Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I predict pain. Lots and lots of pain.

Reaction Score
Has anyone notice games at the Cal arena all have the tv camera shots from the Good year blimp

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Has anyone notice games at the Cal arena all have the tv camera shots from the Good year blimp
It's because of the way Haas is designed. The seating has a very steep pitch. You get the same kind of view if you're there in person.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
TV: Pac-12 Network (Krista Blunk, Mary Murphy)
I'm pretty sure I'm hearing Roslyn Gold-Onwude. I think some of these listings have proven to be incorrect. I know that's not you, you're just posting what the network lists.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I'm hearing Roslyn Gold-Onwude. I think some of these listings have proven to be incorrect. I know that's not you, you're just posting what the network lists.
Yes I agree. Play by play is Blunk, color sounds like Ros.

...and now Blunk confirms it.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Yes I agree. Play by play is Blunk, color sounds like Ros.

...and now Blunk confirms it.
I wish Blunk would quit saying "shooter's touch" instead of "shooter's roll" when a shot rolls and bounces around the rim before going in.

At least she's learned to modulate her tone instead of sounding shouty all the time.

Ros is still a chatterbox using too many words, though.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Surprisingly close most of the way thru Q1...then Q2 happened. 50-19 at the half. I'm still contending Cal is the worst Pac 10/12 women's team ever. Absolutely hopeless.

11 Ducks have scored.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
For much of the half--and especially when Oregon opened up the lead--there were 4 freshmen + Chavez on the floor. And Kylie Watson seems to have finally found her footing in the past few games. She is very quick, she's finishing (today) like Hebard, and her defense has been very good as well. All 5 freshmen are for real.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
For much of the half--and especially when Oregon opened up the lead--there were 4 freshmen + Chavez on the floor. And Kylie Watson seems to have finally found her footing in the past few games. She is very quick, she's finishing (today) like Hebard, and her defense has been very good as well. All 5 freshmen are for real.
Chavez and Shelley haven't really stepped up this year like I thought they would. Do you see Scherr and Parrish taking more of their minutes sooner than later?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The worst part is the female announcer is trying to make sound interesting and that Cal is just a smidgeon away from being really good...I will check the box score in an hour, I can't go back to listening that...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Chavez and Shelley haven't really stepped up this year like I thought they would. Do you see Scherr and Parrish taking more of their minutes sooner than later?
Chavez has been pretty good defensively, but Shelley has not been good. I like Parrish alot, Scherr hasn't gotten a lot of time. Paopao is a surprise to me on how well she's adjusted. She's top 5 or 6 freshman candidate.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The worst part is the female announcer is trying to make sound interesting and that Cal is just a smidgeon away from being really good...I will check the box score in an hour, I can't go back to listening that...
Yeah, Cal is right there w/ Washington really making progress and building up the programs under their new coaches. :rolleyes: Utah and Colorado are really moving forward too.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Good question. I think Graves believes Chavez's intangibles are really important and, to me, the team functions best offensively when she's on the floor with Paopao. He also seems to believe that the youngsters need at least one player with experience on the floor. Shelley has been erratic, to put it mildly, but the player whose minutes I'd reduce is Mikesell, especially to give Scherr more minutes. There is a lot of (diverse) skill among the freshmen: they all play hard, they rebound very well (especially Dugalich), Scherr is the team's best defensive player, and Watson is, I believe, the most athletic post on the team, so I'm really pleased she's finally getting time on the floor and showing what she can do. (In several ways, she is a more finished player than Sabally in my view.) Not exactly the smoothest team, but they're getting there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon has outscored Cal 53-12 in Q2 and Q3 combined. 79-27 heading into the final frame. Cal is making a strong case for worst P5 team. Not sure any of the SEC teams are THIS bad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm all alone in here.

Lets look at some of Cal's losses in conference: 80-53, 83-38, 71-37, 77-54 and 69-33. Somehow nearly beat ASU, otherwise haven't stayed w/in 20 of anyone, haven't yet cracked 60 points and have been held under 40 in about half of the games. Also have 3 losses to not very good mid major teams.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon might crack 100 without anyone scoring much. High scorer is at 13. 5 in double figures w/ several more within range. They have 90 w/ about 5 minutes left. They can't really clear the bench because they've already been playing everybody throughout the game.

edit--all 11 players have played at least 10 minutes, that's pretty crazy. Only 1 player over 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Mute is your friend

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I forgot about Wilson for UO. Just entered the game. I guess she won't get double figure minutes and might not score.

Cal cracks the 40 point barrier. Ducks need one more bucket for the century mark.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
100-41 final. Ouch. Hey, at least they didn't lose by 60. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member