12-19-20 Saturday Viewing Guide | The Boneyard

12-19-20 Saturday Viewing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saturday Viewing Guide for 12-19-20

11:30 AM on FS1: Butler vs Indiana in Indianapolis:
Another benefit of joining the new Big East is enjoying the in-state rivalries of our conference mates. Major props to senior Aaron Thompson's major offensive jump this year for Butler (17.5 ppg). However, blow to recently waiver passed ETSU wing Bo Hodges was declared academically ineligible. ON EDIT - Aaron Thompson isn't playing today (sprained knee). Great opportunity for freshman Chuck Harris to step up and show what he can do as the eventual replacement to Aaron Thompson.

12 PM:
#3 Iowa v #1 Gonzaga in Sioux Falls - CBS:
Great chance for Iowa to take advantage of a Zags team that hasn't played in 17 days. Must watch. Unlike the Baylor/Gonzaga matchup, both teams and refs are confirmed NEGATIVE in recent covid tests.

#23 Louisville @ #12 Wisconsin - ESPN2: Interesting matchup between Wisconsin's size vs Louisville's guards. Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones has been amazing for the Cardinals (17.3 ppg).

2 PM:
#22 North Carolina vs Kentucky in Cleveland - CBS:
I'm a pacifist by nature, so rooting for Kentucky to lose is one way for me to my anger out in harmless ways.

Western Kentucky @ Alabama- ESPNU: I say this every Saturday, but Western Kentucky is one of my favorite mid-majors. Their top-eight can stack up against anyone. Taveion Hollingsworth is built for March and as long as Charles Bassey is healthy and out of foul trouble, they can beat anyone.

Hofstra @ St. Bonaventure - ESPN+: The top team in the CAA is always a fun watch and good to see the Bonnies back from their quarantine. The Bonnies are my A-10 darkhorse fielding six players who averaged double-digits last season.

2:30:
Purdue vs Notre Dame in Indianapolis -ESPN2:
The 2nd in-state game held today in Indianapolis, 7'4 freshman Zach Edey is a blast to watch and Notre Dame gets a huge boost to their depth with Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz now eligible.

Ole Miss @ Dayton - NBCSN: This is the best Ole Miss roster in years and what Dayton lacks in game-ready depth, Crutcher/Watson/Johnson have barely been taken off the court.

4:00:
#2 Baylor @ Kansas State - B12/ESPN+:
East Catholic Mike McGuirl's Wildcats should get annihilated, but a chance to see Baylor up against an always tough defensive team.

UCLA vs #20 Ohio State in Cleveland - CBS: Is it just me, or I haven't found UCLA interesting to watch in nearly 20 years.

Furman @ Winthrop - ESPN+: The best mid-major OOC matchup of the day. Furman held both Cincy and Alabama to wins of 5 points or less while the undefeated Winthrop have beaten top-25 mid-majors UNC-Greensboro and Little Rock and are led by 6'7 triple-double machine Chandler Vaudrin.

6 PM:
Buffalo @ Syracuse - ACC Network:
Nate Oats' teams got me back into the program a few years ago. Read my Kentucky comment above.

UC Santa Barbara @ Pepperdine - Streamable for free on each school's website: Props to the Big West and WCC for regularly booking the best Californian mid-major teams to play each other all the time before conference play. Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara are all perennially good programs that I watched for the first time this year thank to their streams. Most games are played during east coast friendly times too.

Pepperdine's inside/outside duo of Kessler Edwards and Colbey Ross combine for 40.5 ppg while UC Santa Barbara is a high-end D1 transfer haven. Overall, I've been impressed with the WCC's improvement around Gonzaga's rise.

Night:
7 PM Arizona @ Stanford - Pac12:
Solid Pac12 matchup.

8 PM Colorado State @ Saint Mary's - streamable on teams' websites: another very good mid-major OCC matchup.

9 PM Saint Joseph's @ Villanova - FS1: Gotta love Big 5 matchups. Why isn't this game being played at the Palestra?!?

Will be hitting the road tomorrow to be TV-less and w/ poor internet for a few days. I'll catch the UConn/Creighton game but will be basketball-free til Wednesday. Enjoy today's matchups!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saturday Viewing Guide for 12-19-20

11:30 AM on FS1: Butler vs Indiana in Indianapolis:
Another benefit of joining the new Big East is enjoying the in-state rivalries of our conference mates. Major props to senior Aaron Thompson's major offensive jump this year for Butler (17.5 ppg). However, blow to recently waiver passed ETSU wing Bo Hodges was declared academically ineligible. ON EDIT - Aaron Thompson isn't playing today (sprained knee). Great opportunity for freshman Chuck Harris to step up and show what he can do as the eventual replacement to Aaron Thompson.

12 PM:
#3 Iowa v #1 Gonzaga in Sioux Falls - CBS:
Great chance for Iowa to take advantage of a Zags team that hasn't played in 17 days. Must watch. Unlike the Baylor/Gonzaga matchup, both teams and refs are confirmed NEGATIVE in recent covid tests.

#23 Louisville @ #12 Wisconsin - ESPN2: Interesting matchup between Wisconsin's size vs Louisville's guards. Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones has been amazing for the Cardinals (17.3 ppg).

2 PM:
#22 North Carolina vs Kentucky in Cleveland - CBS:
I'm a pacifist by nature, so rooting for Kentucky to lose is one way for me to my anger out in harmless ways.

Western Kentucky @ Alabama- ESPNU: I say this every Saturday, but Western Kentucky is one of my favorite mid-majors. Their top-eight can stack up against anyone. Taveion Hollingsworth is built for March and as long as Charles Bassey is healthy and out of foul trouble, they can beat anyone.

Hofstra @ St. Bonaventure - ESPN+: The top team in the CAA is always a fun watch and good to see the Bonnies back from their quarantine. The Bonnies are my A-10 darkhorse fielding six players who averaged double-digits last season.

2:30:
Purdue vs Notre Dame in Indianapolis -ESPN2:
The 2nd in-state game held today in Indianapolis, 7'4 freshman Zach Edey is a blast to watch and Notre Dame gets a huge boost to their depth with Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz now eligible.

Ole Miss @ Dayton - NBCSN: This is the best Ole Miss roster in years and what Dayton lacks in game-ready depth, Crutcher/Watson/Johnson have barely been taken off the court.

4:00:
#2 Baylor @ Kansas State - B12/ESPN+:
East Catholic Mike McGuirl's Wildcats should get annihilated, but a chance to see Baylor up against an always tough defensive team.

UCLA vs #20 Ohio State in Cleveland - CBS: Is it just me, or I haven't found UCLA interesting to watch in nearly 20 years.

Furman @ Winthrop - ESPN+: The best mid-major OOC matchup of the day. Furman held both Cincy and Alabama to wins of 5 points or less while the undefeated Winthrop have beaten top-25 mid-majors UNC-Greensboro and Little Rock and are led by 6'7 triple-double machine Chandler Vaudrin.

6 PM:
Buffalo @ Syracuse - ACC Network:
Nate Oats' teams got me back into the program a few years ago. Read my Kentucky comment above.

UC Santa Barbara @ Pepperdine - Streamable for free on each school's website: Props to the Big West and WCC for regularly booking the best Californian mid-major teams to play each other all the time before conference play. Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara are all perennially good programs that I watched for the first time this year thank to their streams. Most games are played during east coast friendly times too.

Pepperdine's inside/outside duo of Kessler Edwards and Colbey Ross combine for 40.5 ppg while UC Santa Barbara is a high-end D1 transfer haven. Overall, I've been impressed with the WCC's improvement around Gonzaga's rise.

Night:
7 PM Arizona @ Stanford - Pac12:
Solid Pac12 matchup.

8 PM Colorado State @ Saint Mary's - streamable on teams' websites: another very good mid-major OCC matchup.

9 PM Saint Joseph's @ Villanova - FS1: Gotta love Big 5 matchups. Why isn't this game being played at the Palestra?!?

Will be hitting the road tomorrow to be TV-less and w/ poor internet for a few days. I'll catch the UConn/Creighton game but will be basketball-free til Wednesday. Enjoy today's matchups!
RE: UCLA.....it’s not just you. Ben Howland ruined them for years......maybe forever. (Yes I know he got them to a couple Final Fours, but that brand of basketball: yuck)

Reaction Score
Carlik Jones not playing.....Louisville getting smoked.

Gonzaga looks really, really good. Suggs is awesome.

Reaction Score
Garza goes 13/16 from 2 and gets 30 and 10 and the Buckeyes still lose by double digits. Gonzaga is legiiit. Iowa has 1 4 minute scoreless streak and it's just over. Bohannon didn't show up.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Garza goes 13/16 from 2 and gets 30 and 10 and the Buckeyes still lose by double digits. Gonzaga is legiiit. Iowa has 1 4 minute scoreless streak and it's just over. Bohannon didn't show up.

I think it's Gonzaga's year to win it . Only Covid can stop them.

Reaction Score
Hawkeyes

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
The refs in the Ohio State/UCLA game are really letting these boys play...anyone else watching? Wish games were always reffed like this...no cheap fouls in this game!

Reaction Score
ND getting their ass kicked is always great to, watch they will still get into the CFP, they will throw a hissy fit for playing in the ACC championship game.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
ND getting their ass kicked is always great to, watch they will still get into the CFP, they will throw a hissy fit for playing in the ACC championship game.
Dont know...they are getting embarrassed

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Dickie V bias for them is just as bad as his bias for Duke. Makes it even easier to root against ND.
On board with the ND hate...mutual hate is the best way to get likes on this board ...dont think they will make it to the CFP after getting embarrassed by Clemson today

Reaction Score
If not this year when for Gonzaga. Been knocking on that door for a time now. They are impressive and loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom