“Unbelievable” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

“Unbelievable”

Reaction Score
Hurley is a child and an absolute embarrassment. ‘I guess I shouldn’t have said unbelievable’ is the kind of a 7 year old would pull. Grow up. Leader of men smh. He also happens to be a damn good basketball coach so I will deal will him being a loser. Can his relative who posts here shake some sense into his hollow head?
Out of bounds. Leave his family out of it.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a child and an absolute embarrassment. ‘I guess I shouldn’t have said unbelievable’ is the kind of a 7 year old would pull. Grow up. Leader of men smh. He also happens to be a damn good basketball coach so I will deal will him being a loser. Can his relative who posts here shake some sense into his hollow head?
Yes, if only he responded to questions about technicals like his HOF predecessor Jim Calhoun:

“…He's writing down that I was laughing and he said, 'I interpret that as making fun of the official.' So, I guess, we're going to now go on what we're thinking. I could have been laughing … maybe I had gas."

Reaction Score
The Hurley warning for being on the court was with around 4 minutes left in the second half and he was on the court way more than Miller was during the game.

Can you explain the college defensive 3 second rule to me?
This isn’t a stopped play official warning, it was just the ref speaking to Hurley during the play while Miller was doing the same thing with the same ref on the other side of the court and there was no discussion. It happened around 2 minutes into the game.

And yeah, my bad I added the defensive 3 seconds, no rule for NCAA there, just high school and NBA. Hurley needs to stop running the same play on the opening possession anyway.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yes, if only he responded to questions about technicals like his HOF predecessor Jim Calhoun:

“…He's writing down that I was laughing and he said, 'I interpret that as making fun of the official.' So, I guess, we're going to now go on what we're thinking. I could have been laughing … maybe I had gas."

what r u yammering on aboot with the jc and geno comps?
they have 'unbelievable' resumes, indicating that their methods culminated in great success.
danny has won squat.
ur starting to sound like john fanboy.
and, oh, after a challenging game ending with a tough loss, the vast, overwhelming, and inarguable majority of posts here since then are aboot danny. tele novelas are a tv thing, not a hoops thing.
u can look it up. or, just listen.
and tell hans while ur at it. he's been going full pretzle trying to make sense of this nonsense. iffn he keeps it up, he'll hurt his back. he acts like he trying to protect an abused puppy, or the cop handing out waaay tooo many parking tix on the night before xmas near the stores.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I would like to think if that was the case then the league’s head of refereeing would give hell to the ref who called the T.

I’m not blaming Hurley, but man learn to pick your battles. Bitching about every call is tiresome and Unproductive.

Where the heck is his Dad/Wife/Brother to explain this?
If it has to be explained to him at this point in his career he should hang it up
It wasn't the T but it didn't help
What killed him was his ridiculous reluctance to recognize matchups and use his "depth" - he freaks out under pressure

Reaction Score

Totally the same situation. Hurr durr you still have time to delete this. Am I doing your lame twitter speak right?

Reaction Score
You'd have done better pointing out that I carelessly left in a double negative that canceled out my point.

I don't dispute that, "Grow up" might represent a strong majority POV, just that it's an unlikely motivator that often represents a different emotionally immature take...and that few like to hear it or respond well to it.

The case for certain behaviors and patterns being counterproductive has already been made.

What's the case for 'boosting' it with a pejorative that often exacerbates things by making recipients defensive on the lesser point?

t rajendar confused - Imgflip

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
all this shows that, once again, dannys support is very wide, yet very thin.
the complete opposite of an iceberg.
it takes time, a lot of it, to be an iceberg.
jc? iceberg. geno? beyond iceberg, mebbe Greenland, or jay peak.
danny? november pond ice.
im not 'against him' as i think it possible for us to win stuff with him at the helm. i just would like to have conversations aboot basketball and not cookies, sage, and the over/under for how many games before he throws a chair, and sez it's the chair's fault.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
what r u yammering on aboot with the jc and geno comps?
they have 'unbelievable' resumes, indicating that their methods culminated in great success.
danny has won squat.
ur starting to sound like john fanboy.
and, oh, after a challenging game ending with a tough loss, the vast, overwhelming, and inarguable majority of posts here since then are aboot danny. tele novelas are a tv thing, not a hoops thing.
u can look it up. or, just listen.
and tell hans while ur at it. he's been going full pretzle trying to make sense of this nonsense. iffn he keeps it up, he'll hurt his back. he acts like he trying to protect an abused puppy, or the cop handing out waaay tooo many parking tix on the night before xmas near the stores.
There is no sense in nonsense. Danny had a bad game, and most of those complaining that he's reverted back to old form appear completely unaware that their knee-jerk charges are far more clear examples of same old same old than they see in the coach. Who here isn't a work in progress?

The self-certain are rarely as right as they think they are. And I'm one of the few here who even attempt to comprehend your argot.

But "pretzle," now that's an interesting twist. Tyvm.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The “we weren’t aggressive enough to get foul calls” folks should rewatch the game. Xavier did plenty of things to warrant foul calls that were getting whistled the other side.

First few minutes alone:
  1. Xavier multiple players 3 second violations to try to prevent lob play no call
  2. Nunge push on sanogo no call
  3. Sanogo called for foul on lob to Nunge, there was no foul on the play
  4. Hawkins fouled on drive, no call
  5. Newton called for reach foul on made shot, no foul on the play
  6. Hurley warned for being out of coaching box
  7. Back down the court Miller out of box next to ref, no warning
  8. Karaban offensive board, fouled on layup attempt no call made

This is literally just the first 3 minutes of the game. Sure some calls did go our way, but it was 3-1. Xavier has had 15-25 fouls every game this year. They didn’t magically hold us to one of our worst offensive efficiency games of the year while committing 8 defensive fouls.
We are on the road and we aren’t Duke, we aren’t getting any of those calls. This is how college basketball works.

Wait until X comes to CT - I bet we will receive a lot of help.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m really surprised more people aren’t upset about Goodman admitting refs are biased against Hurley. I don’t care if he calls them every slur in the book, call a T when necessary, but that shouldn’t affect the on court reffing of our team. There should be an investigation.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’m really surprised more people aren’t upset about Goodman admitting refs are biased against Hurley. I don’t care if he calls them every slur in the book, call a T when necessary, but that shouldn’t affect the on court reffing of our team. There should be an investigation.
It happens.

When Jim Harbaugh first got to Michigan he used to bark at the refs all the time and it literally costed them games down the stretch when they didn’t get obvious calls.

There was nothing he can do but change and he did. Harbaugh is MUCH less demonstrative on the sideline than he was back in 2016 or in the NFL. Hurley has to grow.

Reaction Score
If that’s true it should be a scandal and these refs should have their names attached. But of course refs are always given cover, never have to answer to the public, and can just slither away
Or maybe adjust and change your schtick it’s not working

Stop with the refs are out to get us. Just like in any line of work if you’re dealing with a nagging Karen guess what they are not getting any leeway and getting the short end of the stick.

There’s an art to working the refs and Dan has failed miserably

Reaction Score
I'd be upset if I actually believed it. I think Goodman is talking out of his ass

Reaction Score
Investigate what? They aren't sworn to secrecy. Everyone in basketball talks and it's no secret Hurley pisses a lot of people off. If they meet up before the game and discuss how they will screw over UConn with all their calls and how they will give Hurley technicals for no reason that's an entirely different thing but reputations are earned and you don't get the benefit of the doubt when you're a huge pain in the arse all the time. Hurley even admits he's been a huge pain in the arse in the past, it's a part of his process building this thing up but he claims that's over now since he built it up.

Calhoun drove refs nuts as well because he rode them so hard and intimidated them into making calls but he was friendly with them and had a repore. This doesn't really seem to be the case with Hurley, he has to get it fixed or it will continue to be a problem.

Reaction Score
Would you like to have someone come to your place of business (office, classroom, construction site, et al) criticizing you while ignorant of your job…..the five second closely guarded rule, and three second defensive player in the paint come to mind?

Reaction Score
This is what I read that Hurley claimed he said to the ref after a foul call to trigger the technical. No swearing, no F bombs, nothing. I get that he screamed at them all game as the discrepancy went to 9 vs 28 free throw attempts, but that is not right. Now we all knew the refs dislike him and he’s intense but to me the refs decided the game’s outcome right then and there and we weren’t by any means playing well with bad substitutions. So if Hurley said “Oh my God” is that a T?
Yup taking the “Lords name in vain “. LOL Just joking I am a survivor of Catholic school education through 8th grade.

Reaction Score
This is what I read that Hurley claimed he said to the ref after a foul call to trigger the technical. No swearing, no F bombs, nothing. I get that he screamed at them all game as the discrepancy went to 9 vs 28 free throw attempts, but that is not right. Now we all knew the refs dislike him and he’s intense but to me the refs decided the game’s outcome right then and there and we weren’t by any means playing well with bad substitutions. So if Hurley said “Oh my God” is that a T?
Yup taking the “Lords name in vain “. LOL Just joking I am a survivor of Catholic school education through 8th grade. That is when
I know it won't ever happen but I'd like to see as part of the official box score or game record officials needing to provide a brief description of the exact reason for T-ing up a coach or player.
An after the game justification might to good for a learning experience for refs but I think that the worst ones think that they are infallible so we may likely get a bunch of “ because I said so” for descriptions.

Reaction Score
Respect is earned, not conferred.
Yes , I learned that from a great ROTC instructor as a freshman at UCONN. Even though I left school ( and as a result ROTC ) for a while that lesson about earning respect stayed with me even when I made it to Sergeant. A friend of mine who made Sergeant the same promotion cycle that I did had to learn from lower ranking Airmen the hard way. Yes, I returned to school after Vietnam and finished up to grad school the second time.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Hurley can be mad about foul discrepancy but honestly when you shoot so many 3's and rarely go to basket it's hard to draw fouls.

Hawk did get 2 calls when shooting a 3. We took 9 FT's. 6 by Hawk on 3 pt fouls, 1 on a Tech....so took 2 FT's otherwise. Yes 28 - 9 is crazy discrepancy on paper but if you don't go to the basket you usually don't draw many fouls.
We had 67 FG attempts in the game. 37 were from 3. it follows then, that we attempted 30, two point FGs. Of the 3 shooting fouls called on Xavier, 2 were on three pointers. So in 30 two point attempts we were fouled ONCE, according to the 3 man reffing crew.
Xavier, on the other hand took 40 2 pt shots (of 52 total) and we were called for fouls on 16 of them. Just over 1/3.
The discrepancy is obvious. And unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley needs to grow ' up, period. Blaming the officiating is for losers. we have the nost overall talent in the country, and a bullseye on our back. We're not getting the benefit of the doubt, especially on the road. but that's no excuse for why we can't overcome and still win tight games.
Our HC needs to mature and stop taking everything personal. If you feel your team is getting jobbed, then pick up a strategic tech early or late, but not in a spot that determines the outcome. Hurley always looks shocked that he picked up a T, like his acting like a somehow had unforeseen circumstances.
if he cant't keep it together in March against some feisty mid-major with a crowd and the refs behind them, then we're gonna lose. He needs to grow up and do his job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom