OT: - #1 D or #1 O | The Boneyard

OT: #1 D or #1 O

Reaction Score
Since we can finally discuss, who do we match up better against? I think it's definitely ISU. I will always choose to play the elite defensive team that has trouble scoring rather than the elite offensive team. We have not shot the 3 well the last 2 games and i really dont want to get in a shoot out with Illinois. ISU is also a bad defensive rebounding team and we just got 20+ offensive boards against SDSU.

As i type this illinois is already up 11-2. yikes.

Reaction Score
This Illini team reminds me of their ‘89 team with Anderson, Gill, Bardo, Liberty, and Battle.

Reaction Score
I think defense would carry over better with a short rest and scouting period. So I'd rather face the Illinois. We still beat either team on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd rather play against a better defensive team than a better offensive team. I mean you gotta know UConn will wear down both teams, but what happens if the better offensive team goes from shooting 70% and reduces to 50% in the 2nd half?

The better defensive team will foul and slow down.

Reaction Score
Since we can finally discuss, who do we match up better against? I think it's definitely ISU. I will always choose to play the elite defensive team that has trouble scoring rather than the elite offensive team. We have not shot the 3 well the last 2 games and i really dont want to get in a shoot out with Illinois. ISU is also a bad defensive rebounding team and we just got 20+ offensive boards against SDSU.

As i type this illinois is already up 11-2. yikes.
Not shoot threes the last two games? We made 10 tonight, pretty good IMO.

Reaction Score
Feels like we’ll be playing Illinois, regardless of who we want. Important to remember, if it is them, a suspect defense is going to be asked to prepare to face UConn’s offense with one day of prep.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd rather play against a better defensive team than a better offensive team. I mean you gotta know UConn will wear down both teams, but what happens if the better offensive team goes from shooting 70% and reduces to 50% in the 2nd half?

The better defensive team will foul and slow down.
Completely agree. ISU doesn't look like they can score (and the moment is too big for them) against a porous Illini D. As the color commentator has said also, they look small.

The teams that beat us this season all did it by shooting >50%. Illinois has a far better chance of doing that than ISU, IMO.

Reaction Score
I think defense would carry over better with a short rest and scouting period. So I'd rather face the Illinois.
but that's why ISU is a better matchup. our D will shut them down since they already have trouble scoring and we can just grow a lead little by little. but even against our great D Illinois could still manage to get enough points on the board if a guy like shannon gets hot and we go cold

Last edited:
Reaction Score
damn. oh well, wasnt that impressed by illinois and they'll be better prep for possible matchups with Bama and Purdue. we're #1 in offense now and could end up playing the #2, #4, and #3 ranked offenses in a row...

Reaction Score
damn. oh well, wasnt that impressed by illinois and they'll be better prep for possible matchups with Bama and Purdue. we're #1 in offense now and could end up playing the #2, #4, and #3 ranked offenses in a row...
That is the proper attitude. Good opportunity to get the offense going full throttle.

Reaction Score
Iowa State is the worst offense I have ever seen. Their offense couldn't beat a good high school team. They were horrible.

Reaction Score
Before this started, I would’ve preferred Illinois to Iowa state or Auburn. But after watching Iowa st tonight I don’t know. That being said I don’t think Illinois can stop us

Reaction Score
UConn v Illinois. Can Castle shutdown/slow down Shannon? That will be a rock fight. Need him to play his best defense game against Illinois' #1 offensive threat. Also Clingan has got to stay out of foul trouble and Karaban needs to muscle up against Hawkins. Newton and Spencer can handle Domask. Win these three battles and win the game.

Reaction Score
Karaban needs to muscle up against Hawkins
i agree i dont like the hawkins v AK matchup but hawkins is the starting C and guerrier (ex-cuse player) is the starting PF. he's a much better matchup for AK. hawkins can move to PF when dainja is on the floor but dainja only averages 10 mpg (even tho he played 18 tonight).

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
This Illini team reminds me of their ‘89 team with Anderson, Gill, Bardo, Liberty, and Battle.
Haha, yeah okay! Tell me more about how this will be the next super team we’ll face.

Reaction Score
Haha, yeah okay! Tell me more about how this will be the next super team we’ll face.
I’m not sure where you’re reading “super team” in that statement. Did that ‘89 team win it all? No. No they didn’t. They had a collection of guys that were in the 6’6”-6’8” range that were athletic and could score. Without what one would call a true point guard. THAT is what I was saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom