► Should we grovel at the feet of the ACC - - for acceptance ?? | The Boneyard

► Should we grovel at the feet of the ACC - - for acceptance ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
► After all, The UConn President did! ( It still pisses me off)

Seriously, if we were offered a slot in the ACC would we -- should we - join ?

Groveling.jpg

Reaction Score
no

I think that dominating the Big East could be a very comfortable place to be.

Reaction Score
no

I think that dominating the Big East could be a very comfortable place to be.

also likely a poverish place to be...If Big East gets a direct access to Bowl Game I at least would consider sticking there, but i think the oppurtunity to get paid 8-10 more to beat BC every year is worth it alone.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The short answer is yes, accept in a heartbeat. There's no room for antiquated hurt feelings when, if offered, it would be a lifeline.

Reaction Score
Only way we get invited in the ACC is if ND joins in FB. The ACC won't go for a 15 team football league.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You can't be serious..................
Eh, Dr. Dos has been around for a while, but perhaps he hasn't checked out the conference realignment board till now.

Reaction Score
Eh, Dr. Dos has been around for a while, but perhaps he hasn't checked out the conference realignment board till now.

Question to all:

Did she really "grovel?" I remember very negative press accounts describing SH's contact with the ACC. I also remember thinking that hyperbole was probably ruling the media and that her contacts with other conferences were being mis-characterized. So, did she "beg?" Did she "grovel?" Hell, did she even use the word "please?" My guess is that SH was doing her job by letting her peers and conference reps know that UCONN is interested in joining the whatever conference. She was probably positioning the school for the next "go-around" which is exactly what she's supposed to do.

If someone overheard a conversation that included good "grovel," I'm wrong. But what we've seen of SH is not indicative of a person that begs for anything.

Reaction Score
As long as she gets us out of the mess that the Big East is becoming, I don't really care how she does it. If it requires grovelling I'm ok with that.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Question to all:

Did she really "grovel?" I remember very negative press accounts describing SH's contact with the ACC. I also remember thinking that hyperbole was probably ruling the media and that her contacts with other conferences were being mis-characterized. So, did she "beg?" Did she "grovel?" Hell, did she even use the word "please?" My guess is that SH was doing her job by letting her peers and conference reps know that UCONN is interested in joining the whatever conference. She was probably positioning the school for the next "go-around" which is exactly what she's supposed to do.

If someone overheard a conversation that included good "grovel," I'm wrong. But what we've seen of SH is not indicative of a person that begs for anything.
I actually think she was fine. Expressed an interest and that was it. Then our (and by that I mean your) fearless govenor got decided to chime in and did so in an incredibly tone deaf manner. Some of the stank from that crapfest spilled onto Herbst.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Fairtides, you're correct - the whole begging thing was a boneyard meme that got its legs last year, when nelsonmuntz (who is solidly pro-NNBE) complained about the possibility of UConn / Herbst lobbying to get in the ACC. If I recall, it was nelson who coined the term beg harder, which became #BegHarder, and was then adopted by the boneyarders in favor of lobbying the ACC in a semi-ironic way (I guess the anti-ACC faction also uses it ironically.) So there's no report of Herbst actually begging/groveling, but there was reporting of her working the phones and using her contacts (if that makes any difference to you).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Fairtides, you're correct - the whole begging thing was a boneyard meme that got its legs last year, when nelsonmuntz (who is solidly pro-NNBE) complained about the possibility of UConn / Herbst lobbying to get in the ACC. If I recall, it was nelson who coined the term beg harder, which became #BegHarder, and was then adopted by the boneyarders in favor of lobbying the ACC in a semi-ironic way (I guess the anti-ACC faction also uses it ironically.) So there's no report of Herbst actually begging/groveling, but there was reporting of her working the phones and using her contacts (if that makes any difference to you).

Since that moment, we've had: ClapHarder, CheerHarder, WhineHarder, and now GrovelHarder. Can't wait to see how else it morphs over time. I'm still a proud supporter of the ClapHarder movement (no matter what, I believe that UConn will rule the world if I just keep clapping...)

Reaction Score
John Swofford has said it's illogical to add a 16 team because it would give the ACC an odd number of FB teams. Just not going to happen.

Reaction Score
The answer I want to say is blow me, but the ACC doesn't want to hear that. However when I asked them, How about an ACC BB quarter final UNC vs Duke and Cuse vs UConn - winner take all. They came in their pants and said why play a National final.

THAT IS THE TRUTH BB WISE. \\

FB wise it will just take UConn a few more years to catch up, the response is, "You havn't really played D1 fb that long." "Maybe 8/10 years". "Wow that's interesting!!"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Since that moment, we've had: ClapHarder, CheerHarder, WhineHarder, and now GrovelHarder. Can't wait to see how else it morphs over time. I'm still a proud supporter of the ClapHarder movement (no matter what, I believe that UConn will rule the world if I just keep clapping...)

slash/harder... props hfd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger