1 major positive | The Boneyard

1 major positive

Reaction Score
Its been written about, it’s been talked about (#seewhatididthere) but we have a guy in Jalen who at the end of games has the confidence and stones to make big plays.

Maybe I’m trying to convince myself that this season has a pulse but Jalen with the ball at the end of close games im actually very confident he will deliver.

Reaction Score
Its been written about, it’s been talked about (#seewhatididthere) but we have a guy in Jalen who at the end of games has the confidence and stones to make big plays.

Maybe I’m trying to convince myself that this season has a pulse but Jalen with the ball at the end of close games im actually very confident he will deliver.
.....with a guy named Vital....make that TWO major positives!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Can we add Diarra in here too?

13001516.jpeg

Reaction Score
40 minutes. The game is 40 minutes. Ollie needs to drill this into their heads. If this team can't come out and put the screws to Monmouth for 40 minutes then Ollie is not connecting. Ollie survived for years in the NBA by making the most of any opportunity that was presented to him. If he only got 2 minutes in a blow out game it was the best 2 minutes he could muster. Shabazz is doing the same right now for Portland. Shabazz got a bunch of DNPs early in the season and has worked his way up to 12-15 minutes per game.

UConn needs to come out and play like they are down 10 at the tip. This crap of letting the game develop and adjusting to what the other team is doing is outrageous. UConn needs to dictate to pace and intensity of the game, especially against inferior athletes like Columbia and others.

Reaction Score
Jalen has an offensive rating below 100 (which is the national average). I’m not going to laud him for playing well for 25% of every game. He’s been disappointing more often than not so far in my eyes.

Adams is definitely clutch, but he has potential to be much more than just that.

Reaction Score
Jalen was trying to get teammates involved, making passes when he probably could have taken it to the rack, problem is the ball dies on one pass. I thought jalen played ok.

Reaction Score
40 minutes. The game is 40 minutes. Ollie needs to drill this into their heads.
UConn needs to come out and play like they are down 10 at the tip. This crap of letting the game develop and adjusting to what the other team is doing is outrageous. UConn needs to dictate to pace and intensity of the game, especially against inferior athletes like Columbia and others.
Shall I dare reference the women's team?

Reaction Score

So should Ollie just play him for the last 4 minutes of a game OR should he expect/demand that he plays the full 40 minutes?

Reaction Score
So should Ollie just play him for the last 4 minutes of a game OR should he expect/demand that he plays the full 40 minutes?
Part of the problem may be that KO is playing him too many minutes. If you want Jalen to have legs left the last few minutes then he needs to get a blow earlier.

Reaction Score
I think we all know Jalen has the talent, thats the frustrating part. Whats wrong? Why isnt he coming the whole game, or at least more than the last few minutes of the second half in an effort to pull out a win. Lets not get in bad situations! Come out of the gates swinging. I get it that his shot is off sometimes, take it to the hole! We know he can get in there at will. Start the game with a few layups and once you feel good about putting up a few points work out to shooting jumpshots. Our offense is just lazy and Jalen is the leader of the pack imo.

Reaction Score
I think Jalen’s conditioning could be a lot better. This is the 3rd straight year he’s looked visibly winded and more tired than everyone else. Conditioning is something I had wished all the guys would have worked harder at in the offseason. Arkansas was grown men against boys as they were bigger, stronger and tougher at every position.

Reaction Score
I think Jalen’s conditioning could be a lot better. This is the 3rd straight year he’s looked visibly winded and more tired than everyone else. Conditioning is something I had wished all the guys would have worked harder at in the offseason. Arkansas was grown men against boys as they were bigger, stronger and tougher at every position.

I think some of that is him trying to convey how "hard" he's working, how he's "leaving it all on the floor."

I love Adams' skill set, but his dramatics on the floor have become increasingly annoying.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Part of the problem may be that KO is playing him too many minutes. If you want Jalen to have legs left the last few minutes then he needs to get a blow earlier.

Well, he seems to have those legs the last 5 minutes. I don't know if that's because he's coasting the first 35 or not. My guess is no, it's focus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom