletes across the country. I also feel terrible for our students in general. Being the old fart I am, I cannot relate what to what the incoming students are experiencing in general. Their college years are forever compromised. Then there are the graduating seniors that cannot go to the jobs they have worked so hard to fill.
I pray we have a season and student athletes accross the country manage to stay healthy. I know I need a season to happen, to help with my sanity. But, that's my selfishness speaking.
Enough of this doom, let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make it #12 this year Ladies!

Reaction Score
With 13 days to go before game day we still have our fingers crossed the season will happen with as few interruptions as possible. The good news is that as this week progresses fewer and fewer non-athletes will be on campus with the winter break beginning a week from today. I know that guarantees nothing but does reduce the chances of coming in contact with the virus before that first game. Go Huskies, stay safe.

Reaction Score
The anticipation to begin this season for me is mainly to see this new Team with highly skilled freshman and seasoned veterans. It is touted that the shooting, height, passing, and speed of this new team will present a significant challenge to opposition. What we witness might be the beginning of a consecutivve run for the National Championship. At my age, this is my last rodeo, and I would really like to see this again.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Every CBB fan is ready play to resume. We’ll get to see our team showcase their skills and potential in back to back games in two weeks.

I’m sure most of the regular posters will have an observation or two to share afterwards.

My Christmas wish for our team is a simple one. No injuries or positive Covid tests for our team this year and next. Everyone plays up to or exceeds their potential, and everyone has fun and enjoys the season. My final wish is at the Christmas break, they have played all games schedule. No games postponed or canceled, UConn plays well every night, win all of their OOC games, and finally, they win number 12.

What’s your Christmas wish for UConn WBB 2020-2021?

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
With a number of BY posters forecasting a new dynasty for the current team, if the team struggles I believe some of the same posters who are talking so glowingly of the team will turn on them as they did C. Williams and M. Walker when they struggled after expectations were so high for them when they committed. There is nothing wrong with having very high expectations but I will temper mine until this season's team plays a few games. I don't want to experience the disappointment I felt after the team with A. Stevens on it failed to make it to the championship game. That team, imo, had more talent than any other team that season. I could hardly wait for the season to start. However, it was not the start of a dynasty. They did better than most teams that season but they were not a dominant team in the sense of UConn dominance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom