101 out of 115 FT's made | The Boneyard

101 out of 115 FT's made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's insane. We missed 14 FT's all tournament, Kentucky missed 11 last night.

Staggering performance from the line for all of our guys in all 6 games. The 10/13 against Florida was our worst performance (77%). Incredible.

When you look at it closer, you can see that these guys came up with big time shot making performances. We had at least 20 FT's in every game until the final four, where we shot only 23 combined.

Remember the 2004 where only BG and Rashad could make FT's? hah.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When have you ever seen a Uconn team knock down FT's like that. It always seemed to be an achilles heel. This team made them, made them often, and made them when they mattered most.

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
Defense, FT's and the country's best point guard…. that'll do it.

Reaction Score
Also, Calipari admitted that he didn't foul when there were about 56 seconds left because he believed that UConn would simply hit their free throws. I'm not sure I remember an instance where another teams foul shooting affected play calling.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yet people are treating it like it's a sideshow. "Well, if Kentucky had hit their free throws…" "Kentucky blew it at the line …"
THAT'S PART OF THE GAME! It's not flukey. We made it a priority because those points count just the same as any others, and it helped cover some of our weaknesses.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I think our FT shooting percentage is just easy cover for the fact that he didn't know what the hell he was doing at the end of the game. Couldn't make a decision, so he passed it off as though his decision wouldn't have mattered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To be fair, I think our FT shoot percentage is just easy cover for the fact that he didn't know what the hell he was doing at the end of the game. Couldn't make a decision, so he passed it off as though his decision wouldn't have mattered.

I guess I may have been giving him too much credit for believing that line. As the first 30 of the final minute ticked down I was SHOCKED they weren't fouling...then they ended up fouling anyway.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I think our FT shooting percentage is just easy cover for the fact that he didn't know what the hell he was doing at the end of the game. Couldn't make a decision, so he passed it off as though his decision wouldn't have mattered.

Yeah I don't have very much regard for the squid other than selling snake oil.. errrrrr... recruiting.. even the game announcers mentioned several times that they don't really run any sets.. they just run their "dribble drive" offense and try to beat you with individual talent.

Reaction Score
That's insane. We missed 14 FT's all tournament, Kentucky missed 11 last night.

Staggering performance from the line for all of our guys in all 6 games. The 10/13 against Florida was our worst performance (77%). Incredible.

When you look at it closer, you can see that these guys came up with big time shot making performances. We had at least 20 FT's in every game until the final four, where we shot only 23 combined.

Remember the 2004 where only BG and Rashad could make FT's? hah.

And a tip of the hat to Steve Nash, our silent partner in this championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom