10 Year Anniversary of the Biggest Win in Program History | The Boneyard

10 Year Anniversary of the Biggest Win in Program History

Reaction Score
Happy 10 year anniversary of the 2OT 33-30 win at ND. The game marked the first W for the Huskies since Jasper’s death.

Say what you want about the current state of the program and what RE is doing as a coach...but this game and the speech he delivered afterwards will always remind me why I tune in every Saturday.

Reaction Score
So which one gets merged into which? ;)

I’ll yield.

Anyhoo, it’s arguably our most memorable win ever - it’s certainly still my favorite. Nothing beats that U-C-O-N-N chant echoing through the stadium at game’s end.

F132616F-18AA-4886-9AF9-9EF78DE4405E.jpeg

Reaction Score
I got a Facebook feed this morning indicating a 10 year anniversary with a great photo from the game. Put a smile on my face. Truly, the best football experience ever. The whole weekend was fantastic. I didn't leave the stadium for almost an hour after the game ended. Post game interview was great.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I’ll yield.

Anyhoo, it’s arguably our most memorable win ever - it’s certainly still my favorite. Nothing beats that U-C-O-N-N chant echoing through the stadium at game’s end.

View attachment 48350
Uh-oh. Targeting. 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line and #95 is ejected.

But seriously great memories watching this in My Brother the Domer's living room. After the game it could not be spoken of in his presence, as if it had never happened.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I’ll yield.

View attachment 48350
Great hit at the time. Today that is a Targeting foul, 15 yards (half the distance), ejection, and a certain loss.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No lie, since my previous post someone asked me if I saw Touchdown Jesus while I was at Notre Dame. I'm not sure how much this is common knowledge, but if you are sitting in the visitors section Touchdown Jesus is straight in front of you. In addition, if it's a clear day on a late November afternoon, the Sun banks off Touchdown Jesus right into your face for a good chunk of the game. I can happily report it didn't take. Despite the result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After Jazz was killed that team lost their next three games in heart breaking fashion and then went into ND and played their hearts out.

I was in tears by the time Randy was done with that interview.

Reaction Score
I saw Touchdown Jesus, his name was Jordan Todman! Edsall gave him the red ass for that LOL. I watched from home and that game first of all was a great College game, very entertaining. Our guard AK from Ansonia was in when Todman helped get us off the floor with the screen pass TD. Then AK got hurt and was replaced and things kept rolling. The kickoff return TD. Reyes a D tackle running down a wideout and causing a fumble. Teggert missing a game winning FG. Petrus telling him we would still win the game. Kasif with a huge catch for a TD. Andre Dixon how many touchdowns do you have to score? :) UCONN!!!

Reaction Score
Was also at the game - surreal experience - this was when our offensive line was so good we could basically tell ND we were running the ball right down their throats and and they could do nothing about it.

Frazier the ND transfer coming back and making some big throws esp the one right along the goal line for a TD.

Being down 14-0, feeling like you're gonna get curb stomped and then to come back and win like that, even after several sketchy penalties against our O-line on the final game winning drive...
and of course the U-C-O-N-N chants from our section and then into the hallways, just incredible. It sounded like we owned the place.

Depressing as hell what's happened to this program since, but that moment will always last.

Reaction Score
I was not at the game but it was memorable just as well. Ford had just come out with the new Taurus and I could not find one equipped the way I wanted. Finally found exactly what I wanted in Livonia, MI, and used some miles to go out and get it. Driving back through Canada I listened to the first part of the game on Sirius which did not go well. The announcers were Notre Dame people and they were just SO arrogant. They couldn't understand why Notre Dame had even scheduled UConn. I couldn't listen anymore. A few hours later I pulled into Syracuse to see my graduate student son very briefly and get a cup of coffee to stay awake. It was then I found out. First words out of his mouth when he opened the door. Didn't need much caffeine to get back to Hartford absolutely wide eyed at 1:30 in the morning.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Great hit at the time. Today that is a Targeting foul, 15 yards (half the distance), ejection, and a certain loss.
As I recall that hit was at something like the 1/2 yard line, so half the distance would have put them at first and goal 3 blades of grass out, so almost certainly a score, and as you said probably a UConn loss.

Reaction Score
They scored on the very next play. A qb sneak by Clausen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They scored on the very next play. A qb sneak by Clausen.

I didn't mention a score. Lloyd being ejected would have two things: 1) taken a monster out of the line up, 2) taken the wind out of UConn's sails.

Reaction Score
The RB launched himself. I don't know that is targetting even today.

Reaction Score
The RB launched himself. I don't know that is targetting even today.
A mutual D and O launch was not evident in the still picture linked above, but very apparent in person and in video. Undoubtedly, UConn would be penalized today if it helped ND.

15 hour, 7K mile flight + L + commuter train to South Bend = 24 hrs door-to-door and zero regrets even if UConn has lost in a classic college gridiron environment. Massive bonus, National Flag Blue and White winning. My longest UConn road trip exceeding the Fiesta Bowl trek. What jet lag?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom