10,184 - That is our average attendance so far this year | The Boneyard

10,184 - That is our average attendance so far this year

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
That is our average attendance so far this year. Last year it was 10,345 for the season (16 games). We were outside of the top 30 last year nationally in attendance (embarrassing).
With 8 Big East games remaining, we can surpass last year. If we sell out every game the rest of the way, our average attendance will be 11,445. We might crack the top 30 with that number.

Just for ha-has, if we had sold out every game this year, our average attendance would be 12,706.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That is our average attendance so far this year. Last year it was 10,345 for the season (16 games). We were outside of the top 30 last year nationally in attendance (embarrassing).
With 8 Big East games remaining, we can surpass last year. If we sell out every game the rest of the way, our average attendance will be 11,445. We might crack the top 30 with that number.

Just for ha-has, if we had sold out every game this year, our average attendance would be 12,706.
You can bank the sellouts. Only game where you can still sit with a friend is Marquette, and those are running out.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The size of Gampel also hurts us in this metric. We’re automatically playing from behind.

I think we sell out most remaining games though. The Butler (NFL playoffs, bad team) and Marquette games (not an attractive opponent persay, midweek @ XL) will probably be at 90% full.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Would like to know percent of games per team that sell out. Obviously we could sell more tickets if we played in the Carrier Dome, but we’d never sell that place out, and neither will Cuse.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Would like to know percent of games per team that sell out. Obviously we could sell more tickets if we played in the Carrier Dome, but we’d never sell that place out, and neither will Cuse.
Syracuse has only sold out the Dome twice (both times to Duke) since they joined the ACC. Most of their league game are in the low-mid 20k range. Still ~10k more than most P5 teams draw.

Fittingly, they’ve also sold it out a few times v. Georgetown, UConn, Villanova, and Louisville in their last few years in the Big East.

Reaction Score
The numbers are skewed since last year had 5 XL games in first 16 games compared to 4 thus far for 2022-23. Given the way team is performing and looking at ticket site, I expect sellouts the rest of the way and likely the first time in a decade plus (don't think it has happened since 2012) averaging 11k+ fans per game i.e. greater than capacity of Gampel.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
This is stupid. We plead to play all home games at Gampel (capacity 8241) and then complain that we average 10k. Wtf?

Only in CT.
Gampel’s capacity is just over 10k. It was 8241 up until the 1996.

But I get your point. You want more total attendance numbers? Play in a bigger arena. You want higher sellout %? Play at Gampel.

Reaction Score
I forgot about the seating increase. Still, it doesn’t make sense to compare attendance numbers when the arena of a given school is basically full. You can’t do much about it at that point.

It’s been clear this year that the fan base is responding to having a good team that plays exciting basketball. That’s something most of us were hoping to see.

Reaction Score
I forgot about the seating increase. Still, it doesn’t make sense to compare attendance numbers when the arena of a given school is basically full. You can’t do much about it at that point.

It’s been clear this year that the fan base is responding to having a good team that plays exciting basketball. That’s something most of us were hoping to see.
I just hope this translates into more season ticket holders. Guaranteed revenue for the school will go a long way towards raises for Hurley and the staff

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

I just hope this translates into more season ticket holders. Guaranteed revenue for the school will go a long way towards raises for Hurley and the staff
Do you think the Athletic Dept raises season ticket prices again this offseason?

I vote yes and there will be backlash.

Reaction Score
Do you think the Athletic Dept raises season ticket prices again this offseason?

Probably. You can’t blame them though. Improving the bottom line is critical and we are paying our staff big money to get these results. You get what you pay for.

Reaction Score
There is a plan in place right now to raise season ticket prices. When they rolled out the last one it was over a few years which hasn’t passed yet. But if you are saying that they may raise season ticket prices on top of the already planned raises then yes I agree there would be a backlash

Reaction Score

That would be a good metric. Also would like to see the percentage of capacity. If they are close to 95% it is tough to complain.

Reaction Score

Our season ticket prices are still fairly cheap compared to our peer schools. I don’t have them this season and I’ll tell you what, I’m going to be spending more money on individual game tickets than if I had just bought season tickets. I’m 100% buying them for next season. I live in Boston so I didn’t imagine going to every home game but this team is so fun I’m willing to make the trip every time

Reaction Score
You want a winning team? Need to pay for it. And like someone above said, UConn tickets are relatively cheap compared to professional sports. And many of us get more enjoyment out of UConn men's basketball than some of the professional sports teams we root for.

Reaction Score
There is a plan in place right now to raise season ticket prices. When they rolled out the last one it was over a few years which hasn’t passed yet. But if you are saying that they may raise season ticket prices on top of the already planned raises then yes I agree there would be a backlash
The current plan only incrementally changes the donation amount for the next two years, not the core ticket price not that there is any difference to us and thats for returning Season ticket holders only. They could increase for new buyers w/o issue. If they did increase again for core ticket price when donation amount is already going up next two years would be a bad look.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Arkansas has such high attendance - Most don't think of them as a BB powerhouse- good for them.
On the flip side BC numbers not much better than a high school gym

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Our season ticket prices are still fairly cheap compared to our peer schools. I don’t have them this season and I’ll tell you what, I’m going to be spending more money on individual game tickets than if I had just bought season tickets. I’m 100% buying them for next season. I live in Boston so I didn’t imagine going to every home game but this team is so fun I’m willing to make the trip every time
Other schools have state of the art arenas.

We have the XL Center (which I love, but it’s a dump) and Gampel w/ four bathrooms for 10,000 fans.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
The airports are a mess today, sorry for my complaining.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Arkansas has such high attendance - Most don't think of them as a BB powerhouse- good for them.
On the flip side BC numbers not much better than a high school gym
A lot of the southern and midwestern schools have great attendance. I think it has a lot to do with options. Arkansas doesn’t have a lot of sports teams, so like CT, they love the
state U. Unlike CT, they don’t have any other options in their market. I think we’d see more attendance if CT were more remote. Our fan base follows a lot of local professional teams, People can only consume so much.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
A lot of the southern and midwestern schools have great attendance. I think it has a lot to do with options. Arkansas doesn’t have a lot of sports teams, so like CT, they love the
state U. Unlike CT, they don’t have any other options in their market. I think we’d see more attendance if CT were more remote. Our fan base follows a lot of local professional teams, People can only consume so much.
Great point. I make my way to MLB, NHL, and NBA games...in addition to golf tourneys, ski resorts, and beaches. I can't imagine the entertainment options in Arkansas are that plentiful. I'd be a Razorback fanatic as well.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24