10 for 40 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

10 for 40

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You are thinking short term for just this one game(we lost anyway). I'm thinking big picture and long term, which is more important seeing that we are a year or two away and have many young impressionable players. Calhoun would have put a walk on in for a minute just to send a message and he was right in doing it. Showing these guys that style of play won't be tolerated now or in the future is more important long term for the culture of the program than yanking Vital out of the game for 90 seconds for one game. Who to sub in for him for a couple possessions is completely missing the point. We are trying to break 3 years of bad habits versus playing Gaffney for a couple possessions when we were already getting beaten like a drum in the 1st half. How much worse could it have gotten, especially considering Gilbert and Vital were part of the problem. Throw a dart at someone on the bench. I'm pretty sure we can find someone who can take a bad shot, give up an open 3, and turn the ball over for 90 seconds while one of our guards is getting an earful on the bench.

I don't think Gaffney is 100% healthy, but that's not based on any actual info.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He doesn't have much vision or handle. And getting him to organize and offense would be borderline hilarious

Sid is just kind of like the invisible man for me. It’s like I don’t even notice when he’s on the court. When I think of the roster I always forget to name him. He’s just kind of there. That makes for a good umpire or referee or something, but not a small forward. He’s not a bad player, he’s just not noticeable. I wish he would use his athleticism and announce his presence more often. I know he has it in him, just kinda waiting for him to do something. Anything.

Reaction Score
I don't think Gaffney is 100% healthy, but that's not based on any actual info.
Maybe not 100%, but he was good enough to play both on Friday and last night. I think he can handle an extra minute or two while one of our guards is being instructed on the bench briefly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom