100% Chance of Rain Tonight | The Boneyard

100% Chance of Rain Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makes the game more of a "who wants it more" affair.

With all this uncertainty, I don't know how many more "big" football games we have in our immediate future. But I know this -- if we win tonight, each of the four remaining games will be a "big" one until we lose one. Pitt has more weapons than us, but I hope our young men and coaches don't let the opportunity for more big games slip through their fingers.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Who does that help? Both teams struggle on offense...so does that mean they will just struggle more?

What was probably going to be ugly just got uglier...

Reaction Score
I'll be there, sauced... I mean soaked. Hopefully all those WVU fans stick to their word. Though in the rain I seem to doubt it.

Connecticut
"UConn Husky"

UConn Husky, symbol of might to the foe.
Fight, fight Connecticut, It's vict'ry, Let's go.
Connecticut UConn Husky,
Do it again for the White and Blue
So go--go--go Connecticut, Connecticut U.
C-O-N-N-E-C-T-I-C-U-T
Connecticut, Conneticut Husky, Connecticut Husky
Connecticut C-O-N-N-U!
(Repeat)

Reaction Score
I'll be there, sauced... I mean soaked. Hopefully all those WVU fans stick to their word. Though in the rain I seem to doubt it.

Connecticut
"UConn Husky"

UConn Husky, symbol of might to the foe.
Fight, fight Connecticut, It's vict'ry, Let's go.
Connecticut UConn Husky,
Do it again for the White and Blue
So go--go--go Connecticut, Connecticut U.
C-O-N-N-E-C-T-I-C-U-T
Connecticut, Conneticut Husky, Connecticut Husky
Connecticut C-O-N-N-U!
(Repeat)

WVU fans are not fair weather fans; expect them to amke the trek. I also expect the fair weather Pitt fans to stay home

Reaction Score
Typically I would think the better ground game has the advantage in bad weather. I think back to our snow game against USF two years ago when the weather was a factor as well and our passing game was instrumental, of course we had a receiver that was coming into his own then soooo.....!

Who does that help? Both teams struggle on offense...so does that mean they will just struggle more?

What was probably going to be ugly just got uglier...

Reaction Score
I honestly think the offense that scores the most will win. That being the likely case: FG's = 3 points versus TD's which contribute 6 points (with a chip shot to add a 7th point). That being the case, UConn offense needs to GPS itself into the end zone sometime before the month runs out. Save the FG's until #38 can hit a clutch game winner.

Depending on the defense to lead the team in touchdowns, is doing it the hard way. They are already responsible for half the game - limiting the other team's scoring.

Reaction Score
Cold, driving rainstorm? I would suggest a steady diet of McCummings running the option.

Reaction Score
UConn vs Pitt may be the premier sporting event to watch tonight if the world series game is canx. That announcement is supposed to be made at 1 pm. Of course I'll be watching the Huskies beat the Panthers no matter what...from the comfort of my sofa of course. At least I won't have to pay $8 for a beer! Now I just gotta decide what to have for munchies!

Reaction Score
Rain dampens Pitt somewhat superior passing game. Game in the trenches, baby!

Reaction Score
Gotta like the more experienced QB, but Graham seems to run hot and cold. Cover him out of the backfield and pressure when the situation calls for it. I think we can shut down the run and avoid the big play.

We need more from our specials and just stay balanced on offense. Block, block, block!

Reaction Score
We've been here most of day. No rain yet. Wife has her rain suit! How's that Sportsart:) Went to Primanti Bros--over rated.Tino Sunseri's Dad owns a few restaurants in The Strip. We have a nice contingent of fans here. Let's go Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom