#10 Oregon at #5 Louisville | The Boneyard

#10 Oregon at #5 Louisville

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Louisville's quickness has given Oregon fits. Cards are up 61-46 at end of 3Q.

Oregon has staunched the bleeding from the first half but essentially traded baskets with Louisville in the third quarter. Ionescu is scoreless. Sabally, after going scoreless against A&M, has looked good off the bench in this one.

Durr has 18 and Hines-Allen has 15 for Louisville.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh man. Play-by-play dude Thad Anderson just asked his partner, "Louisville is ranked #5 right now. Can they be #1 by the end of the season?"

Ha. I know a team that will have something to say about that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Lid is finally off the bucket for Ionescu, she's scored 5 quick points.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't seen much of Louisville, but I've been impressed w/ Fuehring this year. Tough blue collar interior player.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I haven't seen much of Louisville, but I've been impressed w/ Fuehring this year. Tough blue collar interior player.
I was just about to comment on her. She is much improved over last year. She is that Kia Nurse-type glue player but on the interior.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sabally doesn't play like a 6-4 player. She's really smooth and athletic, really does play more like a wing than a post player. Needs some polish but you can see the potential.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon just a little off their game. Shots that normally fall for them haven't. Tough to go on the road against two quality teams in consecutive games.

Louisville is MUCH improved over last year. They actually have team chemistry and a strong defensive identity. The ACC race should be a battle between them and the Irish, but TBH Louisville is the more impressive team thus far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wasn't Louisville 0-fer against ranked teams last year? Maybe not but I know their record against top teams was poor. Anyway already 2 good wins this year against Ohio St. and Oregon. Looks like a different Louisville team this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

My imagination or she looks alot like Stefanie Dolson?

image_handler.aspx

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wasn't Louisville 0-fer against ranked teams last year? Maybe not but I know their record against top teams was poor. Anyway already 2 good wins this year against Ohio St. and Oregon. Looks like a different Louisville team this year.
Their best wins last year were Kentucky, Miami, South Florida, NC State, and Tennessee. I'm pretty sure at least a couple of those teams were "ranked"at the time. But yeah, they did not put it together against the elite teams. Lost close games to Maryland, Duke, Florida State, and NC State. Lost twice to Notre Dame in not-so-close games, and got crushed by Baylor in the Sweet 16.

I just glanced at their roster, and it's almost unbelievable to me that Hines-Allen is the only senior. Louisville has had a high attrition rate.

Reaction Score
Sabally doesn't play like a 6-4 player. She's really smooth and athletic, really does play more like a wing than a post player. Needs some polish but you can see the potential.
I really liked what I saw out of her in the Jordan Classic. Especially her ability for excellent defense at every position as well. With a lot of multifaceted players it doesn't carry over to the defensive side.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Durr has looked very impressive so far in games against other high profile guards Mitchell (OSU) and Ionescu (Oregon). A lot of season left to play, but she's the early leader IMO for first team AA at the 2 spot.

Reaction Score
Their best wins last year were Kentucky, Miami, South Florida, NC State, and Tennessee. I'm pretty sure at least a couple of those teams were "ranked"at the time. But yeah, they did not put it together against the elite teams. Lost close games to Maryland, Duke, Florida State, and NC State. Lost twice to Notre Dame in not-so-close games, and got crushed by Baylor in the Sweet 16.

I just glanced at their roster, and it's almost unbelievable to me that Hines-Allen is the only senior. Louisville has had a high attrition rate.

Look like Louisville is primed for a run at the ACC title this year. They've hit the ground running so far.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Durr has looked very impressive so far in games against other high profile guards Mitchell (OSU) and Ionescu (Oregon). A lot of season left to play, but she's the early leader IMO for first team AA at the 2 spot.

Not sure if you're inferring this, but AA teams aren't position specific, so all 3 could be 1st Teamers if they continue to have great seasons.

Maybe this is the year Walz finally puts it together and is a deserved top 4-5 team from start to finish. They have the star power with Durr and a great supporting cast. They have 3 solid wins on their resume already and should coast until ACC play.

Reaction Score

she's gonna be special although it looks like she's never seen a shot she doesn't like............would be yanked in 45 seconds by Geno

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom