10 college teams with the most NBA-level talent? Rutgers joins Duke, UConn. | The Boneyard

10 college teams with the most NBA-level talent? Rutgers joins Duke, UConn.

Reaction Score
ESPN+ article just posted this morning. Not sure about the title of the article when Rutgers has only 2 NBA prospects, albeit both expected to go very high in the draft. I copied and pasted some of the write up on UConn.

Top-50 players: Liam McNeeley (No. 10), Alex Karaban (No. 30), Jaylin Stewart(No. 33),

Other pro prospects: Samson Johnson (No. 85), Solomon Ball, Aidan Mahaney, Jayden Ross, Tarris Reed

Commitments in the 2025 high school class: Darius Adams (ESPN 100 No. 19), Eric Reibe (ESPN 100 No. 23)

Back-to-back national championships and six players selected in the past two NBA drafts sells itself to potential recruits -- one would assume. Before this summer, coach Dan Hurley had landed one five-star recruit (2024 first-round pick Stephon Castle) since arriving at UConn in 2018, indicating just how well the Huskies' vaunted player development system has worked. UConn added another five-star recruit in McNeeley, who will enter the season as a projected lottery pick, with high expectations.

Alternate access:

2025 NBA draft: Duke, Rutgers top teams with most prospects

Reaction Score
When is the world going to wake up to the FRAUD that has been the Duke basketball program ? How can they have the most NBA talent and yet not get it done before you figure out the hype is so much greater than reality ? Fillipowski was their top player last year. He was on the same floor as Clingan last night. 4 pts and 5 reb. Its just mind boggling

Reaction Score
Kinda harsh. Duke is going through what UConn went through with Ollie, with more brand runway to attract recruits. I’m sure the recruiting attraction will fall off if Scheyer continues to push 5 stars into the portal, doesn’t develop or win. Right now his sample size is small and Duke still has plenty of residual Zion/Banchero steam keeping its brand up there. And when you land a Flagg, it keeps it up there. Get used to it for awhile longer. I never see Duke as being relevant bad for the sport.

Reaction Score
I think being on top of our Championship perch, everyone below look like underachivers.

Best place to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom