12/22 UNH Tickets?? | The Boneyard

12/22 UNH Tickets??

Reaction Score
Hi, I posted in the ticket exchange forum too but that thing looks pretty dusty so I'm trying here too.

If anybody has tickets for sale or knows someone who has tickets and isn't using them for Sunday's UNH game, please let me know. Looking for 3-6 to take my 2 year old daughter to her first UConn game, and if there's 6 we can get some friends sitting right nearby too. Hoping to find something halfway up the back section or closer because I know the more she can see and tell what the H is going on, the more involved she'll be and less likely to say "I no like this" and demand we leave

I have checked stubhub and keep re-checking but some of the prices are absurd for this being a UNH game, and I'm doubting they will drop much by the weekend

Reaction Score
Hi, I posted in the ticket exchange forum too but that thing looks pretty dusty so I'm trying here too.

If anybody has tickets for sale or knows someone who has tickets and isn't using them for Sunday's UNH game, please let me know. Looking for 3-6 to take my 2 year old daughter to her first UConn game, and if there's 6 we can get some friends sitting right nearby too. Hoping to find something halfway up the back section or closer because I know the more she can see and tell what the H is going on, the more involved she'll be and less likely to say "I no like this" and demand we leave

I have checked stubhub and keep re-checking but some of the prices are absurd for this being a UNH game, and I'm doubting they will drop much by the weekend
There are some solid deals on stubhub right now. You can get 6 right now in the lower corner (section 118) for $101 with fees. Not a bad deal.

Reaction Score
Why don't you get tickets at the box office and support the program? It's eight bucks for crissakes.

Because the tickets that are $8 are worse than sitting at home and watching on TV, is that a good enough reason? Maybe the program should sell desireable tickets at a sellable price, like offering reduced prices on unsold tickets for games like these when they have hundreds unsold. I'm not going to pay $50 a ticket to see UNH, and I'd imagine I'm not alone

Reaction Score
Could just get cheap seats through UConn at $5 a ticket then just move down once you see where there's room.

Is this a plan that can work? I havent been attending many events since having a child and I can recall many times in my life that the stadium staff would rather there be empty seats all over the lower section and people sitting in their 'assigned' seats way up in the nosebleeds. Like I bet it can be a problem to get to lower level if your tickets are for the nosebleeds, but of course buying tickets at the back of a section and sneaking up further should work.

Just wondering if anyone has firsthand accounts of this working at XL?

Reaction Score
Is this a plan that can work? I havent been attending many events since having a child and I can recall many times in my life that the stadium staff would rather there be empty seats all over the lower section and people sitting in their 'assigned' seats way up in the nosebleeds. Like I bet it can be a problem to get to lower level if your tickets are for the nosebleeds, but of course buying tickets at the back of a section and sneaking up further should work.

I can see this being a problem in the lower bowl, but where I sit in the lower section of the upper bowl (where the seats are pretty good), I highly doubt this being a problem.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. We've seen this with the football team for 5 years now. They're playing the Maine Blackbears, not Duke. Should be plenty of open seats.

How did UNH become the "Maine Blackbears"? Just curious.

Reaction Score

They don't even check tickets any more tbh especially for these games.

Reaction Score

This hasn’t been an issue at XL in recent years. I have season tix there again and for the Maine game I moved from the lower 200s to the 5th row right across from the UConn bench (pic attached). Four of us moved. No resistance

Attachments

• B1D234AC-B482-4790-A4C3-CDC9F92F7BD7.jpeg
    B1D234AC-B482-4790-A4C3-CDC9F92F7BD7.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 56
Reaction Score

It works fine at XL...never at Gampel.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What a variety of responses. From tips to shaming. Even some exaggerations in characterizing an attempt to take a 2-year old to her first game.
I hope it works out.
Hey voice of reason, what's so wrong with going to the box office and buying a ticket and supporting the program instead of mooching for a freebee?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hey voice of reason, what's so wrong with going to the box office and buying a ticket and supporting the program instead of mooching for a freebee?
The way you've forced-choice your question, I suppose I'd have to answer, "Nothing."

I did go back and re-read, however, and I did see myself claiming there was eonething "so wrong," but instead saying there were "exagerations." And you've gone ahead and offered more.

I see a guy who is looking for the best value proposition for a seat location that he's willing to pay for, doesn't want to pay too much for, isn't looking to see the sweat on a Hurley's brow, has been open about why when challenged, and has appreciatively engaged with those who have offered advice, some of which is helpful and some of which is not.

I get that the freebie moocher angle bothered you, but that's been exposed in the back-and-forth as more your invention than anything else. I've even gotten some helpful crowdsourced knowledge from the thread, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to admit the seats he is dismissing with a wave of his hand are the same seats I sat in and got kicked out of back in the day. And those were still better seats than my season ticket seats at the time. I think that got to me.

Reaction Score
Well it is a sensitive subject. Some of us are paying for the first time an $800 "donation/fee" on top of ticket costs to sit in good seats to support the program, only to come into the game and find the $8 seat guys sitting in my seat and giving attitude when I ask them to move. I get it he wants good seats at a good price, and if I wasn't going I would give them to him, but there is a cost to big time athletics. Out of curiosity I checked and I see a lot of lower bowl seats for under $20 rather quickly.

Just some advice, I have a 17 year old daughter and have been through all this. If you want to spend some quality time with your daughter at a basketball game, take her to a University of Hartford Women's Basketball game. You can sit almost court side and she won't know the difference for about $10.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have to admit the seats he is dismissing with a wave of his hand are the same seats I sat in and got kicked out of back in the day. And those were still better seats than my season ticket seats at the time. I think that got to me.
This makes your pique far more understandable

My closest on-point experience is way out of date, but perhaps relevant. My father was a season ticket holder years before he took me to my first game in 1962. As he got older, he transitioned from the Field House to the Civic Center, most notably because he lived one town away. After the Dream Season, his seats got further and further away each year. He accepted the supply-and-demand economics, and made his choices about donation levels in what he thought was the best balance.

He saw so much great basketball, but died in December 1997, 12 games into KEA's freshman season, never seeing a a Final Four appearance or National Championship.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just some advice, I have a 17 year old daughter and have been through all this. If you want to spend some quality time with your daughter at a basketball game, take her to a University of Hartford Women's Basketball game. You can sit almost court side and she won't know the difference for about $10.
Could not disagree more. My daughters first game at Gampel set her on the path of lifelong love of the game. The energy is an entirely differently thing. It's good for young girls to see other girls play in a packed (well back then) house in front of screaming fans.

A buddy of mine took his travel team to see them a year ago at my suggestion. The girls are still talking about it.

Reaction Score
Could not disagree more. My daughters first game at Gampel set her on the path of lifelong love of the game. The energy is an entirely differently thing. It's good for young girls to see other girls play in a packed (well back then) house in front of screaming fans.

A buddy of mine took his travel team to see them a year ago at my suggestion. The girls are still talking about it.
I highly doubt your daughter became a lifelong fan going to games at the age of 2. 7-8 years old is when you start taking kids to games.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I highly doubt your daughter became a lifelong fan going to games at the age of 2. 7-8 years old is when you start taking kids to games.
Fair point. I missed that she was two. And yes my daughter was right in that age range at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom