1 million viewers | The Boneyard

1 million viewers

Reaction Score
If the game was in South Carolina, ESPN would have likely carried the game because they have a contract with the SEC. FOX has a contract with the Big East and are allowed to cherry pick a certain number of games. It is unlikely that ESPN didn't carry the game because they didn't want it but because FOX had dibs on it due to their contract with the Big East. The broadcast rights are based on the conference the home team is in.

Reaction Score
FOX should take this good news and broadcast other top OOC UConn home games on the FOX/FS1 Network. Take the two CBS Sports Network games they broadcast and "if" FOX has the option to pick them games instead of CBS Sports Network they should consider for following years.

Reaction Score
i am delighted that the broadcast attracted over a million viewers! Good for the game, great for the players. I wish more games, Uconn and other teams, gain greater national coverage and viewership. More women’s basketball programs need to become “profitable”.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, this is good news for both FOX and ESPN/ABC. Let's be honest that ESPN has been promoting WCBB for a while and the fruits of their efforts are paying off and should be great for the NCAAT.

Having such a high profile rivalry helps but budding programs like Indiana, Iowa and old stalwarts like Stanford, LSU and Texas can help build the viewership more.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
LSU is an old stalwart in WBB? I was not aware of this.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
FOX should take this good news and broadcast other top OOC UConn home games on the FOX/FS1 Network. Take the two CBS Sports Network games they broadcast and "if" FOX has the option to pick them games instead of CBS Sports Network they should consider for following years.
CBS has an option to carry Big East games that are not covered by Fox and is allowed to pick what games they wish to cover prior to SNY getting their games.

Fox has the first option on Big East games and can televise up to 7 of UConn's games, if they choose less than CBS has the option of televising what FOX does not. SNY gets 18 games to televise. I wish that the last home game was guaranteed to SNY for Senior Night, but it isn't, CBS Sports has it for at least the 3rd time in a row. ESPN also has the right to carry games that are on the road or neutral court if it is a Conference that they have the television rights to or it is like the Hall of Game Showcase on a neutral court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People love to watch good basketball. Geno has always been a great preparation coach and he is also an interesting character. Now Dawn is his nemesis so it makes for great TV. I do agree with posters that the game needs to get rid of the constant grabbing and holding or people will not be interested in watching.

Reaction Score
LSU is an old stalwart in WBB? I was not aware of this.
Never great, but solid years ago.

It was nice to see them get a sellout toed against Tenn. WBB needs sellout crowds.Kim has created a growth market and Cajuns love a winner.

Will be interesting what tv numbers their visit to a sold out CLA in Columbia generates.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
This viewing audience for UCONN - USC game favors well with audiences for Men's regular season college b-ball games.

"With the NFL game as a lead-in the Christmas Day DePaul-Creighton men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.4 rating and 2.99 million viewers on FOX — marking the largest college basketball audience ever on FOX and the most-watched game of the season on any network. The previous season-high was 2.03 million for Kentucky-Michigan State on ESPN in the Champions Classic. Not counting conference tournaments, only one regular season college basketball game in the past three years has averaged a larger audience — North Carolina-Duke in Mike Krzyzewski’s final home game last March (3.98M)."

Reaction Score
a game that was on a good time slot, a network that everyone can watch, and that is not going h2h on nfl like it stupidly does in December got this many ratings? It's almost like the ppl who put the games don't want to see good ratings. But once they find the right time and place they get good ratings, go figure!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom