#1 in KenPom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
1000013737.jpg

Reaction Score
This is great. The best thing, though, is we don't need anybody to tell us that we're the best team in the country. We all know the truth, so do they, and any other argument is arguing just to argue.
This does, however, give further ammunition for the Committee to rightfully slot us in at #1 overall, which means that the best plausible team we'd encounter before the championship game is UNC, Tennessee, or Arizona, who all looked unimpressive this week.

Reaction Score
I believe this is the highest we've ever been in KenPom, but day by day data isn't available pre 2011. We're almost a full point above where 99 finished after beating the juggernaut 99 Duke team, and I doubt they were ever higher than after they best that team (which is the highest team ever in KenPom by a wide margin).

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, a Purdoofus on "Hammer and Rails" is arguing that the committee should still assign Purdue the overall 1-seed because of their incredible resume. Samford and Morehead State are mentioned unironically. Also, Kolek was out, and it is known Marquette would have beaten UConn at home/at MSG with Kolek. (No mention of UConn's injuries vs Kansas and Seton Hall late last fall, though.)

Why don't they just give Purdue a bye until the regional finals? It's so unfair.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, a Purdoofus on "Hammer and Rails" is arguing that the committee should still assign Purdue the overall 1-seed because of their incredible resume. Samford and Morehead State are mentioned unironically. Also, Kolek was out, and it is known Marquette would have beaten UConn at home/at MSG with Kolek. (No mention of UConn's injuries vs Kansas and Seton Hall late last fall, though.)

Why don't they just give Purdue a bye until the regional finals? It's so unfair.
Even with a BYE they would still figure out a way to lose

Reaction Score
This does, however, give further ammunition for the Committee to rightfully slot us in at #1 overall, which means that the best plausible team we'd encounter before the championship game is UNC, Tennessee, or Arizona, who all looked unimpressive this week.
Depends on how they slot Iowa State, who has looked pretty damn good. I'm hoping they're either the last 1 or the best 2 (which puts them away from us). That said, worrying about E8 and FF is a fool's errand, and by that time all the teams are good teams.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is great. The best thing, though, is we don't need anybody to tell us that we're the best team in the country. We all know the truth, so do they, and any other argument is arguing just to argue.

Kinda nice that it’s not even an argument anymore. (Whiny Purdue fans notwithstanding.)

Reaction Score
Depends on how they slot Iowa State, who has looked pretty damn good. I'm hoping they're either the last 1 or the best 2 (which puts them away from us). That said, worrying about E8 and FF is a fool's errand, and by that time all the teams are good teams.
That dumb áss Lunardi has Iowa St as the 2 in the east.

Reaction Score
And Borzello's story from the wee hours of this morning incorrectly states that Houston is still #1 in KenPom. It's like they don't even try.

Reaction Score
#1 offense vs. #1 defense would be a hell of a matchup, hopefully not until the Final Four, but yes, only about a 25% chance of materializing anyway.

Reaction Score
Feels very unlikely. I don’t really see the argument for Purdue or Houston as the number one overall seed and presumably Iowa State is the top 2 seed or the last one seed (much less likely). Committee does some weird stuff, but feels unlikely that we get them in our bracket.

Reaction Score
Feels very unlikely. I don’t really see the argument for Purdue or Houston as the number one overall seed and presumably Iowa State is the top 2 seed or the last one seed (much less likely). Committee does some weird stuff, but feels unlikely that we get them in our bracket.
The only real argument is that it was decided before yesterday's games. Which is dumb, but has happened before

Reaction Score
The only real argument is that it was decided before yesterday's games. Which is dumb, but has happened before
If the Committee's process is designed to not account for a 30-point loss by one #1 seed, a loss to an unranked team by another #1 seed, and a third #1 seed beating a top 10 team by 16, then that process needs to be overhauled. If they're that lazy, they need to revamp the whole thing.

Reaction Score
Correct. But being sports, this is fuuunn for as long as it lasts. Enjoy the moment.
Perfectly fair. But is it o.k. if I enjoy winning basketball games and trophies and not what people or computers think of us while we're doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom