• Boston College

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This was tied early in Q2, now Louisville up 12 approaching halftime. Still not what I expected, thought they would be angry after their last game and just destroy BC.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dickens trying to keep BC in it w/ 14. Evans has 12 and Van Lith 11.

Now halftime, 50-38 Cards.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dear lord, I just looked at Louisville's schedule. They will have played two ranked teams by the time of the NCAA tourney. One of those teams is no longer ranked and the other team beat the Cardinals. They've played the likes of UT Martin (twice), Eastern Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, SouthEast Missouri State, and Bellarmine.

Reaction Score
Dear lord, I just looked at Louisville's schedule. They will have played two ranked teams by the time of the NCAA tourney. One of those teams is no longer ranked and the other team beat the Cardinals. They've played the likes of UT Martin (twice), Eastern Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, SouthEast Missouri State, and Bellarmine.

Yet everyone says UConn plays cupcakes

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just noticed, looks like no Cochran or Balogun for Louisville today. Not needed, up 24 early in Q4. Evans got 20+ again, seems almost automatic.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Just noticed, looks like no Cochran or Balogun for Louisville today. Not needed, up 24 early in Q4. Evans got 20+ again, seems almost automatic.
Balogun has temporarily left the team to be with the Nigerian National Team. Cochran suffered an injury and is being held out tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
97-68 final. 23 for Evans, 15 for Hailey Van Lith, 14 for K. Smith.

For BC Soule had 20 and Dickens 17, but not nearly enough scoring from anybody else.

Reaction Score
You do realize that the majority of those games were fill in games due to the cancellations and COVID shutdowns. It seems like you're implying that Louisville scheduled cupcakes for the sake it.

Reaction Score
You do realize that the majority of those games were fill in games due to the cancellations and COVID shutdowns. It seems like you're implying that Louisville scheduled cupcakes for the sake it.
Well said sivad40.

You will recall that we had a game scheduled against UConn. I think that they're pretty good, aren't they? We also had a game scheduled against Kentucky. They're a legitimate Top 25 team.

It is unfortunate that the ACC is down this year, at least as regards rankings.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well said sivad40.

You will recall that we had a game scheduled against UConn. I think that they're pretty good, aren't they? We also had a game scheduled against Kentucky. They're a legitimate Top 25 team.

It is unfortunate that the ACC is down this year, at least as regards rankings.
Plus the big 10 weaseled out of the ACC/big 10 challenge.. Louisville would have been scheduled to play a top 2 Big 10 team. The criticism of Louisville's non conference schedule this year is horsecrap

Reaction Score
Gimme a break. It's not that hard to schedule a quality replacement game on the fly this season. See UConn/Arkansas.

Reaction Score
Gotta defend Jeff on this one. It was well documented that he went to great lengths to schedule replacement games. This includes getting Depaul to play on short notice when UConn fell through. It was a running joke by broadcasters on every game early in the season.

Reaction Score
Plus the big 10 weaseled out of the ACC/big 10 challenge.. Louisville would have been scheduled to play a top 2 Big 10 team. The criticism of Louisville's non conference schedule this year is horsecrap
Yet the BIG 10 somehow was able to justify the men's version of the challenge. That really ticked me off.

Reaction Score
Gotta defend Jeff on this one. It was well documented that he went to great lengths to schedule replacement games. This includes getting Depaul to play on short notice when UConn fell through. It was a running joke by broadcasters on every game early in the season.
No one is saying Walz didn’t pull out all the stops to get good games. Fact is L’ville hasn’t played many currently ranked teams. Walz did everything he could but they still have few quality wins. Rest of schedule only has Ga Tech as a possible quality win IF Tech ends up ranked.

Reaction Score
L’ville scheduled cupcakes but offered plenty of top teams like Arizona who declined and openly admitting they weren’t going to take a young team and play L’ville. L’ville did go on the road to play Missouri St admittedly not a powerhouse but in and out of rankings this year.

Reaction Score
Gimme a break. It's not that hard to schedule a quality replacement game on the fly this season. See UConn/Arkansas.
UConn also rescheduled a game and played UMass. What's the difference?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
No one is saying Walz didn’t pull out all the stops to get good games. Fact is L’ville hasn’t played many currently ranked teams. Walz did everything he could but they still have few quality wins. Rest of schedule only has Ga Tech as a possible quality win IF Tech ends up ranked.
Just because a team isn't ranked doesn't mean they're not a good team. That makes it sound like teams that aren't ranked lose a beauty contest. There are only 25 slots available in the rankings.

Reaction Score
Just because a team isn't ranked doesn't mean they're not a good team. That makes it sound like teams that aren't ranked lose a beauty contest. There are only 25 slots available in the rankings.
That’s true but Clemson, NC, Syracuse, Miami, Wake Forest, Va Tech, ND and Fl St aren’t in the category of a quality win IMO. Ga Tech is. There’s three good teams in ACC and that’s being generous and all have their weaknesses.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UMASS is pretty good this year in their conference

So is Northern Kentucky... first place in the Horizon. So is UT-Martin... 1st place in the Ohio Valley.

Reaction Score
So is Northern Kentucky... first place in the Horizon. So is UT-Martin... 1st place in the Ohio Valle
Yeah I was being a bit sarcastic with the UMass mention. I’m sure N. KY and UT Martin are nice squads. Saw all three games played vs L’ville. It was the same or better competition than Boston College this year. BC had a dream year last year taking advantage of a diluted ACC like Syracuse and NC. They even beat Fl St last year which was a huge feat. They miss Emma Guy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah I was being a bit sarcastic with the UMass mention. I’m sure N. KY and UT Martin are nice squads. Saw all three games played vs L’ville. It was the same or better competition than Boston College this year.

Thats a darn shame..... Boston College has been a letdown this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom