1-7 and 6 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1-7 and 6

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah. We get it, keyboard Warrior. He also hit several big shots and several other that were taken away by fouls.
Bottom line? We are worse without him. Key. Board. Warrior.

Telling AG he is handing over the keys and is taking a subordinate role for the rest of the season wouldn't crack the top 100 conversations I've had with kids his age and what they need to do to make an organization succeed.

Reaction Score
My primary issue with AG, was his shushing the Houston crowd. He made a joke of himself. I hope some Cougars fan make a lowlight video of his play from that point on.

Reaction Score
Was the best defender on the court both teams has been the best defender on our team all year if he sits we lose by 20 or more every game bc we still wouldn’t be able to score and then we would be a terrible defensive team as well

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We get into winning situations with him, then he makes devastating mistakes. The offense grinds to a halt without him, and outside Bouk no one else can create, so what do you do?

put in the kid from Southington to take a three at the buzzer

or play Gaffney and Adams

Reaction Score
Was the best defender on the court both teams has been the best defender on our team all year if he sits we lose by 20 or more every game bc we still wouldn’t be able to score and then we would be a terrible defensive team as well
Absolute nonsense!

Reaction Score
He defense abilities are overwhelmed by his offensive liabilities. If he is gonna be ojt there for defense, then just have him stand in a corner and not touch the ball on offense.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It is what it is. We're not a tournament team until we turn over the roster.

Reaction Score
The game was real chippy. He was probable catching crap all night from players and the crowd. Cut the kid some slack. You do silly things in the heat of competing. Especially after you make a big play. I didn’t care for it either but damn it’s not that big a deal.

Reaction Score
I’m sure I know a lot more than you. To say they’d lose every game by 20 is totally asinine. He’s a great on ball defender but offensively is one of the worst PGs in college basketball.

Reaction Score
He defense abilities are overwhelmed by his offensive liabilities. If he is gonna be ojt there for defense, then just have him stand in a corner and not touch the ball on offense.
And he is the best ball handler on the team what are you talking about gaffney is not ready yet to run the team

Reaction Score
And he is the best ball handler on the team what are you talking about gaffney is not ready yet to run the team
I have to admit: it was absolutely painful watching Gaffney try to handle the ball playing point tonight, and, to a lesser extent, all season. Gilbert doesn't have the goods, but he's all we have right now.

Reaction Score
He needs to play. No one else on this team can handle the ball the way he can. Players make plays or at least try to make plays. No one else can create like him. If he's 6'3 he's unstoppable, but he's diminutive. His missed free throws all night were crushing, especially when it became a free throw shooting contest. But don't knock the kid for trying to make plays to help his team win. It's a game.

Reaction Score
Yeah. We get it, keyboard Warrior. He also hit several big shots and several other that were taken away by fouls.
Bottom line? We are worse without him. Key. Board. Warrior.
He hit several big shots? That’s your argument? He hit THREE shots out of 11 and 4 out of 18 if you count free throws. He hit one big 3. Any starting PG who takes 18 shots should hit 4,

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I didn’t get to watch the game but we pretty much held Houston close with D
Gilbert is the best on ball defender .
I never saw him as a great PG but the kid is the heart of the D .
Sit Gilbert and he won’t cost us in tight games , then again Houston bests us by 20 without him.
Gilbert absolutely needs to get credit for his defensive efforts, and so does the team, quite frankly. At one point, I checked the Coogfans board and they were saying in the first half "UConn can't possibly play defense at this level for the whole game"...but we did.

Reaction Score
AG seems like a modest kid. The whole shooshing thing to me was him finally making a shot and trying to feel like the player he was supposed to be. I feel bad for the kid. His shooting woes this year have really brought him down. I thought he used to be a good FT shooter too. Being one dimensional and the court not spreading or having passing targets has really limited his offensive capabilities. He doesn't seem to be adjusting well either. Not sure what the answer is, and maybe something can click, but his defense is awesome and Gaffney really struggles ball handling.

Reaction Score
Can’t miss the freebies, especially when you’re working so hard to get fouled and get to the line .. it was a close game and we lost by 4 .... we should’ve won but another lesson on many learned this year I guess ... I still like AG .... the bigger question is Carlton not being effective at all I mean damn , w got nothing from him and yes Whaley had a good showing but just imagine if we had Carlton going also , we were getting killed on the boards 42 to 28 is crazy ... but am I surprised nope

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom