12/12/20 Saturday Viewing Guide | The Boneyard

12/12/20 Saturday Viewing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very solid slate today:

11 AM:
Florida @ #20 Florida State - Leonard Hamilton is one of my favorite coaches and Scottie Barnes provides the team a high-profile freshman who scored the game-winning shot vs Indiana on Wednesday.

12 PM:
Notre Dame @ Kentucky - I'm a Mike Brey fan. Notre Dame has no depth, but a great starting five with Durham starting at the 5. The Wildcats' slide continues today!!!

12:30 PM:
Cincinatti @ #12 Tennessee - Tennessee is one of my favorite programs over the last few years and their delayed start has been anticipated. Very deep team that starts three capable ball-handlers and Sacred Heart grad transfer EJ Anosike (one of my favorite players I've watched live) brings his lunchpail every game.

1 PM:
Syracuse @ Boston College - Root for Shelton, CT's Rich Kelly (by way of Quinnipiac, Cheshire Academy, Montverde Academy and Fairfield Prep) against the easiest? team to root against.

2 PM:
Texas A&M @ TCU - Two teams with good coaches in rebuilding programs. Texas A&M has former Quinnipiac center grad transfer Kevin Marfo off the bench while PSA's Hassan Diarra is their guard off the bench.

3 PM:
Oklahoma State @ Wichita State - A chance to watch Alterique and Cade Cunningham.

Dayton vs Mississippi State - Dayton is an easy program to root for and a solid opportunity to build their OOC resume.

4-6 PM Some mid-major games that could be decent:
4 PM UAB @ East Tennessee State - ETSU's first year w/o Steve Forbes and Andy Kennedy is solid coach in his first year at UAB, a team that returns five players who averaged double-digits last season.

5 PM Old Dominion @ VCU - Two classic CAA rivals, both of which player better than anticipated. Jaylin Hunter averaging 19 mpg so far.

5 PM Santa Barbara @ Loyola Marymount - These two teams played each other earlier this week. Rare chance to see two solid under-the-radar west coast teams. LMU is hilariously large (6'6 245 point forward Eli Scott) and a team on the rise in the WCC. The Big West streams all their game for free on their conference website.

6 PM Utah @ BYU - Intrastate Utah games tend to be very good.

7 PM
Clemson vs Alabama - Clemson's defense has been their calling card and Nate Oats has had an impressive start to his Alabama tenure.

Louisiana Tech vs Louisiana - Two consistently decent mid-major programs playing an intrastate game.

8 PM
#6 Illinois @ Missouri - The best both teams have been in a while. Illinois' flash vs Missouri's muscle. Could be an excellent game.

Oregon @ Washington - A bad start for Washington, but I think they finish the season in the middle of the Pac-12.

Belmont @ Lipscomb - If this game between the two Nashville schools doesn't happen every year, it should. Both are teams no one would want to play in the first round of the tournament.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very solid slate today:

11 AM:
Florida @ #20 Florida State - Leonard Hamilton is one of my favorite coaches and Scottie Barnes provides the team a high-profile freshman who scored the game-winning shot vs Indiana on Wednesday.

12 PM:
Notre Dame @ Kentucky - I'm a Mike Brey fan. Notre Dame has no depth, but a great starting five with Durham starting at the 5. The Wildcats' slide continues today!!!

Cincinatti @ #12 Tennessee - Tennessee is one of my favorite programs over the last few years and their delayed start has been anticipated. Very deep team that starts three capable ball-handlers and Sacred Heart grad transfer EJ Anosike (one of my favorite players I've watched live) brings his lunchpail every game.

1 PM:
Syracuse @ Boston College - Root for Shelton, CT's Rich Kelly (by way of Quinnipiac, Cheshire Academy, Montverde Academy and Fairfield Prep) against the easiest? team to root against.

2 PM:
Texas A&M @ TCU - Two teams with good coaches in rebuilding programs. Texas A&M has former Quinnipiac center grad transfer Kevin Marfo off the bench while PSA's Hassan Diarra is their guard off the bench.

3 PM:
Oklahoma State @ Wichita State - A chance to watch Alterique and Cade Cunningham.

Dayton vs Mississippi State - Dayton is an easy program to root for and a solid opportunity to build their OOC resume.

4 PM UAB @ East Tennessee State - ETSU's first year w/o Steve Forbes and Andy Kennedy is solid coach in his first year at UAB, a team that returns five players who averaged double-digits last season.

5 PM Old Dominion @ VCU - Two classic CAA rivals, both of which player better than anticipated. Jaylin Hunter averaging 19 mpg so far.

5 PM Santa Barbara @ Loyola Marymount - These two teams played each other earlier this week. Rare chance to see two solid under-the-radar west coast teams. LMU is hilariously large (6'6 245 point forward Eli Scott) and a team on the rise in the WCC. The Big West streams all their game for free on their conference website.

7 PM
Clemson vs Alabama - Clemson's defense has been their calling card and Nate Oats has had an impressive start to his Alabama tenure.

Louisiana Tech vs Louisiana - Two consistently decent mid-major programs playing an intrastate game.

8 PM
#6 Illinois @ Missouri - The best both teams have been in a while. Illinois' flash vs Missouri's muscle. Could be an excellent game.

Oregon @ Washington - A bad start for Washington, but I think they finish the season in the middle of the Pac-12.

Belmont @ Lipscomb - If this game between the two Nashville schools doesn't happen every year, it should. Both are teams no one would want to play in the first round of the tournament.

Enjoy!
This is great. Thanks for this.

Reaction Score
Very solid slate today:

11 AM:

12 PM:

1 PM:

2 PM:

3 PM:

7 PM

8 PM

Enjoy!

Nate Oats showed some intestinal fortitude with his comment about Coach K too:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Any update on Johnson? That looked really really bad.

Reaction Score
Scottie Barnes on Fla St looking good. Just through down a monster dunk.

I too am surprised they're playing this game. Must be hard for KJ's teammates to play through this. They are clearly not in it. Also if its covid related, its getting further spread through his teammates to Fla St. Weird.

Reaction Score
Hope it's nothing to do with his heart: at my school, a buddy of mine collapsed during a teachers vs. 8th grade basketball game...a heart attack at 32. If it weren't for our AED, he wouldn't be with us today.

Keyontae Johnson is a warrior and works his butt off. Wouldn't want this happen to anyone and hope he's OK. I, myself, fought back tears seeing that.

Reaction Score
Keyontae is likely also a first round NBA pick about the same caliber/range as Bouk.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kentucky getting annihilated. Literally. Tripled up. You hate to see it.
Any team considering Clarke in the lottery is out of their mind.

Reaction Score

For those like me who needed to look up what that actually means.
Clinicians find the "critical but stable" term useful when discussing cases amongst themselves because it helps them differentiate patients who are expected to recover from those whose prognosis is worse. But a critical condition means that at least some vital signs are unstable, so this is inherently contradictory.

Reaction Score
Very solid slate today:

11 AM:

12 PM:

1 PM:

2 PM:

3 PM:

7 PM

8 PM

Enjoy!
Illini -3 seems like a sucker line

Reaction Score
Scottie Barnes on Fla St looking good. Just through down a monster dunk.

I too am surprised they're playing this game. Must be hard for KJ's teammates to play through this. They are clearly not in it. Also if its covid related, its getting further spread through his teammates to Fla St. Weird.
Players voted to keep playing, you know it is okay to let people decide things for themselves? Not every decision needs to be made by the cancel culture army. Also, not everything is COVID and there is no indication this was COVID.

What a 2020 post.

Reaction Score
FSU over Florida...83-71...that makes 7 in a row over the Gators

Reaction Score
Players voted to keep playing, you know it is okay to let people decide things for themselves? Not every decision needs to be made by the cancel culture army. Also, not everything is COVID and there is no indication this was COVID.

What a 2020 post.
Haha, your reaction made me laugh. Simmer down now.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone watching the UConn women? Genoa is going to be tempted to play Bueckers 40 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
The Johnson kid just collapsing reminds me of Hank Gathers and the clips played on ESPN...kid died of heart related event...collapsed midcourt.

Reaction Score

What a 2020 post.
Well this didn't age well

Reaction Score
Well this didn't age well

Wonder if he has myocarditis or similar. "Mocarditis accounts for 5-22% of sudden cardiac deaths (SCD) in younger populations. Furthermore, there appears to be a higher incidence of SCD occurring in the context of exercise in cases of myocarditis."

"The survey found myocarditis in close to 15 percent of athletes who had the virus, almost all of whom experienced mild or no symptoms, Daniels added, perhaps shedding more light on the uncertainties about the short- and long-term effects the virus may have on athletes. "

Reaction Score
..If it is a worry for football...same goes for basketball. But...

"The Southeastern Conference mandates strict protocols, including rigorous heart testing, before players can be cleared to return to play following positive COVID-19 tests."

Reaction Score
Illini -3 seems like a sucker line

Home dogs against a ranked team are usually a good bet. Not sure how that will play out without fans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom