0-2 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before the Super Bowl era, the Giants were 4-11 in league championship games. I give the Giants their credit, especially for what they've done for the NFL. Even with a QB so physically gifted but only wants to be a warrior when he wants to be. Probably when he is thinking of Daddy.

Overall, the Giants are 8-12 in championship games and the Patriots are 3-4. NFL championship games were created by a tie in the standings in 1932. Took 12 years to create a championship game.

Reaction Score
Going by the rule book, that was a legitimate safety. As stupid as it sounds. And I am a Patriots fan, too. This game was ours to be had. Brady has been exposed for lacking a long pass. If we stuck with short passes, we would have won.

Uh, a long pass to who? I mean, there is no person on the Patriots who can do what Manningham can. Switch Nicks and Welker for just that one play and that's a completion. Talking nothing away from Welker, I think the world of him, but 6'1 he ain't!

Reaction Score
Uh, a long pass to who? I mean, there is no person on the Patriots who can do what Manningham can. Switch Nicks and Welker for just that one play and that's a completion. Talking nothing away from Welker, I think the world of him, but 6'1 he ain't!
Gronkowski, at least. That pass was intercepted because it was too short. Welker is a very good short yardage WR. We REALLY should have stuck with short passes until we got a comfortable lead. That was just so stupid of Brady.

Brady also tried a long pass against the Ravens and that also got intercepted. Eli has insane accuracy when it comes to long passes. And a superior group of WRs. That was the difference in the game. Patriots really should have taken advantage of short passes and/or runs in their second to last possession.

Reaction Score
Gronkowski, at least. That pass was intercepted because it was too short. Welker is a very good short yardage WR. We REALLY should have stuck with short passes until we got a comfortable lead. That was just so stupid of Brady.

Brady also tried a long pass against the Ravens and that also got intercepted. Eli has insane accuracy when it comes to long passes. And a superior group of WRs. That was the difference in the game. Patriots really should have taken advantage of short passes and/or runs in their second to last possession.

Disagree with this again.

Gronk was 50 yards downfield. Brady can throw that far, but not if he doesn't set his feet. He had a defender bearing down on him. If he sets his feet and gathers himself to throw that ball, it doesn't even come out of his hands. As it was, he threw it and was clocked a millisecond later.

That was also a broken play obviously since Brady escaped the sack and was then outside the pocket. I don't disagree with you about the short passes. But I think the lack of a deep game has more to do with the receivers than it does Brady.

Eli gets credit for accuracy? Look, I think Eli deserved MVP and played great, but he also drove balls into the ground. If Brady were making the same kind of throws, everyone would ask, "What is wrong with him?" Instead, he pinpoints 22 passes in a row and people like Rob Parker claim he played horribly.

On the throw to Manningham, watch the replay again. I think you'll be surprised to see Manningham slow up and adjust to the ball that was thrown short. He beat Moore by five yards early in that route, but by the time he slowed down to adjust that ball to Eli's throw, Moore was on his back and even chopped his arm down. Manningham made a fantastic adjustment and a great catch, got his feet in bounds. This isn't a knock on Eli, because I don't expect QBs to throw a long ball like that into a window. That's incredibly difficult (50 yard throws into a one foot window). Instead, it's up to your WR to adjust and come down with the ball. Not a single player on the Patriots could possibly do that other than Ochocinco, and he's done.

As for running on the second to last series, the last thing they should have done was show a running set with no WRs, handoff to BJGE who loses 2 yards because the Giants stacked the line. 2nd and 3rd and long for Brady. O'Brien made a bonehead decision there to take time off the clock and run it. At least threaten play-action or handoff from the shotgun if you're going to run it. Ridiculous play call.

Reaction Score
I am not an Eli fan. He is nothing that special. His brother is a better passer. But he does have arm strength and enough accuracy. I had some dumb@$$es condemn me for clarifying that. Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin should get in the HoF before him. Whatever the deal, the Patriots are the favorites next year. We need more defensive players (Sterling Moore is pretty damn good) and at least one freak of nature WR. Four picks in the first two rounds for the Patriots in the upcoming draft.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Giants have more super bowl trophies than the Patriots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I am not an Eli fan. He is nothing that special. His brother is a better passer. But he does have arm strength and enough accuracy. I had some dumb@$$es condemn me for clarifying that. Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin should get in the HoF before him. Whatever the deal, the Patriots are the favorites next year. We need more defensive players (Sterling Moore is pretty damn good) and at least one freak of nature WR. Four picks in the first two rounds for the Patriots in the upcoming draft.

I normally like your posts, but in this thread.....I'll just say, not your greatest BY moments.

Reaction Score
I normally like your posts, but in this thread.....I'll just say, not your greatest BY moments.
It's ok, I can live with it.

JaYnCe...NY Giants trivia: what year were the Giants founded??

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
the football team was incorporated as the "New York National League Football Company, Inc." in 1929 and changed to "New York Football Giants, Inc." in 1937

- Wikipedia

Reaction Score
the football team was incorporated as the "New York National League Football Company, Inc." in 1929 and changed to "New York Football Giants, Inc." in 1937

- Wikipedia

(Buzzer goes off. Knew you would use Wikipedia...)

You are incorrect. They were an expansion franchise in the NFL in 1925. I have a friend who had a great-uncle on the first-year Giants. Wikipedia even says 1925. They won their first NFL championship in 1927.

"The Giants played their first game as an away game against All New Britain in New Britain, Connecticut, on October 4, 1925."

We have way more "tradition" than people think in little CT. Hartford had an NFL franchise in 1926 called the Hartford Blues. There were only in the NFL for one year. Played independently before and after 1926, otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Blues

The Pottsville Maroons moved to Boston in 1929 to become the Boston Bulldogs, and folded after one year in Boston. There's some people who think the Bulldogs and the Washington Redskins are connected after the Boston franchise was resurrected as the Boston Braves in 1932, then were renamed the Boston Redskins/Washington Redskins. Some others think it was the Duluth Eskimos who became the Boston Braves. Yes, multiple NFL teams named themselves after MLB teams. Would have to research old newspapers to see if any association with franchises from the 1920s is true. The Maroons and Braves/Redskins franchises do share the same primary color, maroon.

Reaction Score
Congratulations. Your posts on Eli are still baseless and idiotic.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Butchy, in all honesty- I don't care.

Reaction Score
Ernie Accorsi was responsible for acquiring Eli Manning and building the team that won the super bowl the year after he retired. Not Jerry Reese (who has done a fine job since taking over, but by no means has an HOF career, yet).

Reaction Score

Obviously. All you care for is the Giants get a Super Bowl win so you can talk. lol

Reaction Score
ELI SUCKS. NOW GO CRY.
Why would I cry about you continuing to make yourself look like a moron with the attacks on Eli? Tears of laughter at the bitter Pats fans maybe.

Reaction Score
ELI SUCKS. NOW GO CRY.

The only ones that are crying are Pats fans whats wrong you cant handle the fact that Eli beat your team in the superbowl twice and did it in Foxboro this year as well, he ripped out your heart 3 times in a row.

Reaction Score
The only ones that are crying are Pats fans whats wrong you cant handle the fact that Eli beat your team in the superbowl twice and did it in Foxboro this year as well, he ripped out your heart 3 times in a row.
I am not that hardcore. Notice I said the Giants deserve the trophy for what they've done for the NFL and Brady has flaws, too. Damn, can you people read? All I said Eli doesn't have a warrior mentality except for some fourth quarters or whenever else. Just saying that drives Giants fans bat-, whining.

Reaction Score

I can't help but notice that you only ever post when you have a completely arrogant comment that will rile people up.

Reaction Score
Why would I cry about you continuing to make yourself look like a moron with the attacks on Eli? Tears of laughter at the bitter Pats fans maybe.
Well, you ARE a moron. Do you get shaken up, like Eli, when posting on message boards?

Reaction Score
I can't help but notice that you only ever post when you have a completely arrogant comment that will rile people up.
Ding...ding...ding. Clueless people blowing their horns. "WE WON! Wait, since when were we playing??" lol

Reaction Score
Well, you ARE a moron. Do you get shaken up, like Eli, when posting on message boards?

Yes, I'm shook at the thought of you, full of geritol, prunes, and useless football trivia, posting drivel on a message board.

I know you're doing this all in fun, and I am too. But I'm not laughing with you Butchy, I'm laughing at you.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Obviously. All you care for is the Giants get a Super Bowl win so you can talk. lol

I just hate Boston teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member