#1 rated 2021 recruit, 7'-1" Chet Holmgren just chose.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#1 rated 2021 recruit, 7'-1" Chet Holmgren just chose....

Reaction Score
Seems to that the consensus on Emoni is that he's on another level, even as a potential #1 pick. Chet/Paulo etc. are worthy consideration as the #1 in their class and obviously really good. But kind of like LeBron, Emoni is just clearly a transcendent talent. Idk if he's an instant all-star like LBJ, but once the kid gets his weight up, he's going to be unbelievable

Edit: according to this article he might even reclass to 2021? Had no idea

He's underwhelmed a bit IMO. I don't think his talent as apparent as LeBron's was nor do I think he's that level of prospect, but then again who is?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He'll feast on the conference opponents but be awful if they play any big games throughout the year. He's what 195 soaking wet? Teams that can be physical with him will cause him issues.
I was thinking something similar. Like to see them in some East Coast rock fights.

Reaction Score
So conference didn't matter.
Exactly. If you build a great program as Gonzaga has and as Villanova has it doesn’t really matter what conference you are in. UConn used to be one of those too...it is the mediocre teams who sell their conference affiliation. people go to Duke because it is Duke. People go to North Carolina because it is North Carolina. People go to Michigan or Ohio State or Villanova or Gonzaga because they are great programs. People go to Seton Hall and Providence because they are in the Big East Or Boston College and Wake Forest because they are in the ACC. In his early years Calhoun recruited kids to play in the Big East. After about 1990 he recruited kids to play for Connecticut. You could have put us in the NEC. Kids would come to play for Calhoun and Connecticut. The opposite can also be true. Syracuse used to recruit kids to play for Syracuse. Now they recruit kids to play in the ACC. And recruiting has suffered. UConn recruits kids to play in the Big East now Which is sad. And that limits who you can get. And a sign of how far we have fallen.

Reaction Score
Exactly. If you build a great program as Gonzaga has and as Villanova has it doesn’t really matter what conference you are in. UConn used to be one of those too...it is the mediocre teams who sell their conference affiliation. people go to Duke because it is Duke. People go to North Carolina because it is North Carolina. People go to Michigan or Ohio State or Villanova or Gonzaga because they are great programs. People go to Seton Hall and Providence because they are in the Big East Or Boston College and Wake Forest because they are in the ACC. In his early years Calhoun recruited kids to play in the Big East. After about 1990 he recruited kids to play for Connecticut. You could have put us in the NEC. Kids would come to play for Calhoun and Connecticut. The opposite can also be true. Syracuse used to recruit kids to play for Syracuse. Now they recruit kids to play in the ACC. And recruiting has suffered. UConn recruits kids to play in the Big East now Which is sad. And that limits who you can get. And a sign of how far we have fallen.

That's changing quickly though. Bouknight going to the league helps. Any 1 of Hawkins, Jackson, Johnson, maybe someone else ends up with an NBA contract and we're looking at our reputation getting back to early 2000s form pretty quick

Reaction Score
I actually think Bates is gonna be great but I'll be surprised if he ever plays for MSU.

Granted, I haven't watched a ton of Holmgren, but the kid is like 7-2 and weighs 45 pounds. Sure, he's Olajuwon compared to most 7 foot plus kids (e.g. Craig Forth) but the idea of him playing on the wing or handling the ball against 6-4 guards on a congested college court seems ridiculous to me. He's not that skilled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom