12 days | The Boneyard

12 days

Reaction Score
Untill the toughest stretch of the season

@ Arizona
@ Auburn
Vs. Wichita State

I think we desperately need this break from games. Would love to see our Huskies turn it around. Far from a reassuring performance tonight but at 7 - 3 we have preserved an opportunity to shift the tone of this season.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of work to do in 12 days. We need to win 2 of those games to have any shot at an at large bid. The way we played defense today Im very discouraged

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree. These 12 days gives us a chance to catch our breaths and go into conference play with a breathe of fresh air. Ollie, staff, and players must use this time to make something out of this season. As a fan who cheers and believes with my heart I believe they can do it

Reaction Score
We are what we are. The guys we have playing right now are who we have. It would be a bigger upset than the UConn WBB-Mississippi State game if the NCAA declared Sid eligible; until it is announced that Al is done for the year, there's a chance but I'm not counting on it. There some positive minutes for several of the young guys today; the hope is that continues to grow. I want us to do well, but I've decided I'm not gonna get in a crazy uproar over these games.

Reaction Score
We are what we are. The guys we have playing right now are who we have. It would be a bigger upset than the UConn WBB-Mississippi State game if the NCAA declared Sid eligible; until it is announced that Al is done for the year, there's a chance but I'm not counting on it. There some positive minutes for several of the young guys today; the hope is that continues to grow. I want us to do well, but I've decided I'm not gonna get in a crazy uproar over these games.
I’ve adapted the same approach you have. I’m not getting myself worked about these games anymore, if we improve I’ll be ecstatic. But if we don’t then it just is what it is. I’ll still watch and attend as many games as possible, and I’ll be back next year cheering harder than ever. That’s all we as fans can do

Reaction Score
That’s another thing. We may well have an answer on AG and Sid by the end of this break. As unlikely as it may be, getting one or both of those dudes would be huge.

Edit: @AntG168 beat me, haha
Maybe im being way to optimistic, but It could be a good thing that its taking so long for a decision on Wilson. If it was an obvious “No”, dont you think that would have been decided by now? Maybe there is a chance that he could play.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I don't think the next twelve days will improve the outlook by getting a couple of players back as much as it will going to film to correct the defensive lapses and work on offensive issues. That, and running them till they drop a couple of days to make the point about starting games with intensity and attention. This team is sloppy passing the ball, sloppy with help defense, sloppy with screens, sloppy with boxouts, sloppy with the fast break. Every area can use some attention.

Reaction Score
All I want is one thing and one thing only. Maybe two. First with any inkling of improvement or cohesiveness everyone must shut the heck up. Next. Let’s play some semblance of UConn defense. That’s all. Some teams can’t score. Calhoun dealt with this s as well. But we all had pride and played defense.

Reaction Score
This team is sloppy passing the ball, sloppy with help defense, sloppy with screens, sloppy with boxouts, sloppy with the fast break. Every area can use some attention.
The sloppiness I agree with big time!!

Reaction Score
Much needed break to regroup. 7-3 going into a tough stretch will give us time to review game film. Focus on our weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Would love to see AG back in action. This team could use him.
Though AG is good penetrator and play some defense he normally over penetrates and has no outside shot. I don't see Gilbert helping the team much going forward this season even if healthy enough.

C

Chief00

I don’t want guys back before they are medically ready to come back. Playing basketball is not going back to a desk job, especially for a guard who likes to penetrate.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe im being way to optimistic, but It could be a good thing that its taking so long for a decision on Wilson. If it was an obvious “No”, dont you think that would have been decided by now? Maybe there is a chance that he could play.
Maybe. More likely they saw “UConn” and haven’t even opened the file yet.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of work to do in 12 days. We need to win 2 of those games to have any shot at an at large bid. The way we played defense today Im very discouraged

I don't think this team is anywhere near contending for an at large bid, but hypothetically if they turn things around to compete for one, I don't think losses to Arizona and Wichita State disqualify them from it.

6 OOC losses (added Villanova too) plus a 13-5 conference record puts them at 21-10 before the tourney. One more win in the tourney puts them at 22-11, and with a very strong RPI from the formidable OOC, they have a decent shot of getting in.

Reaction Score
Nothing will change if it hasn't already.

Can't make any call on AG at the moment. Hoping for the best but assuming the worst

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom