11th... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

11th...

Reaction Score
Yeah absolutely, it's a great fan shop for the good brands ... but they do have their own brand of gear and it sucks. This particular jersey you linked to is Fanatics brand. Just a heads up, I've had some less than stellar stuff from the brand.
Wow, I didn’t even look that closely. Thanks for the heads up!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Good chance (not great) that Hawkins could be a lottery pick next year. He has a prototypical NBA skillset and height. Only thing against him will be that playmaking, ballhandling and getting stronger. If he can put up 12ppg on 40% 3 point shooting, he's gone.

If coaches are willing revamp our offense to showcase shooting and young talent, we could become a real destination.
The showcase is for national championships.

Reaction Score
Agree Bouk did some fantastic things for UConn but he never was a particular favorite of mine just because of the body language.
PS I never said I didn’t like him. Just not a favorite.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That Mitchell and Ness LJ jersey is fire tho

Grandmama and Lil Penny are hard to top in terms of nba history cool ish lol

1,000% correct. Two of the best jerseys ever, those Hornets and Magic 90s.

Reaction Score
Who cares about facial expressions? So many people quick to judge cause he might’ve looked disappointed or pissed. But every kid acts differently. Bouknight has always been more reserved in expressing emotions, you guys should know that from watching him the past two years! He’ll eventually learn the business/showbiz side of it, but gotta understand, he’s only 20 years old…

More importantly is how he is as a teammate and person. I’ve never heard anyone say anything but good things about him in that regard. Good teammate, well liked, and is a hard worker. That’s what matters (along with talent of course).

Reaction Score
As expected, no more Monk in CHA

Yep, as expected. I like Monk, but his inconsistency and inability to stay on the court is so frustrating. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he kills it on a new team tho, he’s super talented and really young. But when Bouk fell to the Hornets, they weren’t passing on that talent and it’s not worth it for the Hornets to extend him at that point. Now I’m curious to see what happens with Rozier and Graham. Either way, very excited for James and what’s to come, he’s in a good spot and an actual GM that has a plan for the roster.

Reaction Score
One man's opinion. For Bouk's sake (and ours) I'm hoping the team surprises the league.

Reaction Score
Certainly changes things for Bouk. It was an odd fit prior to these moves but now there are serious minutes available.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Certainly changes things for Bouk. It was an odd fit prior to these moves but now there are serious minutes available.
Sure seems like Bouk is the projected starter.

Reaction Score
Almost like Charlotte knew they weren't going to offer a contract to Monk and let Graham walk

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
8C5B3136-C9B2-4ECD-B50F-280259946742.jpeg

I was on a walk tonight through Uptown Charlotte and happened to see this while passing Spectrum Center. Thought I’d share

Reaction Score
Rozier just signed a 4-year, $97m deal...not great for Bouk with Melo already locked into one guard spot. Can't really play all 3 of them at a time either with Hayward locked-in as well. Bouk going to be the 6th man for 4 years it looks like. You don't pay a guy $24m a year to come off the bench...

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Rozier just signed a 4-year, $97m deal...not great for Bouk with Melo already locked into one guard spot. Can't really play all 3 of them at a time either with Hayward locked-in as well. Bouk going to be the 6th man for 4 years it looks like. You don't pay a guy $24m a year to come off the bench...
Far from ideal for him, but don't think that cements anything. Best players will play. NBA coaches have next to no job security on a year to year basis. If Bouk works hard & proves to be the superior player in year 2 [potentially], or 3 [likely], no way he doesn't see the court 30+ minutes per game [whether as 6-man, or starter].

Reaction Score
LaMelo is 6'6". Bouk is 6'5" with shoes. You can play all 3, assuming Bouk is able to catch and shoot. Rozier shoots well and can play on or off ball. Hayward is 6'7". It would be tough to play all 4 at once maybe, but 3 of the 4 on the court at most times is very doable.

And we'll see if the Rozier deal has any options, in which case he may be gone as Bouk enters his prime.

Reaction Score
LaMelo is 6'6". Bouk is 6'5" with shoes. You can play all 3, assuming Bouk is able to catch and shoot. Rozier shoots well and can play on or off ball. Hayward is 6'7". It would be tough to play all 4 at once maybe, but 3 of the 4 on the court at most times is very doable.

And we'll see if the Rozier deal has any options, in which case he may be gone as Bouk enters his prime.
I'm not saying Bouk won't get minutes, but this is not ideal for him. You don't want to have someone locked up like this in your position. Sure, he could outplay Rozier and earn a larger role, but when you commit $100m to someone that is quite an investment...all I'm saying is Bouk is most likely coming off the bench for 4 years which could harm his career. There is no shame in being a 6th man and many guys have overcome that (ex. Harden) but of course "starter in the NBA" carries a lot of weight in terms of both player confidence and development.

Edit: Not to mention he probably will be 7th or 8th man with Bridges and Oubre playing the 3 behind Hayward...so yeah the Hornets made a good move for a basketball perspective but this is not good for Bouk long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom