1/16/2020 - The Geno Auriemma Show | The Boneyard

1/16/2020 - The Geno Auriemma Show

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The show would be very different if it was taped 2 weeks later. :oops:

Reaction Score
I know Geno must have always been that way but I don't think I could play with someone constantly screaming from the sideline like that. Either I would tune him out or I would be scared of doing the wrong thing or I would be too busy listening to the sideline instruction and forget my instinct. That's just me. I am sure the players must be used to it.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Maria did well.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting, MJL. Geno's "revert back" made me cringe but I always enjoy the show.

Reaction Score
Another great show. Geno really is amazing at analyzing his team. His nugget on why we won't pass to Anna may explain some of the reasons the team is not passing to her if she just stands there (my guess at least).

Reaction Score
I know Geno must have always been that way but I don't think I could play with someone constantly screaming from the sideline like that. Either I would tune him out or I would be scared of doing the wrong thing or I would be too busy listening to the sideline instruction and forget my instinct. That's just me. I am sure the players must be used to it.
I'm not so sure. Like the boy crying "Wolf"! after awhile I think they tune him out. Many of the better coaches are not screamers. What has always bothered me most about his sideline antics is the throwing up of the arms and turning his back to the court, as if to suggest that "these players just won't do what I've told them to do"! I find myself yelling at the screen; " Hey Geno, stop screaming and blaming the players, and do some coaching"!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure. Like the boy crying "Wolf"! after awhile I think they tune him out. Many of the better coaches are not screamers. What has always bothered me most about his sideline antics is the throwing up of the arms and turning his back to the court, as if to suggest that "these players just won't do what I've told them to do"! I find myself yelling at the screen; " Hey Geno, stop screaming and blaming the players, and do some coaching"!
For some reason, this behavior is all too common among basketball coaches, both male and female. It might be a carryover from game time antics, trying to intimidate the referees.

Does anyone else remember back in the early seventies when Title Nine was first implemented? High School Girl's basketball coaches were not allowed to question anything during a game. It was surreal. When was that rule relaxed, if ever?

Reaction Score
Geno is old-school. So was Calhoun. I dont know if these methods work as well with today's "entitled" Generation Z. All the kids want instant gratification, without putting in the long hours of failing to succeed. I know I'm generalizing, but thats the trend I'm seeing.

Reaction Score

they def tune him out. My daughter was yelled at for years. Took her to get to college to tune out but she did. And had the best 4 years of her basketball career.

Reaction Score
So, I’ve read several posters saying Meg won’t pass to Anna. 2 things...Are you the same posters that said Kia won’t pass to Lou. And ya might want to watch this

Reaction Score
Guess you never played any ball. Too sensitive ?

Reaction Score
This the same guy who produced more professional player, more Olympic players and most importantly wonderful and thankful young women. Meanie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom