#11 Brigham Young vs #3 Arizona - 3/24/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
NCAA Tournament Second Round
Mercado Region
San Antonio, TX - 7:00 PM ET

TV: ESPNU (Tiffany Greene, Steffi Sorensen)

Video stream:
#11 BYU vs. #3 Arizona (Second Round) (NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Arizona runs hot and cold IMO. If this is an off night and they struggle to score BYU could pull the upset.

Reaction Score
Arizona runs hot and cold IMO. If this is an off night and they struggle to score BYU could pull the upset.
I agree. Coach Barnes recognizes this tendency as well. So let's see which how well she anticipates this issue and has her players ready. The kitties will without a doubt have the best player on the floor so to my way of thinking Barnes has some pressure making sure her team is prepared and wins.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I agree. Coach Barnes recognizes this tendency as well. So let's see which how well she anticipates this issue and has her players ready. The kitties will without a doubt have the best player on the floor so to my way of thinking Barnes has some pressure making sure her team is prepared and wins.
Wait, what? Are you saying you actually think Arizona is going to win this game? We have lost our faithful colleague here, someone please be on the look out for AZFAN, his meme has been stolen... :rolleyes:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Gonna be a hard match for BYU. Arizona has the speed advantage, but BYU has very good players (Harding, Gonzalez, Hamson)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Early story, BYU shooting much better but Arizona getting a lot more shots. Tied at 6.

Reaction Score
Wonder if this first quarter is the pace Barnes wants.

Edit kitties increasing tempo in the second

Reaction Score
Curious that the kitties defense is having a lot of trouble with Gonzales. Pellington has really been the difference off the bench for Uarizona

Reaction Score
I'm not watching, but I think they are perfectly comfortable w/ a grinder.
I know BYU prefers a more deliberate pace. Kitties have the advantage in transition and up and down the court.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
BYU up 25-23 at the half. Despite their record, I really think Arizona was better last year.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Arizona is just a tough team to watch at times, it's between mug fest and brick fest, neither is appeasing to the eye...

Reaction Score
Arizona is just a tough team to watch at times, it's between mug fest and brick fest, neither is appeasing to the eye...
Sounds like your characterization of the Sun Devils.

As the second half begins the kitties have three times as many turnovers as assists. Not sure if that's due to nerves on the part of the kitties or BYU is throwing something at them that they weren't prepared for.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Why is Cat Reese allowed to move on every pick and not get called for a moving pick?

And yes, my fan @azfan they are adapting to their local brethren from the north on their behavior...

Reaction Score
Why is Cat Reese allowed to move on every pick and not get called for a moving pick?

And yes, my fan @azfan they are adapting to their local brethren from the north on their behavior...
Lol

Perhaps Barnes looking to CTT as a role model? Exemplar of a successful coach?

Reaction Score
I will say the kitties have picked up the pace here in the second half. I think they can make BYU very uncomfortable if they push the ball.

Coaches Barnes and Coppa helped clean up the offense so after six turnovers in the first half only two so far in the second.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looked like maybe Arizona had turned it around, up by 4, but BYU back up now and a scoring drought for UA.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tied at 37 thru Q3. First to 50 wins?

Reaction Score
Looked like maybe Arizona had turned it around, up by 4, but BYU back up now and a scoring drought for UA.
Kitties go the last 5 minutes 30 seconds of the third quarter without hitting a shot before McDonald hits a free throw to end the quarter.

During the drought the kitties missed seven jump shots and four free throws. To say that their offense is out of sync might suggest an issue with preparation?

Through three quarters the kitties have 12 turnovers and 7 assists.

Reaction Score
BYU is a well coached group.
Obviously... Very disciplined in what they do. Also they've been very effective with the exception of the first four minutes of the second half at dictating pace. Coaches clearly had a game plan and they're sticking with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom