10 Year Anniversary Of The 2010-2011 Championship Season | The Boneyard

10 Year Anniversary Of The 2010-2011 Championship Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised this hasn't been talked about much. It's just crazy to think back on that season and everything that happened, and starting with Maui, was 10 years ago, but I can remember so much of it so vividly. I will never forget being in Madison Square Garden for the Big East Championship game vs Louisville when we finished off 5 teams in 5 days to win it. A lot has happened in the 10 years since that season that we never could have predicted. It's been a wild roller coaster, but I think we are on the way up, and we are on the way up very quickly to being at that level again.

Reaction Score
I was living in China for 1.5 years or so and got diagnosed with cancer at the very end of that stay. One of my first days back in CT was watching that UConn/WSU game and, in the next two days, MSU and Kentucky. It was very tough in late November for me (first chemo) BUT at the same time, a memorable time for me as the Kentucky game was the only time I was able to stay up late during that early stretch of chemo.

During the WSU game it was very clear to me there was something special about this team, which was confirmed in the next two nights, tested a lot during BE play but, eventually, verified in March! One of the few bright spots in a tough 2011!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall